East Texas Medical Center / unfair termination
I was employed by East Texas Medical Center's Emergency Medical Service for three weeks. During my probationary ride-outs, my field training officer told me to stay for the full 24-hour shift, even though EMTs were supposed to leave by 8 PM. I was afraid that if I were to leave, he would tell the education department that I was insubordinate, so I stayed. Instead, they fired me, even though I was following orders from my direct superior. I cannot sue them because Texas is a work-at-will state, and I was still a probationary employee. I am ineligible for rehire for six months. I encourage all EMTs and paramedics to stay away from East Texas Medical Center.
More East Texas Medical Center Complaints & Reviews
- ETMC - negligence
- East Texas Medical Center - anautorized deduction from my account 
- ETMC EMS WACO - Negligence refuse to transport.
- ETMC Gilmer, Texas - medical incompetence 
- East Texas Medical Center, Tyler TX - no communication "zero"
- East Texas Medical Center - customer service
- ETMC - appointments
- ETMC - emergency room
- ETMC Tyler Hospital - hospital stay
- ETMC - transportation