DVDDonkey / Money taken nothing delivered!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I ordered some dvd's got an order number with a shipping number, they took money from my credit card account but got nothing from them, I could not track the parcel, I contacted Canada post they said there was no such number, I've tried to contact DVDonkey but they won't reply to my e-mails and don't answer their phones.

Like many others I think I've been ripped off, I wish I'd seen these complaints before giving these people my money.

Comments

• Ge
      30th of Oct, 2007
    DVDDonkey - credit card fraud

I ordered a box set of DVDS of the TV series The Untouchables weeks ago. Loss to my account was $178.98, american dollars, including shipping. No arrival yet here in Australia. Cannot contact the firm. Did anyone ever receive DVDS through this scammer?

• Id
      30th of Oct, 2007
    DVDDonkey - Very Poor quality, will not respond to me!
    www.dvddonkey.com

I ordered The TV series of Columbo from dvddonkey. After I received them I noticed that they were poor quality and wondered if I had accidentally ordered from a Pirate company. By the second and third discs I knew I had been had. Some of the shows are incomplete, some freeze part way through and will not continue to play. Some start in the middle of a show. The last disc I tried to watch has all of the people and background totally GREEN. I emailed dvddonkey and got no response. The next time I tried to e mail them I cannot get their web site to come up. The phone number always says it cannot be reached at this time. I have entered the charge into dispute with my credit card company. Please stop this company! They are pirates and thieves and need to be prosecuted.

• Cg
      7th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - credit card fraud

Could not contact by phone. Could not contact by email. Never received notice confirming order process. Got my money which i am contesting with my card account. Either their phone is not working or no one answers or returns my call.

• Pa
      9th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - Not received order invoice as stated!
    www.DVDDONKEY.com

Ordered on November 2nd 2007, after completing order company stated they would contact me via email with invoice of what I ordered. I've gotten nothing from them. Today's date is Nov 9th. When I'm on their web site and try the contact us page there is no way to tell what information they want, it's covering more than half the page.

• Jt
      12th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - Fraudulent DVD company
    www.dvddonkey.com.au

I think this bogus company also goes under the name of todvdornottodvd.com. Found it whilst searching the internet and the set seems to be the same as a couple of other sites including dvddonkey.com.

13th of Nov, 2007
    United Kingdom

i ordered a box set for my mum, they took my money recieved no goods! i ordered a box set of sea quest dsv, i found them and spoke to a lady on the chatline and i went back to find her again and i cat find them again???

• Te
      14th of Nov, 2007
    www.dvddonkey.com

Order DVD of Wagon Train from DVDdonkey, but never received DVD's but my credit card was charged for them. Please is anyone else is thinking about ordering from DVDdonkey, DON'T DO IT. THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

• El
      15th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - DVD
    www.DVDDonkey.com

On 10-13-07 I ordered the Dynasty complete DVD series for $148.99 with shipping $28.79 for a total price of $177.78. I was to receive the product within 14 days. I called the company last week and was told that I could track my purchase through www.canadapost.ca. This site does not exhist. I was also told that the product had been shipped on 11-1-07. As of today I have not received the product. I have contacted the company at least 4 times and have not had any success. They did charge my credit card.

• Do
      21st of Nov, 2007
    Phone: 800-572-6330
    www.dvddonkey.com

Ordered DVD set of Carol Burnett and Friends. Charged $107. Merchandise never received. Company does not answer e mail or phone calls.

• Ga
      26th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - No response from company
    DVDDonkey

I am in Australia and ordered Malcolm In The Middle complete from DVD DOnkey as it is not available in Aus. There is obviously a good reson why - I don't think it's available anywhere and I have just been scammed for over $100. Visa tell me I can lodge a dispute once DVD DOnkey have actually accepted the payment but it seems to me that as I was quick in trying to halt the process they should be able to stop payment going through. Anyway - if I do happen to receive these goods (judging from the complaints here I really doubt that!) I will post it.

