EasyJet / poor customer service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I attempted to book flights with Easyjet from Malaga to Scotland (via London as was significantly cheaper) last week. When I went to the booking page a security warning appeared, telling me that the website was using a security certificate registered to a different website, and advising me not to proceed, or enter sensitive information. I have never had this problem when booking with Easyjet before, and I have not changed my computer security system (it is Norton) So understandably I was not happy to enter my bank card details! I rechecked that my security system was up to date, restarted my computer, and same thing happened.

So, I phoned Easyjet (at 65p/minute!). First I was told that the website was fine, and I should go ahead and book, and ignore the security warning. She said I could book by phone, but without the internet discount. I said I was certainly not happy to book online and insisted that I should get the same price on the phone, since the problem was with their website, and asked to speak to a manager. The girl went away, came back and told me her manager said she could not give me the discount. I asked AGAIN to speak to a manager (I eventually asked three times, and at no point did the manager speak to me herself). This time the girl came back and said the manager had spoken to the IT department and the problem may be with the new software they'd been putting on, and so they WOULD give me internet discount. THEN she tried to still charge me more, by claiming they couldn't provide 'promotional prices' over the phone!

Eventually, after a 20 - 25 minute phonecall (costing me over £10!), I finally bought the flights at the same price as online.

I have tried e-mailing Easyjet to complain and to request a refund for that extremely expensive phonecall! First of all i got a reply saying they couldn't understand my query (I'm an educated person and my complaint was PERFECTLY clear). Then they apologised and admitted that there was a problem with the website, but when I asked about a refund they said they could not provide this, and when I asked why, they said because the problem was with my security system! I'm so angry. I wish i'd just taken that extra £10 and used it to buy a slightly more expensive flight with a different airline!

Having read the other complaints, I'm also now worried that the 3 1/2 hour connection time that I've allowed in London won't be enough and I'll end up stuck in London and having to buy another flight. If that does happen, then I certainly won't be buying it with Easyjet!

Comments

• So
      20th of Apr, 2010

In the middle of all the volcanic activity, I am unable to fly to the UK to take my Easyjet flight to Barcelona. Instead of waiting for Easyjet to maybe or maybe not cancel the flight (in which case, I would receive a refund) I decided that I would cancel my booking myself, pay the cancellation fee and at least mitigate some of the financial damage. However. I cannot call from the customer service numbers from the United States and Easyjet doesnot provide an international number for US callers. As of today 4/20/2010, they don't even have a contact numbers page on their website. (perhaps they removed it due to all the people calling regarding the volcano.)

I cannot cancel my booking on the website, I can only change the flight, or change my name.

I cannot email Easyjet, as their login page boots me out, telling me that my login is invalid/cancelled, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE LOGGED IN to manage my booking.

So, due to Easyjet's inaccessibility, I cannot cancel my flight. Which means, that I will forfit the entire flight cost, as I only have until 2 hours before the departure to cancel it.

I am a web savvy, constant traveler and I find this kind of lack of customer service verging on criminal. I understand that with all the travel disruption that they are probably overwhelmed, but that does not excuse making themselves inaccessible to their paying customers.

Easyjet. Stop charging people to call you. Make your "Manage your booking" options online useful, and get an international phone number for your international customers.

I am so frustrated

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    airline
    United Kingdom

booked a flight to and from spain on the 1/6/10 via easyjet. On the 22/6/10 received notifiaction that inbound flight was cancelled and was offered a transfer or a full refund on the booking made as per'' A full refund of the cost of your flight and any directly related unflown sector within the same booking (if applicable), back to the original card your flight was paid with, or'' made request for full refund on the 22/6/10. afterall no point being out in Spain and not being able to return. no reply. made another request -no reply. etc etc . in the end rebooked for spain with easyjet on the 25/6/10. on the 26/6/10 received a reply from easyjet that only the inbound flight is refundable not the outbound flight. as it now stands i am leaving for spain twice and coming back once!! had they replied in a 'timely manner' i would not have booked again. have i misread thier policy or has anyone else out there had similar experiences?