DR Horton Home Builders / Stay away!

DR Horton Home Builders
DR HORTON has been an absolute nightmare for my family. Imagine this, we moved into our so called new home in July 2004. We thought it was a great price for the size but we did not know any better. On our 30 day warranty, our hardwood floors started to rise off of the floor do to moisture. We were told that there was no moisture. Well one month later black mould appeared in the same area. They came out to so call fix it ripped up my floors in that one area and claimed that the problem was fixed. Of course 2 months later we noticed that not only in the same area was problems that all over the house the floors were rough and moisture was getting in. they came back out again ripped up my floors all over the house and patched them back up. Think I am finished, yeah right. We happened to go to our third floor that we do not frequent often, and guess what. Leaky roof and water and caved in the ceiling. One of the outside pipes was never insulated to water was accumulating in the ceiling and we did not know until it caved in. Yes they had to rip my ceiling out and make another mess. Oops back to the floors. Of course about 4 months later floors peeling and of course I am crazy. Opps forgot to tell you that I had hot water coming out of my toilet and outside faucets due to faulty plumbing. The list goes on and on. They suck. In addition to going through all of this mess with DR HORTON, we have a daughter with cancer.

N  16th of Apr, 2010 by
I hope your issue got resolved and your daughter went into remission.
A  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
DR Horton is the builder/declarant in our community and they took money out of our reserve account when it clearly stated that money CANNOT be used by declarant nor assoc. while in declarant stage. In my opinion this is stealing money from the very people that were your loyal customers!!

Be wary when purchasing from certain home builders.
N  18th of Apr, 2011 by
Are there any complaints with any homes built in homestead, Florida by DR Horton.

D.R. Horton Logo D.R. Horton