Edward Jones / lied about commission
Jeff Rudolf of Iowa City said he'd charge half price on his commission for a stock trade since I was going to move my money to a etrade account. He wanted 2 percent on the buy, and 2 percent on the sell, with an additional 4.95 transaction fee. Half of that is 1 percent on both ends, and 4.95 transaction. He bought the stock and I got mail confirmation of 1.25 percent commission of the buy end. The stock rose a bit. I told him to sell and I got mail confirmation that he charged 1.75 percent commission on the sell end. So he charged an extra 1 percent all together. On a six grand investment, he took an additional $60. I only agreed to pay 2% total equaling $120. $120 bucks is a lot when I could have made the same on etrade for 9 bucks on both ends. But to kick me in the nuts by charging 50% more than was agreed is not right. I made $30 bucks insted of $90. Not a lot of money, I know, but I like to stick to the agreement. Even if the investment went sour, I would be more happy losing $200 bucks on my word, rather than nickle and diming your customers. When I called him, he just talked over me about getting me the highest price possible and that he did not want to do the trade, and he made no money on it. He made $180 bucks to my $30. Let me remind you, He called me after he knew i was moving it to etrade. What a joke. Thanks Ed ###!!!
More Edward Jones Complaints & Reviews
- Edward Jones Investments - misrepresntation, fraud, seedy stock brokers 
- Edward Jones - sales charges 
- Edward Jones - breach of binding agreement 
- Edward Jones - irresponsibility 
- Edward Jones - worst investor ever 
- Edward Jones - Stock Selection When To Sell
- Edward Jones - unauthorized withdraw from account
- Edward Jones - supposed to be getting a reimbursement of my 5% that I put down on my initial investment.
- Edward Jones - ulana emerson, port jervis, ny
- [Resolved] Edward Jones - private consultation