Edible Arrangements - Chocolate Dipped Apples And Strawberries - Mixed Toppings - 12 Box / Horrible product & worse customer service

I ordered a box of edible arrangements chocolate dipped strawberries and apples to be delivered for my mother's 90th birthday. The box arrived and, according to my mom, looked beautiful. She immediately tried one of the strawberries and she said it was inedible. The berries seemed like they had been frozen and turned into mush. She then tried an apple and it was the same, inedible mush. When I called customer service, the representative listened to my issue, looked up the order and immediately became defensive, saying "the fruit was delivered when you asked for it to be delivered. " I explained that I wasn't questioning when the delivery happened, but the fact that the fruit was inedible. There was no apology or acknowledgement that this was wrong, no offer to make it right. I paid $39 plus $15 for delivery, with tax a total of $57.24 for twelve pieces of inedible chocolate dipped fruit. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I expected the manager to get on the line and apologize profusely for their error. Instead of the supervisor, the rep came back on the line to say she could redeliver the gift or refund my credit card. I let her know I preferred a refund, then asked her why the supervisor didn't care to get on the phone to make this right for a repeat customer. She didn't know why, but said she would have someone call me back to process my refund. I had already spent about 15 minutes on the phone and asked if I could just speak to someone now who could take care of the refund. She then got her supervisor to take my call. He wasn't apologetic at all and I directly asked him why they didn't care to make things right, apologize, and offer a solution instead of being defensive and allowing a customer to go away angry. He said he understood what I was saying and did apologize in the end. I still don't have "warm fuzzy" feelings about edible arrangements and that could have been completely avoided if their customer service was handled properly.

Comments

• Ni
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I had the same problem with my orders. I order one of their arrangement and it looked great when we got but when we tried eating it; It's was anything but edible. The cantaloupe was slimy as if the arrangement was made with old fruit. The strawberries were mushy, the Grape had a odd taste and the Honeydew was hard and not ripe. The only thing in the basket that was good was the pineapple. I called and complained. The store manager at first wanted the basket back so he can replace it but I told him that we put it out for a party and everyone picked at it and threw out the fruit as they tasted it. There was nothing left to return. He then made a gesture as if I'm just trying to get a credit or something for free. This made me very angry so I told him that i will never use Edible Arrangements again. Edible arrangement manager told me that he will send me another basket for free. I told him that is fine even though My party was already over. Unfortunately, the new basket had the same problem. I didn't call them again to complain but I will never use them again.