eHarmony.com / eharmony unauthorized charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8006489578

Now this is a laugh that is not funny! What would a 71 year old woman with a husband who is 89, want with a service such as this. I never ordered this service EHarmony. It is frightening that they are able to get information and without authorization charge $179.70 to my account. Believe me, this is a BIG amount for two people who live on social security.

I wish to advise the company, if this is not addressed immediately, I will be force to open legal investigation with the involvement of Office of Attorney General.

Comments

• Be
      24th of Aug, 2008

eharmony appears to be completely disfunctional and sociopathic regarding it's treatment of the consumers.
    For 2 years, I attempted to get off their email spams and they finally sent a letter, about 2 months ago, that my email would not be used again.
    Today, I got another Spam about Enchanced Features on my account. I called. They said I had not closed my account.
    I told the customer service rep that I had found at least 200 complaints about eharmony in one day. She assured me that about 200 couples are getting married everyday.
    Does anyone really believe that?
    That Dr...whatever his name is...the one who acts like a Christian is a predator and is filled with evil greed.

• Be
      24th of Aug, 2008

As a second thought, will everyone who has had a problem with eharmony get on the telephone to their 800 number:

800-648-9548.

If several hundred people call them everyday, their telephone bill will be very expensive and that may be a small battle won but at least it sends a clear message that if they are going to make our lives miserable, we are glad to return the favor and do it legally.

• Je
      6th of Oct, 2008

I've been on eHarmony since February, and they send me all 'Closed' matches. I did a test this week, I log on to the site every 30 minutes to try and catch a Match before it's closed. Guess what? 30 minutes ago, no match. 30 minutes later, a closed match! Does eHarmony really expect me to believe that, men I'm not even initiating communication with, who's profiles I've never even seen, are getting my profile and feeling it necessary to 'permanenetly close communication' with me the very instant they receive me as a match? I mean, it's possible, but not very likely. I was never in 'communication' with these strangers in the first place. I never even knew they existed until eHarmony sent me a break-up letter from a guy I never knew. But apparently he knew me already? I'm certain that eHarmony is sending me fake 'matches'. There's a link in a member's Home Page called 'Who's Viewed Me?'. None of the men I alledgedly was 'matched' to are even in there! You have to view a profile before you can decide to Open Communication or Close Match. They must have a set of fake profiles they send to the dope members, and they're closed when you get them, so eHarmony covers their butt- 'we matched you to these 113 men, but they all decided at the very instant they received the match that they had to close communication with you PERMANENTLY, and INSTANTLY! So that there wasn't even a second of time between you receiving the match and it being closed." I'm an attractive 33 year old with a very nice figure and a loving heart. I'm not everyone's type, I understand, but 113 men all sending a 'closed' message? That's just odd. Isn't simply NOT iniatiating communication enough? Doesn't that send a woman the message that he's not interested? That's what happens in the real world. Men simply don't make a move when they aren't that interested. Are break-up letters that say 'this person chose to permanently close communication with you' a little harsh? And totally unrealistic? Well, 3 men Requested Communication, which means 'Answer His Questions'. Twice I stupidly answered a stranger, whom I owed nothing, his inappropriate questions, and THEN the match was closed. Something's totally up with this site. I'm betting it's shut down soon. There are thousands of complants all over the Internet...

• Sh
      5th of Nov, 2008

I signed up for one month of eharmony in 2006. There was no "recurring billing" check mark on the credit card page. Apparently, they HIDE it in the "terms and conditions". They have charged me 29.99 for the past 22 months without my even knowing it! That's almost $700.00! And when I brought it to their attention, they kindly refunded me for ONE month and told me that was the best they could do based on their "terms and conditions!" I have not even logged on to this service in 22 months and they still charge for it every month! HIGHLY UNETHICAL!!!

30th of Nov, 2009

Are they serious. What about this site means someone can meet great date.

• Da
      16th of Jun, 2011

This company is a wast of time DO NOT USE the scam money out of people !