Eircom / Unprofessional

1 Ireland Review updated:

Eircom provides an abysmal service. Until enough people complain nothing will change. The anger I feel towards this company makes me sick. I live in an isolated part of the country with 2 small children. For years I have paid line rental for a line that doesn't work or at least works intermittently. The only reason I stayed with Eircom was in case of an emergency and I needed to call for help. Now with the Three networks scheme I have full signal on my mobile so I canceled Eircom, but they still robbed me of another 30 days line rental fee. To add insult to injury they call me on my mobile to offer me broadband that I know they can't deliver.

Md

Comments

• Md
      16th of Jul, 2011

How is this country ever going to gain any respect and dig itself out of the hole if our big companies like Eircom are just Mickey Mouse set-ups. If business is to grow and compete on a global scale this country at least need to have a decent phone and more importantly a powerful broadband provider. Enough of this Mickey Mouse rubbish.

• Md
      16th of Jul, 2011

Never ending problems with Eircom. I live in an isolated area and paid Eircom for 2 years line rental for a service they continuously promised to fix but never did. Line rental for a phone line where I could not hear the other person on the other end of the line, a line that cut out mid call of just wasn't there at all. The only reason I kept paying was because I have two small children and was worried that I might need the phone in an emergency and hoped that if I ever did I'd be lucky and it would work. Russian roulette of sorts. Now that Three have the network coverage in my area I was delighted to leave Eircom, but I still had to pay for another 30 days to get out of the contract.
    My frustration with Eircom is heightened by the fact that you can't talk or complain to anyone that makes a difference, you may as well talk to the wall. Curse them and good riddance!!

• Wo
      9th of Oct, 2013

I wholeheartedly agree with you M.D2. Here we are, 2013, over 2 years after your complaint, and I am being harrassed and treated like a liar by this faceless, national company, whose understanding of customer service is nil!

They say I owe them money, I dispute this, and I've been "talking to the wall" as were you in July 2011. I've logged a complaint with Ofreg - Lets hope that they are not in the lap of the Dail! Watch this space! GRRRRRR!

Disgraceful.