Easylife Furniture / poor quality furniture

Costa Mesa
We bought furniture from easylife furniture. The dining room table looked very nice until my wife cleaned it.
After she put pledge on it she wiped off most of the finish
Had it for one week. Called store, gave me corporate cust
Service, they told me we used the wrong stuff on it.
So they could not fix we could not return. We have used pledge for many years, never a problem. Did some checking
And found out the fine asian hardwood theytold us was rubber tree wood, soft and useless. Did more checking on the leather we were going to but sofa and love seat, do yourselves a favor and research bi cast leather. Against the law to sell as leather in europe and new zealand. Sales rep told us this was better than top grain cause it has a thin layer of polyurathane on it. Then why is it priced pretty much the same??? Beware!!!
Will never buy there again... T. K.

A  23rd of Aug, 2009 by
At first my husband and I thought that Easy Life Furniture was giving us a great deal on our bedroom set. Then, about a couple weeks after we purchased the set, we saw an ad in the newspaper for the same exact bedroom furniture on sale for $200 cheaper at a competing store. In our contract with Easy Life there was a paragraph stating that they would price match any merchandise we bought - if we found a cheaper price at a competing store within 30 days of our purchase. So, we immediately took the ad with us back to Easy Life and asked for our refund. The store manager insisted upon checking to make sure that it was indeed the same set for the advertised price. In the meantime, we went to the other store to verify the price ourselves, and it was in fact the very same set for $200 less. We waited... and waited... and waited for a call back from Easy Life's manager. Finally we called her - and after a few attempts at tracking her down, she told us to come into the store to receive our money back. The manager ended up trying to swindle us out of $100 by saying that their set wasn't the same combo pack. But when we wouldn't back down she just grabbed my husband's credit card and swiped it - handed us a receipt - and didn't say anything else. (she was obviously angry that she couldn't cheat us out of the $100 - very sneaky) Once we got home from the store we immediately checked our credit card statement online and noticed that we were DEBITED $200 instead of being CREDITED!!! So, my husband called the manager. (After waiting on hold for about 10 - 15 minutes - he finally hung up and called back again) He finally got the manager on the phone and very kindly explained the situation and asked if she could credit us the $400 over the phone. She was extremely rude and said that we would have to come back into the store to get the credit. No apologies, only a curt attitude... and then she had the nerve to tell us to come in later because the store was very busy at the moment!!! In short - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! If they don't want to price match - then they shouldn't put it in their contracts. I would NEVER buy any furniture from Easy Life again for as long as I live! All they have done is treat me rudely - make charges on my credit card that I DID NOT authorize - and force me to spend my time and gas money traveling back and forth to their store just to make sure that I am not cheated by their shady manager. WARNING: DO NOT BUY FURNITURE AT EASY LIFE in NORTHRIDGE, CALIFORNIA!!!

Easy Life Furniture Logo Easy Life Furniture