epson printers / faulty goods poor customer service

epson printers
Purchased direct from Epson, an epson SX200 printer Dec 2008.
Purchased direct from Epson replacement cartridge Jan 2009.
Feb 2009 tried to instal new cartridge after printing just x40 sheets of A4. Machine rejects new cartridge.

Two days trying to get through to customer service (repeatedly put on hold). Third day got through to obstructive, unhelpful & obtuse customer? service?

As a customer of Epson "you are always wrong" it would seem

Epson position on the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" for their product 'not fit for purpose'. Offered a 2nd hand machine which I then have to pay for...despite SOGA1979 stating I should incur no financial loss.

Trading Standards informed & ref.No. obtained...but Epson still not bothered to replace faulty item.

EPSON:-Not a company or products I could consider recommending due to shoddy dealing with legitimate customer complaint...still unresolved!

A  4th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree with you. you are lucky you did not keep it. I had a epson stylus 1520 after 4 years and 2000 prints it told me I should get it serviced. I did not need to so carried on. so the printer shout down on me and would not start at all. I had a look in side. I found a BIG ink pad!! full of my! ink. now we know where it all goes. I will not be use'd any more by epson. so I put it in the bin. shame it was a great printer. but just a epson Scam.
N  3rd of Jun, 2009 by
Hello Sir,

sir i m from Sri Ganganagar (Rajasthan) sir i want to say that i m using ur company printer Epson and sir here in sri ganganagar u have a service center here in our town but ur company servent Mr. Vishal have really so bad in talking with customers i send him a printer since May 1st 2009 but the printer is still not working he always says that your printer is not responding and he said today i m working on your printer and always says that call me at 2.00 "o" clock in afternoon but always the same he says call me tomarrow at same time and when i say him that i complant then he said ok go ahead and he use abuse language while i say him to give back my printer sir i request you to c your service center here in sri ganganagar otherwise ur costumer never trust epson

Thx and Regards

Mohit Munjaal
17 B block
Sri Ganganagar (Raj.)
D  20th of Sep, 2009 by
sir before 3-4 days i complain of my printer(LX-300+II), complain no. is 519756, your executive(Mr. Ganesh) told me Engineer will reach within 24 working hours.but there is no response from your side, sir there is my bussiness so i can, t phase these type of problem there is so bad service is Epson.i future i cant give advice to any one to purchse a printer of EPSON.
A  7th of Aug, 2013 by
I recently purchase an Epson scanner GT-1500. As soon as I plugged it in the fault light came on. I tried to find an email address for Epson Uk but could only find a support telephone number at 10p per minutes. My first call was cut off after 3 minutes. On the second call I spoke to someone who said they get an engineer out. I said I need the equipment urgently and they said the engineer would contact me with 16 hours. 20 hours later no one had called. I then contact then again and was told that 16 hours was 16 "working hours" so two days. They cant tell me when the engineer will be because they don't know if they have stock. I said could they supply a returns number and I would order another one but they can give me a returns number because they have to wait for the service centre to tell then. They don, t know how long that will be. So at this moment my company has a fault new scanner and no replacement date. Do not buy EPSON products.
A  16th of Dec, 2013 by
I was just told off for re-starting my modem and 'did you wait...' as though I was a naughty school girl for having bothered the woman. Yes I rang twice because they didn't solve my issue after I re-installed my WF 7510..
Absolutely the worst customer service experience, they get stroppy for you for calling, so do not buy Epson, I never will again. Definitely highly unsatisfied customer here, and I will not recommend Epson!
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by
Dear Sir,
I have bought Epson LX-310 printer its Serial no. is: - Q7EY172507 on 27/11/2017 from my earlier experience because I used L565, L380 and M200 before so we are premium customer of EPSON. I called to CC, submit my complaint No.4163744 as printer is not picking the page, and needed to be configure. The representative Mr. Saurav visited to us on 28/11/2017 and said that he don't have any knowledge about dot-matrix printer and can't configure the papersize.he conveyed to us the another senior Engineer will visit to us and sort out the problem. But nobody have visited to us.Afterthat I informed many time to our local Service center and they assured that shortly any trained person will visit to us. I again on 29/11/2017 informed about this to CCE Mr. Sayed and they have given me another complaint no 4174101 and said to me to request at service center. Nevertheless, no one reach to us. On 30/11/2017 I again called to CCE Miss Priyanka she said the complaint no. is not correct. I do not know what is happening in your administration as it seem to me either someone has modified the complaint no from your database.
Today I again informed to CCE Miss Priyanka that still the problem is persists, she again raised the complaint No.-4184499, and same like before assured me that my complaint will resolved as soon as possible. I want to tell you that we are corporate user and having many products from EPSON. If you can send experienced technician than he can mark the problem we are facing. Therefore, I request to solve this problem As soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,