ER Solutions / [protected] - calling without any reason!

ER Solutions [protected]) has called me demanding my social number and will not tell me why they are calling me. When I tell them I will not give out my social without knowing the purpose of the call they get very rude, telling me that I am not who I say I am!

Comments

• Km
      9th of Aug, 2011

How the hell did they get my cell phone number? It was my Exs old credit card and I was NOT A CO SIGNER! Sounds incredibly illegal to me.

• Km
      9th of Aug, 2011

*** my cell number isn't even listed under my Married Name!

• So
      12th of Sep, 2011

They have called my house for the last 5 days and don't leave a message. When I called back the 425 number it said "We are closed, please call back during normal business hours". It was 11 am. I googled the number and found an 800 number 1-800-350-9095, I asked her politely if they could remove my number. She rudely said, "what's the name", I said, "I don't know because they aren't leaving a message, I just know it's not for me because I don't know any debts." She said, "well how do you expect us to do anything" I said, "I don't know why you have such an attitude when you are the ones calling my house and I don't have an attitude with you. Why don't you type in the number and search for it". She did and said it wasn't there. It was amazing how rude she was right from the start, when all I said was, "Could you please remove my phone number from your system."

I googled some more and found the 800 number above 1-800-477-5451. When I called this number the lady was very polite, asked for my phone number, verified that it was not my name and told me, "bear with her because if I don't take it off both accounts, you will keep getting calls...okay, I removed it, you wont receive any more calls" Very pleasant and easy.

• Ag
      15th of Oct, 2011

This company (ER Solutions) calls my cell phone every morning between 9AM-11AM. They never leave a message, and when you call the number back, it says that due to "extremely high call volume" you have to leave a message, but if you hit 0 it informs you the mailbox is full. So that is completely silly you can't even get a hold of someone.

I called the number on ER Solutions company profile, and trying to reach someone but it just rings then I get a voicemail for "ER Solutions" which i hit 0 and try again to reach someone.

This sounds like they're the same kind of scam company as CM Associate Group who are based out of Corona, CA. So here are some tips:

1. If you get told you owe a debt, ask them when the debt occurred, and when the last payment was made. Then find out your statute of limitations for the state it occurred in, and see if they are illegally attempting to collect on a debt that is outside of the range. If it is, tell them flat out.

2. If it's within the limitations, ask them when they purchased the debt, and state you want a certified mail sent to you with the proof of purchase of your debt showing they now own it. If they cannot provide proof, you do not have to pay a dime. You ONLY pay the company that OWNS the debt. If no one owns it, or this company purchased it but won't provide proof, then you can't pay it's that simple.

3. Contact your local attorney general's office immediately. Give them all the harassment information including any dates, times, and more. Why? This tells them that another company is trying to scam and harass people and it gives them something to investigate.

4. Contact your local police department and open a case regarding the harassment. Contrary to what the debt collectors want you to believe, yes your police will get involved. What they will do is begin an investigation with everything you send them, and begin to work with the local PD's in the area the numbers are located from to bring down these people. It will take a long time, but having the report on file helps.

5. MOST IMPORTANT - STOP ALL COMMUNICATION WITH THE COMPANY. Every time you pick up that phone, whether it's to cuss them out or even be polite, you are SHOWING them your weaknesses. These people PREY on you, they listen for when you become calm in your voice, or get angry. They look for what buttons to push, they look to see if your number works, there are many many things and when you pick up that phone you re-open the door. STOP. It's frustrating, it's annoying, it makes you lose sleep, it makes you feel like a victim, yes. But stop all contact IMMEDIATELY. These people would rather pay their phone bill every month on these calls knowing they tricked people into giving them money. If you never pick up and never pay, they will move on. But if you pick up that phone they will go "Hmm this person could be tricked" and then never give up.

6. GET A COPY OF YOUR CREDIT REPORT - You may not owe a debt they are asking for, but if they are saying you owe money, it means you do SOMEWHERE. If you think you do not have any debts, check your credit report immediately for fraud/identity theft. These companies will pull credit reports, see you have debts that are nearing the end of the statute of limitations and that is what they are doing, they are going after those people trying to scam them. Sometimes they will even say it IS a debt you owe but a few phone calls will prove they don't own it as I said. CHECK YOUR REPORT - www.annualcreditreport.com is free.

I hope this helps you all. I have been dealing with another company like this for months now, except the other one claims to have process servers and there are "open law suits" when there aren't. It's how I know so much.

• Sc
      1st of Dec, 2011

They called me this morning. They are now calling themselves "Convergent". First of all, they called my husband's phone looking for me. Then they wouldn't give me any information unless I gave my address and last four. When I told them I wouldn't, the person said, "Well, you're going to want to down the road." (Haha. Yeah right.) Then I asked to be sent a letter, and the person said, "We'll just make a note of it and move on." Sounds super scammy to me.