Emirates Airline / flight cancelled at last minute and business class upgrade not honoured
On 24th june 2016 flight ek834 from bahrain to dubai was cancelled at the very last minute. The next available flight was some 4 hours later and would mean that i would miss on-going connections from dubai to london gatwick and then from gatwick to malaga. Firstly i was most grateful for being transferred to a gulf air flight which took me to london heathrow direct, although in economy and not business even though i had paid for an upgrade; and i also had to arrange a transfer from heathrow to gatwick.
Subsequent correspondence with emirates has been extremely poor and they suggested i contact my travel insurance to claim compensation. However, the business class upgrade is a contract between me and emirates and so is not a matter for insurance to resolve.
Each reply from them appears to require up to 30 days for action, but with no confirmation that they will honour a paid for service or provide a refund.
I can be contacted at [protected]@rasburnett.Co.Uk, or by phone on +966 [protected]
More Emirates Airline Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Airlines - missing stroller and swiss knife! 
- Emirates Airlines - non co-operation
- Emirates Airlines - extremely bad organisation of flights
- Emirates Airline - sale of ticket by misrepresentation
- Emirates Airline - aircraft defect