Eddie Bauer / terrible customer service and shipping time

1 United States

This has gone beyond anything I have ever experienced, and I would like to start off saying I will NEVER be ordering from Eddie Bauer again. I placed a very small order - just one fleece pullover - on November 22nd. The item was shipped on November 25th and had an estimated delivery date of December 6th. I am aware it is Christmas and that shipping takes longer at times.

However, that is not so much my frustration as much as the fact I have been keeping track of this order since it was shipped - as it is a Christmas gift - and noticed that it said "delivered" very early. Long story short, I contacted FedEx regarding the "delivery" and was told it was actually delivered to USPS via SmartPost. So, I waited a bit longer I continued to check the USPS tracking, and it has never changed from "not received from carrier".

After noticing this was not changing, I decided to contact Eddie Bauer directly since it seems to be lost in the mail. I first contacted them via email on December 7th - yes, only one day after estimated arrival due to the strange nature of shipment. I waited for a response from them for 5 days before deciding to try calling. I called yesterday, December 11th, and waited for 20 minutes with no answer. Today, I gave them one more chance, and out of curiosity, waited on the line for not 20, but 30 minutes! Still no answer... I am beyond appalled at their lack, no, NON-EXISTANT, customer service.

Since, they have not the courtesy of responding to customers, I have disputed the transaction with my bank and will now continue to report them on every available platform. This is not a professionally run business, and I am beyond disappointed. I have purchased many items from this company in the past because I appreciate their quality. Unfortunately, I will have to forego the quality and find a new brand since I know that they do not take care of their customers.

Eddie Bauer