Dri*digitalriver.com / Refunded money

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Found a charge for 29. 99 from dri*digitalriver.com - hadn't ordered anything so was alarmed. Once charge went through the name of the company appeared as dri*ca.com [protected]. I called the number, went through the usual menu beeps, then quickly got a real human - with indian accen - who looked up my name, and claimed i authorized this charge as a recurring annual bill for an anti - spyware product i supposedly ordered in 2007. Since i don't recall ca antispyware - the name implies computer associates, a legit comany, i'll have to give the benefit of doubt. I asked how do i stop this charge as i use no program with any such name nor can find it on my program list - the woman replied sorry sir, we'll stop the charges and refund your money in 5 or 6 business days. Today is the 3rd day and the refund is in my account. I could have gotten the program for a company owner laptop i used in 2007 but specifically recall that. So the good news is that you can get a human, and get pretty fast resolution if you're reasonably polite!

Hth,
Alex

Al

Comments

3rd of May, 2009
    Dri*DigitalRiver.com - unaythorized charge
    Arkansas

This company DRI*Digitalriver is running a charge for 29.99 on one of my credit cards and I do not have a clue who they are or what they sell. I have not gie them any authorization to debit my credit card or anything else. I think before any company runs any kind of debit on your account they should contact the account owners efore doing any such transaction. How did they get my credit card number any way.

• La
      9th of Jun, 2009

These yahoos have taken money out of my account for something that I don't know what for. I've never even heard of the name DRI*DIGITALRIVER. I tried the phone number of 877-694-8509 and got some India woman who tried to run me through the gauntlet to get my bank card number...not a secured line or site... I'm not giving them my number. Obviously it has been used fraudulently to begin with. I received no satisfaction what so ever and will have to contact my bank tomorrow to have the charges removed...a very long process.

• Im
      14th of Feb, 2010

I agree 100% John I got nailed by them this morning. I have contacted my bank to stop payment to them because it was a unauthorized transaction.