Electrolux / el 6988 e canister vacuum cleaner

1 Peoria, IL, United States

The coupling on the powerhead of this vacuum completely cracked. This is a back up vacuum that is rarely used and been taken excellent care of. It looks like new. My main vacuum is an electrolux, and was quite surprised that this broke the way it did on a machine that is much newer and not used as much as the other that is much older. When researching the internet I found it flooded with numerous complaints from customers who had exactly the same problem with this model. I called the company, and as other dis- satisfied customers reported they did nothing but suggest I buy a new power head at a cost of 125.00 . What really upset me and caused me to write this letter is they used the excuse that the problem was because the powerhead was removed incorrectly insinuating that I am to ignorant to know how to remove a powerhead correctly. The same excuse that they have told other customers to justify the real problem which is cheap plastic and a defective part- which I am sure the company is aware of. I also informed them that this powerhead is not removed. There is no need too. I use my main vacuum attachments for extensive cleaning. Also any attachments I do use do not require the powerhead to be removed.
I am writing this as frankly I am sick and tired of companies producing cheap defective products and not standing behind their products which ends up costing the consumer. As for customer service they should realize that they are losing long time customers such as myself because of their complete disregard for customer satisfaction. I am in the process of buying another main vacuum. The electrolux and the Meile both retail for 1000.00. Guess which one I will be buying? Wake up electrolux, quit producing defective vacuum parts or at least replace them when they completely fall apart . Don't blame the customer with some ridiculous excuse!

Dec 31, 2016