Dubai First / credit shield insurance on credit card

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dear Dubai First,

My name is Gibran Ali Hussain and my contact no. is [protected]
I have recently activated my Dubai First Card No. [protected].

I was charged Dhs 338 plus Dhs 17 VAT for Credit Shield Insurance. On speaking to the customer care representative Chiz, I was informed that I should have looked at the application form as this was mentioned there.

I feel that this is cheating on Dubai First part who make consumer sign their application form and do not even give a copy to the customer.

How can you expect the customer to remember and cancel the request for credit shield when we just sign and do not even get a copy of the form or agreement. Also, this is not conveyed by your salesmen. I am very unhappy by this unprofessional attitude. I went through a similar experience with another bank and they refunded me easily, for the current month.

I want to request a refund for this as I am not happy with this.

Gi
May 22, 2018

Comments

• Aj
      Sep 16, 2018

Hi,
    I had availed an easy cash loan on 14th February 2017 (AED 35000/- for three years - EMI of AED 1143.72/-)
    To my surprise, when I got the first statement of accounts from Dubai First, there was an additional charges of AED 325.27/-
    I approached the customer care of Dubai First and was told that it is an insurance (First Secure) and it will be active only when there is a transaction on my card.
    (They hide the same while communicating with me regarding the above-said loan EMI)
    I had requested to cancel the same and refund the amount since I neither request any service nor any service provided by Dubai first for the said amount.
    I got a reply that the amount has to be paid before the pay by date; their management will decide in this regard and later the amount may be credited back to me.
    I paid the same, hoping a prompt and just action from the company.

But I was startled when I got the second statement with a First Secure Charges of AED 316.41/-
    At this instance, I talked to their customer service and asked for the complaint manager's e-mail address and very clearly declined by the executive.

I continued to pay the EMI very promptly till date. But too dissatisfied with the transaction.
    Highly appreciable if you can return the amount that was collected without any justification.

Ajith GK