Enbridge / Door-to-door scam!

1 Canada Review updated:

I am absolutely furious! About a month ago, a man came to my door saying that he was from Enbridge. He said that the wrong bill was sent and the paying price should have been lower. I did not know because I am only 15 years old, I signed a contract and gave him my parent's latest Enbridge bill. He said the right bill will be sent and the one I gave him would be also mailed back. That same month a bill came home for about $400. My father did not know and sent the check. Then after my parents realized what had happened when they sent another bill for $800! The price was outrageous! My parents paid and called them to cancel everything because of the mishap about two weeks ago. But just this week they sent another bill along with a fine (totaled over $1000) because they claimed my parents did not paid yet! I have no idea if they still have my family's account on their list.

I am outrage at this matter for wrongly scamming people, especially having a minor to sign like me because I did not know any better! I demand that the government should take action on this and put an end to all these wrongful scams!

Comments

• To
      29th of Jun, 2011

The exact samething have just happened to me
    ignore the bill and complain to the OEB, they will try to bind a contract on you, but if they did not call you and confirm a contract, you can complain and they will get a fine up to $250, 000