DVD Donkey Complaints & Reviews

DVD Donkey — Judging Amy Box Set

I ordered the Judging Amy Box Set for Xmas, and was so disapointed that it was fraudulent to have paid for...

DVD DonkeyPirated DVDs, charged for full order and never received the rest of DVD's ordered!

I ordered 2 DVD sets from DVD Donkey on Dec 5, 2007. After about 2 months I finally did receive one set which was Carol Burnett show. These were copied from TV Land marithon weekend and sold as the real deal. Very poor quality and they show that it is copied from the TV Land network. I also had ordered the Laverne & Shirley DVD set in which I was charged 88.99 plus 28.79 shipping. I never received this set and never received a credit. Now DVD Donkey will not answer emails and their phone is not working.

Resolved DVD DonkeyScam!

My family ordered a DVD box set from DVD Donkey. The money was taken from our account the next day... The box set was NEVER received. The website doesn't give any direct company information (address). Before I made the purchase I searched for any negative reports on DVD Donkey and found none. Clearly by the previous person's report of TV Milk - the company name changes for a reason! On my printed receipt it gave a toll-free number... which is DISCONNECTED. The charge had a phone number on my bank statement 888.788.6455; which is for TV Milk. After going round and round... the mail box is full and I couldn't leave a message!

In looking for DVD Donkey or TV Milk information I found another person that was refered to TV MILK by the website of television network ABC. After reading reports here of people dealing with the run-around for as long as 9 months, I immediately called my credit union, and they are taking care of it from their end... looks like someone is snookering major companies into a ripoff scheme called 'DVDDonkey', 'TVMilk', etc. I just feel sorry for the people who find out the hard way under their next name. There is something to be said for brick-and-morter stores.

• St
    Stanley Norgard Jr. Dec 23, 2007

Ordered the 90210 complete set for $150.00 for Christmas for my girlfriend and haven't received the items. The only contact is a message board that hasn't been responded to. Wish I would of come across this website with all the complaints about this donkey company before the purchase! Buyers Beware!!!

DVD DonkeyThey got my $, I got no product!

I ordered That 70's Show complete series on 12/5/07 for a Christmas gift. Not knowing this was coming from Canada and they were tv copies. I have called and on occation been able to talk to someone who keeps reassuring me to wait while they investigate the where abouts of the DVD's. I have had the most luck reaching someone on live chat. But they will not refund my money and keep telling me that my product is tied up in customs.

The tracking # I got is bogus, Canada post has no record of it.

• Ca
    Carol Boehm Feb 26, 2008

I ordered a set of dvd's over 3 months ago, have tried to contact dvd donkey on several occasions and have received neither dvds or even an answer to messages left. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE A COMPLETE FRAUD AND SHOULD BE DEALT WITH BY AUTHORITIES. It makes me so angry that anyone can advertise and make huge claims, but not be made to adhere to them. Amazing how the money can be taken out so efficiently, but no other action can go according to plan. STAY AWAY FROM THEM OR YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF TOO! The DVD's were ordered for my mum who was going in to hospital and needed cheering up - she has since recovered, but I would have loved to give her this one simple gift that I knew she would have really enjoyed.

• Sh
    shelby Mar 26, 2009

I placed an order today for the complete DVD set of Call to Glory using my credit card. After my order was processed and I received an order number I called the 800 number to check on shipping method. The number does not belong to this company. I tried the email contact and all my attempts bounced back. I then tried the Live Chat function and it also just bounces back. I then looked up the company on Google only to find it is a Sham and a Rip Off company.

I then called my credit card company and asked for guidance. I was told I have to wait for possible delivery and to monitor my card use. After 30 days I can then file Fraud which I intend to do.

BEWARE THIS BUNCH OF CROOKS!

DVD DonkeyScam and fraud!

Where do I start. I should have suspected something when I saw the character of Donkey from Shrek. That is a copyrighted character. Oh well. I ordered "Perfect Strangers", probably my favorite TV show. When I got the package (which arrived in a timely manner), I started watching the DVD's. Three of the episodes I watched froze in the middle of the episode. One of the DVD's, clearly marked "Perfect Strangers" contained episodes of "JAG". Another DVD was totally blank. Another episode was slightly out of sync.

To add insult to injury, I found that their "promise" to respond to e-mails within 24-48 hours was totally bogus. After I threatened to start legal proceedings, they responded. Gee, go figure. They told me that they would refund my money (which they did within 2 days) and send me a return envelope in which to return the videos. They also informed me that they would take the postage out of the refund money. I didn't much care, because I just wanted to get rid of the worthless DVDs.

So now it is two weeks later. I STILL don't have a return envelope. And as I have lost the invoice, I have NO idea of the return address ( except that it is in Canada). My google search of the company name led me to this site.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

DVD Donkey — Bad quality and incomplete DVDs!

I live overseas, and ordered the entire 6 seasons of "Judging Amy". I received the DVDs, and have found that...

DVD Donkey — Big scam!

DVD DONKEY is a big scam... Unfortunately I did not see this web site before I ordered a very hard to acquire...

DVD Donkey — Paid items never shipped/arrived!

I placed an order through DVD Donkey on October 13, 07. They state that items will be shipped within 2-4...

DVD DonkeyCharged me $95.32, sent nothing!

DVD Donkey is a scam. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

On 9/16/07 I purchased Karloff's Thriller series for $68.99. DVD Donkey added $19.19 for shipping and then added a surprise fee of $7.14 as a "system charge for processing fee of card," total charge 95.32. They did respond when I asked them about the charges, but then as the weeks dragged on and I sent emails asking when I would receive shipment, they ignored me.

Today is 11/6/07 and I have received no replies to my messages and have received no merchandise. I am disputing the charge via my credit card company.

• Ju
    Judith Bumgarner Nov 14, 2007

Ordered on 10/01/07. Never received merchandise. All attempts to rectify the matter was met with a run around. I was given a shipping tracking number fro canadapost.ca to track ship and it was invalid. I went several times to their "chatroom" and talked with a Karen, Jen and Maria. Said it was shipped 30 Oct and tho their website said it would take 12 -14 days they changed it to 12-14 days from "shipping date" not order date. Also customer service phone numbers were futile. Just saying "no one was available". I'm out $127 and want a refund or at least get these people off the websit.

• Ra
    Raul Hernandez Nov 16, 2007

I ordered the latest DVD of Los Panchos entitled "LOS ANOS DORADOS DEL TRIO LOS PANCHOS". Firstly, the contents are compilations from ancient movies in which Los Panchos appeared. The video is terrible, and the audio is also out of sync and out of tune. I would consider this the worst purchase which I have ever made.

Raul!

• Ta
    Tammy L Dec 08, 2007

I placed an order for the dvd box set of 5 seasons of Ed back on 11/11/07 and have yet to receive the product. I've tried calling the customer service number and emailing for status and have gotten nowhere. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They also charged me more than what I thought I was paying. My receipt was for $88.18 and they charged my credit card $95.32. I just finished filing a dispute with my credit card company.

• Be
    Betty Burns Jan 26, 2008

I guess, I too, have been scammed. I purchased a TV series (relunctantly) and my bank account was immediately charded 110.98. I received an email about a week later saying the item is backordered. I sent 3 emails asking how long it would be backordered to which I have received no reply. I cannot seem to get anyone at the number provided. I am writing the BBB and disputing with my bank (debit/credit card), but I'm sure I will not be refunded as I used my debit card. I DO NOT LIKE the fact that such a frudulent and irreputable company has such private information on me regarding my bank account. Please do not just voice a complaint here... voice your complaint with the BBB, too.