Edible Arrangements / Poor customer service!

The product is very cute but the customer service at the franchisees (At least at far hills, nj) and at the corporate office have had us tell them not to deliver to us! A friend wanted to send us one of their baskets of fruit to thank me for helping them with some pc problems (I know how to fix pcs... If you can't tell, I can't make nice looking websites! But the content, at least here is what counts).

So the far hills office calls to tell us they will be delivering a gift. I ask who it's from 3 times and it wasn't till I hung up on them and they called back, did they tell me on the 4th request who it was from. And this is cut fruit (Hopefully fresh) so you shouldn't leave it outside too long. So I ask 'when will you be coming / can we set a time' for you to drop this off? She tells me 'no, we can't commit to a time!' we're supposed to stay home all day for this?!

As much as I am a kid at heart, i've cut fruit pieces and pb&j sandwiches in different shapes, and this would be our first edible arrangements basket, I tell her we don't want the delivery. She should call the people sending the gift to thank them but the recipient doesn't want it because edible arrangements customer service is pitiful. She says ok (Quite willingly, with no qualms) and I hang up.

I want to let their corporate office know how a franchisee is annoying (At least) one customer. Their website has no corporate phone number. I call the livingston, nj locaiton and get the corporate 800 number. I google the company and find the president's name. Calling at 8:15am, I dial by name and get a recording that is out of the office till october 16th. If you need immediate assistance, call cheryl at a 7 digit extension?! No, that doesn't work in their phone system. A phone number? What's their f_ing area code.

More searches on google. Ah, 203... Dial that number - it'll take me right to cheryl's line!? No! That's their f_ing switchboard. Ok, I can dial by name, like I did for the president. It wants you to dial by last name!? What the f___! Cheryl only left her first name on that recording.

For more information check out my website I set up to warn others about the lame customer service from edible arrangements: http://www.Ediblearrangementssucks.com/

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Dec, 2006

Talk about sour grapes!!! lol
    Someone trying to do something nice for you & you completely overreact. Hardly a well made case for Edible arrangements sucking. Perhaps MYEDIBLEARRANGEMENTSSUCKS would be more truthful. I have used them on numerous occasions & they have been fantastic.

• Li
      9th of Sep, 2007

One rotten apple will spoil the whole bunch, and David is certainly that one. All the effort wasted on those phone calls, and all the time spent not to mention the stress to the immune system, David could have been gracious and accepted the gift without making such a big deal over it and throwing the gift back to the sender.

When the gift is received, if it was not in good order or ruined, then IF the sender asks about it - you can mention something. Otherwise, just send a thank-you note.

Yes, customer service is important, but put it all in perspective and remember - it's the thought that counts!

• Ke
      12th of Sep, 2007

I think edible arrangments is the best thing in the world!!!

23rd of Sep, 2007

Yo buddy. First off all you did was copy and paste from a website you once had before where you didn't have a comment box. So i'm very glad to see that i can leave u a comment. I work at an Edible Arrangements. So i would like you to read what you have posted. Just one more time. Tell me if you get the same information I'm getting.

To sum up your story, basically, you did something nice for someone. They wanted to send you a basket. They called you just to make sure you were home. Now i do understand if they worded it wrong when they said they have a delivery for you. I try to give a time frame. Most people either agree with the time frame or just pick it up. I'm guessing that no matter how great you are with making websites, your not to good at using your noodle.

Also the person you were talking to didn't give you a customer name jsut because ALL customers hate that. They write a card message for a reason. SO YOU THE REC. reads it. on your own time.

Sit you have a problem. A big one. So next time please just calm down, eat some fruit and hope i don't make a web site about how much I hate people like you that don't know how to accept a gift.

• El
      25th of Sep, 2007

First of all.. what delivery business can give you an exact time they will be there?? None Second of all... we are not supposed to tell you who the "gift" is from.. thats up to the customer who BUYS the arrangement to say

Yes.. all stores are not created equal but, that goes with everything. Most stores have limited delivery area

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

• Ci
      4th of Nov, 2007

Wow, what a whiner... ditto to all the comments to this poor unhappy fellows expectations!

I'm looking to buy a EA franchise and have found nothing but happy customers until I came across this guys ugly comments.

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to send a friend or family a fruit basket... more power to EA and good luck to all the franchise owners just trying to make people happy and make a buck.

