Emirates Airline / flight cancelled at last minute and business class upgrade not honoured

Bahrain Review updated:

On 24th june 2016 flight ek834 from bahrain to dubai was cancelled at the very last minute. The next available flight was some 4 hours later and would mean that i would miss on-going connections from dubai to london gatwick and then from gatwick to malaga. Firstly i was most grateful for being transferred to a gulf air flight which took me to london heathrow direct, although in economy and not business even though i had paid for an upgrade; and i also had to arrange a transfer from heathrow to gatwick.
Subsequent correspondence with emirates has been extremely poor and they suggested i contact my travel insurance to claim compensation. However, the business class upgrade is a contract between me and emirates and so is not a matter for insurance to resolve.
Each reply from them appears to require up to 30 days for action, but with no confirmation that they will honour a paid for service or provide a refund.
I can be contacted at [protected]@rasburnett.Co.Uk, or by phone on +966 [protected]

Ro
Aug 15, 2016

Comments

• Al
      Oct 28, 2016

Emirates combined my first name with my last name on 2 tickets. Now I have to pay for their mistake to be changed. But the top of the cherry is that they constantly make failures so that it took me more than 10 hours on the phone and exchanged emails to get eveything corected. Their services is so poor and unprofesional that they cannot do what is basics for most Airlines to perform. And still not finished : they cannot spell correctly their email adresses... So be prepared !