DVD Donkey / Big scam!

1 Australia Review updated:

DVD DONKEY is a big scam... Unfortunately I did not see this web site before I ordered a very hard to acquire dvd set for my father for Christmas... As it turns out, I am having the same experiences as everyone else... The money has been taken out of my account... But, not dvd's have arrived in the mail (now 10 weeks since I ordered!) And no reply to any emails sent!!! I am really upset, if only because my father would have absolutely loved the dvd's for Christmas!

I hope no one else has this horrible experience!

Comments

Ch
  3rd of Nov, 2007
DVD Donkey - Poor DVD quality!

I ordered the complete season of Emergency... this company guarantees quality DVD's however the DVD set I received sucks!!! The shows were recorded off of TV Land. There are even some commercials still in the shows. On the website it states there are no commercials and DVD's are of best quality. I tried calling them numerous times but they never seem to be in. I am VERY dissatisfied with the quality of their DVD's. I have half a notion to contact an attorney. I will be attempting to get my money back!

Ro
  6th of Nov, 2007

We have had the same problems with these people when we ordered the complete dinosaurs dvd collection.

It was complete with ads and a totally different show as well. We have tried contacting them over and over and they never reply.

Le
  7th of Nov, 2007

This website looks oh so familiar like the 'tvboxset.com' and very similar tv dvd websites. Same products,same web layout ,same 'contact us', faq's, and delivery promises etc,etc.
BUYER BEWARE.

I placed an order with tvboxset and got truly shafted. Twin Peaks came with Spanish menu icons/text and dialog. The disc's were cheap, with very poor labeling and were faulty. The boxset was marked as 5 discs but contained 8 discs.

The dispatch sender label is a false/no existent address- unless you call a post code located along a motorway going into Toronto, an address.

Brimstone/Dark Skies and Party of Five have never or likely to arrive.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE...

Jo
  7th of Nov, 2007

I was planning on ordering some dvd seasons from them because it was hard to find them anywhere else. I didnt order from it because the billing page of the site did not have the lock in the tool bar nor did it start out with https (which, if you look under their faq and click on WWW.SSL.COM., and look around a little the SSL site says those two actions must take place in order for the site to secure.) dont buy from them!they may advertise that they are protecting their info but it is a hoax!!!

Ry
  10th of Nov, 2007
DVD Donkey - Took my money got no product!
dvddonkey.com

Ordered a box set of DVD's. They charged my credit card MORE than the total and have received no product. There is no way to contact them, the phone number they gave my credit card is fake and their website doesn't take complaints or comments. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Am
  10th of Nov, 2007
DVD Donkey - Order not received!
dvddonkey.com

I ordered Ed The Complete Television Series On DVD for my finance as a Christmas gift over 6 weeks ago and still have not received my purchase. My checkings account has been charged $117.72 but I still have no product. I have tried e-mailing the company multiple times. It states on their website that they will reply within 34-48 hours and after several attempts I have not gotten a single response.

I also tried talking to someone through their live chat feature but I can never get connected.

Ke
  10th of Nov, 2007

My sister order the Everwood DVD Collection about 4 weeks ago - the company took out more than the sale amount out of her credit card and no product has been delivered. No address or phone number to contact. THIS IS DEFINITELY A SCAM SITE. STAY AWAY FROM DONKEY.COM.

Ka
  13th of Nov, 2007

I paid for the complete set of Thirty-Something and waited ages for delivery despite my card being charged instantly. I am only on the first of the boxes and have already found that the last episode on disc 3 doesn't play at all and disc 4 is actually not disc 4 but disc 1 all over again. These recordings are worse than the cheapest bootlegs and to add to my woes I'm now paranoid about having given them my card details. A complete rip-off, avoid this mob at all costs.

De
  13th of Nov, 2007

I also placed an order. When I looked at my bank statement and discovered they over charged me I canceled my order. I was assured my account would be credited. It hasn't and I can't reach them. Getting burned doesn't feel good. Never order from them.

De
  13th of Nov, 2007

I also placed an order. I canceled after i discovered they over charged my account. I was assured my account would be credited. It hasn't. I can't contact them. I got burned. Don't order from them!!!

Ke
  14th of Nov, 2007

Hi, I have never placed an order with the company... but I was able to get the live chat to load. This is the phone number I was given, its customer service, so they say. 1-877-788-7469, don't know if it works or not, just trying to help. Good luck.

Mi
  15th of Nov, 2007

There is another site - dvdavenue.com - looks very similar. I would be very wary of using this one also. I asked them a question a couple of weeks ago - no answer.

Da
  15th of Nov, 2007

Dvddonkey told me by a worker that they would send (Karen) me an invoice for the entire 4 seasons of Airwolf. They have lied to, cut me off during a conversation, and delivered no invoice to pay for Airwolf. They told me that Karen got confused and there would be no in voice of any kind sent to me. They made a promise to me that was never delivered, and now they won't even talk to me. Something needs to be done to put them out of business. Would SOMEBODY PLEASE DO THAT??

Bu
  16th of Nov, 2007

I ordered a set of DVDs a month ago and GOT nothing. I chatted with someone on their page and they said would get back by email in 24. Two days now and nothing. The sight should be shut do. I'm out $110.58. SEEMS LIKE A BIG SCAM.

Da
  16th of Nov, 2007

DvdDonkey has been VERY RUDE to me, told me to go to work (I am a student), refuse payment from me, I tried to call them , every time I got a voicemail, EVERY TIME! They won't even chat with me. This is a bad company, WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT THEM DOWN???

Ja
  16th of Nov, 2007

I ordered the Duckman TV Series On DVD over 6 weeks ago and still have not received my purchase. My credit card account has been charged $111 but I still have no product.

I have tried e-mailing the company multiple times but have not received a single response.

How do I get my money back from these criminals?

Ma
  19th of Nov, 2007
DVD Donkey - Never received DVD's!

They got FULL payment for my DVD's Ive never received them Ive called left messages and TRIED to contact them through their site and YOU cant even contact them they are blocking email questions TOTAL RIPOFF DO NOT USE THEM!!! DO NOT USE THEM!

Ch
  19th of Nov, 2007

Wish I had checked this site before ordering from DVD Donkey. Never received order that I paid for!!

Lu
  19th of Nov, 2007

These guys are *ssholes and need a class action suit pressed against them!

Sa
  20th of Nov, 2007

I have been charged for the DVD, wanted to cancel a couple of minutes later and have still been charged. Whats more. I accepted to being charged $150.00 AUS and got charged $170.00. not happy.