Emirates Air Lines / complaint of jewelry theft in checked in baggage.

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Sub: - complaint of jewelry theft in checked in baggage.

I was traveling by emirates flight no ek & ndash; 502 dubai & ndash; mumbai on 16 august. I have checked in the big 32 kg baggage initially. But before boarding the plane the emirates officer fixed a tag on my hand carry luggage and took it away from me. The tag no given to me for this bag was ek 265731 with barcode.

On arrivalat mumbai airport I got my baggage with the lock in place. After coming home when I opened the lock and the bag it was found that the following items were missing from it :-
• four gold bangles : - weight 27 grams with the receipt.
• one set of earrings : - small baby earrings.
• one titan edge watch.
This matter is serious as I have a doubt on the baggage handling staff at dubai airport, they have the access to see x-ray of the baggage and they picked up all the valuables from my bag.

Syed muntajeebuddin

Comments

• So
      15th of Sep, 2008

I recently returned from a trip to Dubai. One of my suitcases never arrived at my final destination. The airline can't even trace whether it left Dubai airport. It was a suitcase with most of my expensive shopping. I suspect my bag was stolen since I opened it infront of a porter who are known to be lookouts to inform the baggage handlers which bag to steal. I just find it strange that my 4 other pieces arrived and the one piece that had the expensive items didn't. I would accept perhaps it got lost if airline can tell me that yes it did leave Dubai airport but they can't. I have heard from many others with similar experiences. I think this is a real shame for Dubai. I plan to on writing to the tourism minister to complain about the number of thefts occuring at this airport. I wouldn't consider vacationing in Dubai again because of this experience. I encourage everyone who has has similar experience at Dubai airport or with Emirates airline to write to him as well. Maybe if enough people write he would consider taking action.

31st of Oct, 2008

I GOT AN APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM UK JOB. REF. NO E.A.G./GFP/UK 114-08. IWOULD LIKE TO RECONFIRM IT IS TRUE OR [censored]. FOR PROCEDING ALL DOCUMENT THE UK TRAVEL AGENT ASKING FOR 1200 GBP POUND. I WORKED MANY COUNTRY BUT NO ONE DEMAND FOR ANY TYPE OF CHARGES FOR PROCEDING ANY DOCUMENTS. OLS. LET ME KNOW THE FACT AND GUIDE ME FOR FURTHER STEPS. THANKING YOU, MAHENDRA PANCHAL