• Br
      28th of Nov, 2007
    DVDDonkey - No customer support!
    Texas
    www.dvddonkey.com

It took over 4 weeks to receive my DVDs. I ordered two separate DVDs. One set was OK, recorded off of TV Land, the other was so bad It was hard to watch. They don't answer email and never phone support. I did finally get a live person who said she would send out a new tested DVD and send a return tag for the bad set. Its been over a month now and still no DVDs. If this company is this bad, I hope my credit card is safe. With this many complaints there should be someone to investigate this company and shut them down.

• Ew
    DVDDonkey - Internet Fraud
    Washington

I've been a victim of their fraud, as well. You can never contact these people whether it's via email or phone. I got one shipment from them and they have been taped off the tv instead of new or "high quality" as they claim. I went back to read their fine print, and they state they are independently owned. Yeah! Their return address was from some apartment!
    BUYERS BEWARE!!!
    INTERNET SCAM!!!

• Re
      29th of Nov, 2007

I keep getting the run around from dvddonkey and they have 150.12 of mine and no dvds yet. Isnt there something that can be done to prosecute them. did find out through my bank that they operate there banking out of Israel,which I got charged 1.20 border charge for on my bank statement. I have never been through this before and I am really upset.

29th of Nov, 2007

The same thing happened to me with the Get Smart DVD set. They charged my account, sent no email receipt and never returned my email inquiry.

• Ke
    Victoria
    Australia
    Phone: (03) 93351817
    www.dvddonkey.com

Ordered a dvd box set from DVDDONKEY on 16th nov. to date nothing has arrived, the only contact with them seems to be online chat but don't tend to respond when challenged, they don't connect by phone or email, they gave me a tracking no. for canada post which doesn't appear in the post system, returned to online chat was told by these lowlifes that the post office system was down again (crap),they were quick enough to take my money though, have found numerous reports on the web of rip offs by these con artists, do not deal with these bozoes, wish i looked up reports first, DVDDONKEY made an ### of me.

6th of Dec, 2007
    www.dvddonkey.com

If you look on the Better Business Bureau website and type in dvd donkey there is a phone number and two addresses, i dont know if they are any good but you can log a complaint with the BBB too, there site reads that there are no complaints against this company yet.

14th of Dec, 2007

I recently ordered from DVDDonkey and have been scammed. They posted a charge twice to my credit card (under 2 different company names). When I tried to call the number on their website, it was not legitimate. I have not received a confirmation, nor have I received the DVDs. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one and have to file a complaint when I receive my bill showing the charges.

Be careful and check out the company before ordering.

16th of Dec, 2007

I purchased the whole collections of Mr. Ed and Car 54 Where Are You?, the classic series, and received pirated copies. I have reported this to my credit card company and eventually I will get my money refunded. However, this company needs to be stopped! It was funny, as I received my dvd's in a manilla envelope from Manitoba, Canada. Then it says on the card inside, "Do not send media back to this address." Hmmm. Strange, huh? They also did not put their name on the front, DVDAvenue.tv or DVDDonkey.com. Since CBS were the one's to put these series, which I bought, on tv in the 1960's, I am contacting them tomorrow to see what can be done. If I have to, I will send these pirated copies to them. Don't know if they can do anything. This is a Federal Offense, so I will do my best. I will let all of you know when I get a hold of CBS.

• Wi
      17th of Dec, 2007

Will not acknowle3dge order or delivery

17th of Dec, 2007
    DVDDonkey - No response after purchase, cannot reach them by phone!
    LaFollette
    Tennessee
    www.dvddonkey.com

Ordered on: Dec. 9, 07- 1X Centennial DVD Series with no confirmation for the order as said to receive within 24-48 hours.
    No expected Delivery Date, No Nothing!! Tried calling the toll free number, with no where to go after they answered, but cut off.

Rip Off & Scam!