Emirates Airlines / bad food on emirates airlines!

1 Canada Review updated:

My family, including my wife, two daughters aged 7 and 2 1/2 year and a son aged 11 months, traveled from toronto, ca to dubai, uae via emirates on october 31, 2007. As soon as my family reached dubai, first my daughter aged 2 1/2 year fell sick and starting vomiting and had diarrhea. Later she developed fever. On the second day, my son fell sick with same symptoms... Now my eldest daughter as well as my wife is showing the same symptoms...

My wife also mentioned that the service on emirates flight was terrible as well and the seats on the flight were too cramped. My wife actually delayed he departure from toronto after hearing the news that emirates is starting its non-stop flight from toronto to dubai but it has been utter disappointment.

Is there anyone else who felt sick on flight ek242 from toronto to dubai on october 31, 2007.

Thanks...

Comments

• Wf
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I have been travelling with Emirates for quite a numbe of years and as a result of that I am holding a Gold Skywards card EK106925000.

I was late to the check in desk yesterday (1/12/2008) by 5 minutes and they refused to let me in. i explained to them that I left at 12:10pm from Sharjah to catch the 14:45 plane to London Gatwick. I was stranded in the traffic and eventually got to the Air port at 14:05. I had to pay £75 to take the next flight to Heathrow where my baggage didn't arrive and my belongings including my company pass and the laptop and all the essential items are not available for me. I cannot go to work and I am losing money. So far no calls from the Airline office about my baggage.

I am obviously very disaapointed and demanding compensation.

The standards of the Emirates Airlines is diminishing and as a frequesnt traveller I am looking for other options

• Po
      30th of Jan, 2009

As a frequent traveller you should know better than most that you must report to checkin more than 40 minutes before departure. Checkin for all international flights is open 3hours before departure and traffic situation is not uncommon and you should have planned accordingly.

Frequent flyer points dont give you the permission to turn up late and is not an excuse. When you joined the programme it doesnt say upggrade, use of lounges oh and checkin in when you want.