Edible arrangementsruined anniversary surprise

J Review updated:

I placed an order last week for our 9th anniversary. I told the lady on the phone that it was a surprise gift and I wanted it delivered to my wife's place of employment. She told me no problem but that she couldn't give me an exact time that it would be delivered but if I called on the day of delivery that I could get a closer time frame. So, I made the call and they told me it would be delivered between 11:00 and 1:00. At 1 I called my wife to see if anything had been delivered to her. While we were talking she got a call from the delivery driver saying that he may be able to make it by 4:00. There went the surprise because he can't figure out that big balloon with the arrangement means surprise.
I call the store and instead of putting the manager on the phone, they go get the driver who has more excuses than carter has liver pills. He couldn't understand how he ruined the surprise by calling my wife and telling her he is the edible arrangements delivery guy. His exact comment was "she knows that she is getting something from edible arrangements but she doesn't know what it looks like. " I almost dropped the phone!!! As I stated to him, it's not like edible arrangements delivers jewlery or a car. He still couldn't figure it out.
This was the first and only time that I will use their service for anything.

Jim edgell
Beaufort sc

• D
      Sep 25, 2009

I ordered an arrangement today for my boyfriend as a surprise in Venice FL. The store called him to say their truck was broken and the could not deliver it until tomorrow. Well, so much for the surprise. He called me to tell me this, I did not get an email telling me this, but I did get an email telling me they were not accepting my coupon code after the computer accepted it because the code was avaialble on coupon websites. I was not going to do anyhting until I got the email. They were going to deliver it a day late, AND they were going to charge me MORE. I wasted no time shooting off an email on their corporate site. Somehow the Venice, FL store was going to be able to deliver the arrangement today after 5. $12.00 delivery fee and I mapquested it, it is 4.8 miles and 8 minutes away. This is not the end of this. I will be contactiong them again about this. Buyer beware and don't give a phone number out if it is a surprise, because it won't be for long.

• M
      Mar 24, 2010

I don't much like these flower delivery ripoffs... I doubt the fruit is even washed, but why are these people giving out the spouse's/boyfriend's phone number? How dumb do you have to be if you don't consider that they are going to call the number you provide.