Endurance / extended warranty

1 Pompano Beach, FL, United States

I purchased a 2011 Chevy Equinox in July 2016. It has 60, 560 miles on it. I decided to get extended warranty coverage and researched the various companies online. Endurance had the best customer reviews, so I called for a quote. The salesperson (Jason) described Endurance as "the best warranty company" available. He phrases like "bumper to bumper coverage"..."peace of mind", etc.
I disclosed that I had recently purchased vehicle, and provided the actual mileage on vehicle. I was given the quote, but said I'd think it over. Jason cautioned me that the quote was only good for the duration of the conversation. He said "the amount would not be the same" if I decided to call back...
I asked if I needed to have vehicle inspected PRIOR to purchasing the extended warranty and he told me "No, there is a 30-day/1000 mile waiting period" So, I gave a lump sum payment and agreed to monthly installments for a two year period.
Two months later, my engine light started to come on intermittently. The contract states: "failure to service vehicle when there is an indication of an issue" would nullify the contract, so I took vehicle to dealership. It was determined that the problem was within the crankshaft...
...DENIED!
I called to get an explanation as to WHY the claim was denied and the answer was perplexing. Endurance classified the part required as a "wire"; Chevrolet dealership said it was a "part". Either way, I was on the hook for $200. The customer service person offered to offset this by waiving my next payment. That didn't cover the full amount, but it was something. I had asked my service rep to do a complete diagnostic test since the car was there already. A possible issue with transmission was detected. I was asked to authorize the labor to tear down the transmission. I called Endurance to inquire as to whether or not the labor was covered under my warranty. The representative from Endurance told me that I should take my car to a transmission specialists. I said I would prefer to leave it at the Chevy dealership. He then said it was 'normal' for the owner to authorize the labor, but he added: " if a problem is detected, then we would cover the labor. There's no way for me to know what the problem is so I can't guarantee it'll be covered, but you have the highest coverage available." I asked for clarification "so if they find a problem, it will be covered?"
..."MORE THAN LIKELY"
One week later, my service rep phoned to say the transmission had been taken apart and they were waiting on an Endurance inspector to have a look. Ten days in...and I get a call from dealership saying my second claim...
...DENIED!
"Why?", I asked. The inspector told the dealership that I had not met the mileage requirements, which was not true. I had exceeded both the 30-day and 1000 mile stipulation. I called Endurance and after effectively disputing the inspectors reason for denying my claim, I was told my transmission problem was determined to be "pre-existing." So, after asking what I thought were the RIGHT questions (Do you need to inspect car PRIOR to contract activation?)
They answered..."No"
I asked to speak with a supervisor to cancel my warranty and the customer service rep said he would hate for me to miss out on coverage down the line.
I reminded him that so far I'm 0 for 2; its doubtful that I will need a warranty that only covers things "in theory only". He gave me the manager's name and number and I left three separate messages to no avail.
Not only is this the 10th without my vehicle but its the day of the parade for the Chicago Cubs. Oh, did I mention this is an Illinois-based company?
Yeah...I'm not holding my breathe waiting for a callback.
JUST SAY "NO" TO ENDURANCE!

Ni