Ecco Shoes / three times with three different ecco shoes!!!

I am not that big of a sucker that I bought more Ecco shoes after my fist one disintegrated, I just had a shoe buying spree one year.

First were my City Walker Cap Toes. I only wore them ~2 times be year. After a couple of years in the box, the sole of the heel started to break off in large chunks. They had a total of MAYBE 48 hours of total ware on them! I sent them in and they were replaced.

Second was a pair of Gore-Tex Track II High. Same thing, heel started to fall apart in chunks. Sent them in and they were replaced.

Third was a pair of Life. These turned to sticky gummy goo. I really though I stepped in someones discarded gum. So I start to scrap the sole of my sole on the cement sidewalk. The gum keeps coming. Black gooey gum. It turn out to be the sole of my shoe. It DISINTEGRATED!!! I never wore them, and now they fell apart. I am sending them in, we'll see what happens...

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! My most expensive shoes that I never wear cannot last longer than my crappy tennis shoes that I wear ALL OF THE TIME!!! WTF

ECCO has to really get their act together.

Cd

Comments

• Ku
      2nd of May, 2009

I found the same happening to me with 3 different brands of shoes: Picolin, Ceruca (Spanish) and a pair of rather expensives spanish snake-leather boots called barrats( I should have know- barratos means cheap. The soles of all just desintegrates suddenly after hardly ever using the shoes.
    My two pairs gave up after using them just once after 2 years in storage while my wifes pair only lasted 1 month. Looks as though some new material is used by several manufacturers to make sure you must buy again soon. It a blck material a bit like rubber but it just crumbles away.

• Ti
      28th of Dec, 2009

Totally agree with you had the same problem with 6 pairs- kind of the same silly idea of Ecco being the best shoes ever made- NOT- bought all this within a few months time. Little or no wear and they fall apart after some time spent in the box. Really crap shoes. Some got replaced with other shoes, and they seem to last longer. I only had problem with those with whitish rubbery soles including slippers, shoes, boots whatever.

• Ec
      8th of Mar, 2015

Ecco shoes are made using a polyurethane rubber. The more the shoes are worn the better. If the shoes are just left to sit there unused the rubber will harden and then start to disintegrate. Think of the tyres on a car. If you park a car and leave it sit there for a few years you would be a fool to drive it as it would be unsafe. Try wearing the shoes you invest in and don't leave them sitting in a box in your wardrobe!

• Vm
      25th of Jun, 2015

Ecco shoes are not worth anything! I had three pairs and one of those I used twice a week and the sole still came apart in chunks. I have a Bally sneakers I have had for over 10 years and are worn only a few times and they are still good as new and I did not have to pay the amount of money that Ecco wants for their shoes. When friends ask me about Ecco I tell them not to buy as the quality is not there.