DVDdonkey.com / Party of five dvd box set

United States Review updated:
I ordered party of five box set from these rip off merchants. They have taken £90 from my account but have not sent confirmation of my order or replied to the numerous e mails i've sent. I am now trying to recoup the money from my bank and have had to change my account details because of this. Please be aware that this website is not to be trusted, i only wish i had read up on this website before ordering from them.

Comments

Sa
  27th of Sep, 2007
I have ordered from dvddonkey.com and I think they are originally another website that tried to debit my card without sending goods. Be very wary. I have them under investigation as well now.
Ha
  9th of Oct, 2007
I haven't received my DVD. They said they would email me, but they haven't.
Ni
  12th of Oct, 2007
A co-worker just placed an order with DvdDonkey.com. They debited his card immediately for $73. They didn't answer emails or the telephone. They gave him a false tracking number. After 21 days he cancelled his credit card.

Until last week, Complaints Board had a listing of other false websites that have been operated by the same group of people. For some reason, it's been removed, along with several other complaints about DvdDonkey.com.
Ka
  19th of Oct, 2007
This website is a fraud but of course I didn't know that. I ordered a dvd collection and now they have my information. Can someone help me? I don't know what to do. They have my check card account number. Please if someone would contact me to advise me.

Phone# 276-964-2262
Karla Crouse
  19th of Oct, 2007
I wish I would have read this board earlier. They never answered my questions or emails either. I have reported them as well.
La
  20th of Oct, 2007
I placed an order for a dvd collection and have not received any emails or answers to my emails and have not been able to contact them by phone.. could someone tell me how to go about getting my money back $204.92 and getting this website off of the internet. They are totally a joke and this collection would have been a gift for my mother.
Pa
  20th of Oct, 2007
Oh my I was just about to pay out $350 on that site but researched into it as they weren't replying to my emails!
  21st of Oct, 2007
I would report them.
Ei
  22nd of Oct, 2007
I ordered DVD set on September 29, 2007 and they charged my credit card on October 2, 2007. I have written numerous e-mails and called their phone number and they do not answer any of them. I am at a loss of what to do. they have scammed me out of $120.58 which to me and many other people is a lot of money. Any help I can get would be appreciated.
Sh
  22nd of Oct, 2007
My Mother has been charged over $200.00 and she has not been able to make contact via e-mails or telephone. I wish I knew how to go about getting her money back. Should she worry about anymore fraudulent charges to her credit card?
  22nd of Oct, 2007
They have changed their website and you can talk to a live person go look now.
Jt
  23rd of Oct, 2007
I, too had placed an order with DVDDonkey, a company I had not used before but unwisely, chose to believe would be safe. After googling the company name, I was directed to this website and found these complaints listed. Now I am waiting to see whether my order will be cancelled as I requested after speaking to an operator. Unfortunately, they're still in possession of my details, and apart from wondering whether I will be ripped off to the tune of over 200 dollars (a fortune to me) for two tv complication sets, they still have my details. I will be even more careful in future where I chose to shop on-line.
Da
  23rd of Oct, 2007
Be very aware of this company, the charged me $175 + shipping for a mini series and never send me the items, it has been 20 days since I ordered and every time I called their machine answer. When you do online chat the give you this funny tracking number from Canadapost and they tell you that the item was already shipped. Called Canadapost to verify tracking and the information is false. Be ware!
Ba
  23rd of Oct, 2007
I almost bought something, but I got suspicious, they are trying to sell dvds that don't even exist!
Anyway I think they are also going by: http://www.tvaddicts.tv/
Ki
  25th of Oct, 2007
I contacted dvd donkey through their website, and they swore to me that their company was legit. When I asked how it was that they could get "complete series" of dvds that were not released yet they skirted around the question and told me all their dvds are Quality. I think that the company "Ultimate DVD" is also the SAME company. I got the same runaround with them. Something should be done. I'm glad I checked it out FIRST. I saved myself over $250.
Mo
  27th of Oct, 2007
Well my mom has got screwed by them too... they just beat her out of $163 dollars. We have filed a FTC complaint as well. I am going to call her credit card company tomorrow and she if can get her money back... It also was a Christmas present...

Wish I had seen this before we ordered it... hell it looked real... heck the SSL they used to take credit card orders cost $800 from the ones I looked at... they invested some money to ripe people off... talk about have some gonats!

PLEASE BEWARE of these slimballs!

Moe
To
  28th of Oct, 2007
I purchased a dvd mini series about 2 weeks ago disk 3,4,10,and12 freeze in the middle of the show. But what really makes me mad is I only received half of the mini series, I emailed them on 10/19/2007 but I never heard back from them. Now I cant even find them on the computer whats up? Can you help.

Toni Ryan.
Ei
  29th of Oct, 2007
I ordered a set of DVDs from this company on September 29th and they charged my credit card on October 2,2007. I finally was able to get through to them and they said that my DVDs were on back order. Now I see that I cannot get on their website, so I guess they shut down. I am now scammed out of $120.58. Any ideas on how to get my money back?
Pe
  29th of Oct, 2007
I HAVE ORDERED A DVD COLLECTION AND HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY ORDER AS WELL. IT WILL BE THREE WEEKS AS OF THIS WEDNESDAY. WHEN I CALLED THEM, THEY TOLD ME I SHOULD RECEIVE MY ORDER BY LAST WEEK OR BY THE EARLY PART OF THIS WEEK. SO FAR I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING. COULD SOMEONE HELP ME IN GETTING MY MONEY BACK. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS SITUATION.
Je
  30th of Oct, 2007
I paid for a product and tried contacting in regards as to when I can expect the product and have absolutely heard nothing from them after several attempts. Is there anything I can do???

DVDDonkey.com Logo DVDDonkey.com