21st of Feb, 2008

Umm... I don't know why you would not accept a gift but I too HATE edible arrangements. They have thee worst customer service. I sent my boyfriend a bouquet and they screwed up the address but somehow it got delivered to his Apartment Complex leasing department. Now I live in MI and this was sent to the only address I know in Indiana. I sent to 423 apartment i and they had 701 apartment 1 (one). Then after it sat out for about 3 hours.I had to call him and ruin the suprise... telling him I sent him something. Then when I called to get a refund the owner told me it was my fault and the 701 apartment 1 (one) must have been what I said (mind you I have never been to INdiana and the address I gave is the ONLY address I know)..HOWEVER the day of the delievery the manager verified the correct address with me. To make matters worse I tried getting a refund and there is no customer service or number to call to get a refund. I will NEVER order from them again. ughh... I even filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I am enraged. Does anyone know of anything else I can do to get a refund?

The store is in Fishers, Indiana.

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2008

For those of you that don't like to do business with EA try Fresh Fruit Bouquet Company, we have wonderful chocolate dipped fruit in white, milk and dark.

• Ha
      19th of Mar, 2008

Fresh Fruit Bouquet Company, arent's you just Edible Arrangements under different cover? Perhaps spinning the original idea through different fronts but our money all ends up in the same place?

• Ke
      1st of May, 2008

I haven't ordered an EA yet but just looking at this complaint board is really annoying. Get a life!

• Li
      6th of May, 2008

I decided to get an edible arrangment for my mother so I called the EA near to me and they were some of the most nice people. But decided to make one myself. So all you people mad at EA should go and make one yourself it was not that hard and made the gift that much more special.

• Do
      10th of May, 2008

12th of May, 2008

I ordered this stuff for my mom to be delivered the day before Mother's Day. That never happened. They haven't responded to my emails or phone calls yet, but they gladly took my money. I am never going with EA again and now I have to jump through hoops to get my money back, awesome.

13th of May, 2008

I sent an arrangement to my mother and a second one to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. Both arrived perfectly and we scored major points with the parents.

• Si
      14th of May, 2008

Don't order from Moreno Valley edible arrangement store!!
    On May 2nd I placed an online order to arrive to an individuals on Friday, May 9th. Not only did the order not arrive, but the company did not notify me in any way that it had not. It was only because the recipient notified me on Monday, May 12th that her group's special gift had not arrived.

After several calls and speaking to 3 different reps. at the Moreno Valley franchise. someone apologized and said the order would go out the next day. The order did indeed go out the next day at 4:30pm, the same time I had informed the rep. the office closed! The worst part is that the fruit was horrbile, brown and wilted. So much so, that the person who received the gift called the store directly.

This was all extremely dissapointing as I have used other franchise stores with great results.

Simera

• Ju
      19th of May, 2008

GREAT IDEA BUT TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT!! AT LEAST IN HAMPTON VIRGINIA...THEY USE UNFRESH AND BRUISED FRUIT. I ORDERED AN ARRANGEMENT FOR MY MOTHER IN-LAW FOR MOTHER'S DAY AND SHE GOT A VERY UNEDIBLE ARRANGEMENT...VERY EMBARRASSING! NOT SURE HOW OTHER LOCATIONS WORK, BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOU PLAN ON ORDERING FROM THE COLISEUM CROSSING STORE IN HAMPTON, VIRGINIA. THEY MAKE UNEDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS!!!

• He
      21st of May, 2008

My co-worker and I have just read your complaint, and we are CURRENTLY working at EA right now. We are one of the top stores located in the United States, and just so you know we are a franchise and each store is owned by a seperate owner and can be operated very differently! We have yet to have a single complaint this year, and I can personally say not all Edible Arrangements have pitiful customer service like you say. Our fruit is delicious and we try our hardest to be polite to even the worst customers, like you, who make our job more difficult. Sorry your experience was a horrible one with that franchise but you shouldn't go posting complaints about all EA's until you've done your research to discover they all are seperately owned.

• Ry
      6th of Jun, 2008

I hear some of you had a poor experience with a fellow gift-giving company. As a consumer, i hate when that happens, and for gifts its even worse. I would like to put myself out to all of you as the only Cookies by Design owner with their cell phone number listed on their location page at cookiesbydesign.com. I am in the Westlake Village, CA location. Feel free to call, pick my brain about any gift-type problems you have. Talk soon!

Buy from somewhere you KNOW how to get a hold of the owner directly.

-Ryan Paules
    Cookies by Design Westlake Village, CA

12th of Jun, 2008

I found edible arrangements service really good. Fruits is quite fresh and they delover me on time. may the the sotories here are from past but now they are quite active . So No problems now.

• Ro
      8th of Jul, 2008

...you've gotta be kidding...someone sends you something as a thank you..the store calls to let you know and since they can't give an EXACT delivery time, you cancel...do u really think you are the only delivery they have all day...not sure of your exact age but David, grow up...the world does not revolve around you catering to your every whim...so if anyone ever attempts to send you anything at all (not sure why anyone would with yr attitude)..but IF that shd happen again...either accept it graciously, or ask the store to donate it to a hospital or food bank, where someone really would be grateful!