The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Duke Energy / senior citizen power cut-off and broken promises on when it would be back on.

1 United States

Sun Dec 9 0330 We lost power. Called and reported power outage approximately 0339. Called and updated large tree had power line across the road. Also mentioned we live on a dead end road and mother was 80 and couldn't get out for an emergency. I was told our priority would be upgraded. Later when tree removal crew was in our vicinity Earl spoke with them. They said they had not been notified of a downed power line across the road, by a fallen tree.
Mon Dec 10 1630 Power back on
Mon Dec 10 Aprox 30 mins later Duke Energy came by inspected damage saw main feed conduit broken and disconnected he power was in the middle of cooking and needed to shower. I asked one of the workers what was required to get it back on. He said we needed to have the conduit replaced. I asked once it was what we were to do, who to call? He said I could call Duke Energy.
Tues Dec 11 spent this day looking for an Electrician. Mom called several church members.
Wed Dec 12 I removed the conduit, went to Lowes and replaced the conduit and called Duke Energy. They said it req'd an inspection. They gave us the number to Permits section. Contacted Permits and they said we would need to get an Electrical Permit. We went down to that office. We filed for the permit and since I did the work was reg'd to go to Register of Deeds section and complete another form that said she could not rent or sell for 2 years, paid $10 for that form and then $5 to get it Notarized (1444 hours). Went back to Permits section and completed and paid for the Permit $30 (1453 hours) Permit# 18-12903. We were told to place the permit on the Meter box where the repair was completed. When we asked about how we would be notified we were told once the Inspector completed the inspection, he would file the results by 0830 on Thu Dec 13.
Thu Dec 13 my mother called Duke Energy numerous times throughout the day to check to see if the inspection passed. Finally late in the day she was told that Inspection had passed. We were told the workorder was [protected].
Fri Dec 14 started calling Duke Energy to see when power would be restored, inspection results had not been updated in the computer. Waited and called all day. She was told power would be restored today.
Sat Dec 15 0900 No Power still. SCalled the main #, closed. Called the Power Outage # and spoke with Shawn at Aprox. 1000 AM. Shawn said we had reached the Emergency outage we told him our situation. He said he would try to get someone scheduled to come out.
Sun Dec 16 No power yet didn't want to waste our time.
Mon Dec 17 Morning we rec'd several calls about someone coming out. Finally sometime around 1200-100 got power.
We called claims and at [protected] to claim all her food that spoiled in refrigerator. Claim# [protected]. Took pics. Told we would receive a call from someone from claims. 2 Weeks later and no call.

Jan 1, 2019

Post your comment