Dometic / Terrible products

I have a $30, 000.00 camper. I should have been informed that the fridge was defected. They put a cover around the defected part so a fire would be contained . Why not fix the problem with the boiler tube . I am not happy with Dometic. They do not stand behind their products. I will not buy anything with the name Dometic. They need to stop making products that are defected. I can not afford $ 1200.00 for a new fridge. My trailer is only 3 years old.

Da

Comments

• Ho
      12th of Oct, 2011

I have the same issue they have a product that they tell you will fail but will not stand behind that product. I have a $65, 00.00 unit with a crap refrigerator that they say is too bad because they wont warranty it after 3 years on a product they built even when they knew it was junk.. I will never buy another unit with any dometic product on it and will make sure no one I know does. So dealers need to be aware that they will be changing a lot of Items to sell their products. I have a retail business and we sell more than $2, 00, 000 worth of products per quarter to thousands of customers I can make sure all of my customers know what kind of company does what dometic is doing.

Karl A Foster

• Ca
      1st of Jun, 2013

We have a top of the line side by side Dometic refrigerator in our $200, 000 motorhome. This unit has ALWAYS been a problem!! First it wouldn't make ice. Once that was fixed it only ran for 2-3 days then quit. It was found that the refrigerator defrost heater stops working and doesn't allow the unit to defrost. After having that part replaced it worked fine FOR 3 OUTINGS. Back to the repair shop! Once again, the same part had to be replaced.
    The error message on the display reads "Err 12 CALL". Okay, just TRY to call Dometic. Hahahaha!!! When you call the recorded message tells you all about the models that are being recalled and then hangs up.
    So now it has been used for a total of 15 days when it stopped again. We finished the last 2 weeks of a 3 week vacation without a refrigerator. We called the repair shop to order the heater unit a week before we got home. We've been home for 9 days now and we are still waiting for the part. This has caused us to miss out on a 5 day water skiing trip with friends and family.
    With the inconvenience of not having a refrigerator work properly, and the hundreds of dollars worth of food we have thrown away over the past 4 years we will NEVER buy anything from Dometic again. Their customer service is NON-EXISTENT, troubleshooting in the manual is of no help and the product is sub-standard. You would think that after making RV refrigerators for decades they could get it right.
    OH and be assured that I am not just whining. I am licensed in heating, ventilation and air conditioning. I know quality products and this thing is just a piece of junk. Shame on Dometic for their products and service!!!

• Kl
      28th of Mar, 2014

We own a 2007 travel trailer. it has a dometic fridge in it. We never received the recall notice the second they added more fridges to the recall list. I called Dometic and all they said it that they used to replace the fridge and when to many people needed them replaced they decided to make a repair kit. Well in our situation the kit is to late. they said they woud not be able to do anything for us and we would need to buy a new fridge. I am not happy with Dometic appliances at all.

28th of Sep, 2015

I also have a top of the line 5th wheel with a Dometic refrigerator that may as well be a shoe closet since the temperature never goes below 44degrees once you put food in it. As the day goes on it just climbs higher. Maxes out at 60. I am not comfortable putting food in there for more than a few hours. They sent new seals for the doors now I can open the door with my little finger. This product is the worst on the market. I have a video i am sending to them

• Ho
      23rd of Jun, 2017

The Dometic refrigerator in my $50000 RV failed one month beyond the supposed 3 year warranty and Dometic will NOT stand behind the product! A new replacement (with labor to install it) will be $2000, and to fix it would set us back $1600. One of the reasons you get an RV is to have the convenience of a refrigerator, and one of the reasons you spend $50K on a new RV is to make sure you aren't buying someone else's problems. With Dometic products installed, you pay for a new RV, but you buy problem products from a company that won't stand behind the poor quality junk that they produce. What a joke, what a shame, I only wish there was more that could be done to warn people who are being duped into buying a new RV with a Dometic product in it. Now it's time to go drop $2K of my retirement income on replacing something that should have lasted for 10-15 years longer than it did.

• Ra
      29th of Jun, 2017

I too bought a Dometic 1350 refrigerator total cost to install and modify the opening to house the unit was $5, 300. Approximately $2, 800 for the refrigerator. 30 days after the install I was back because the refrigerator kept gettin warm - sometimes 50 degrees. They adjusted the door latches (sorry quality), Next they replaced the door latches. Next they replace a piece under the door. Next they ran it in the shop, and it stayed at 34 degrees. We went out - temperature as soon as the unit was loaded went up to the high 40's. We took it back, they installed a baffle - loaded it up and went out - temperature went up to the hight 40's. Brought it back to the shop, empty temperature stayed in 30's. Dear made another "fix adjustment" - took it out and temperataure in 40;'s. Brought it back in and dealer ran it for over a week. Temperature stayed in 30's. We took it out on a trip - temperature in the 40's. The next time we went out - we kept a log for about 15 days - everytime we passed the refrigerator - temperature ranged from 34 to 49. Called dometic - they wanted ohm readings, temperature readings - now say I need to pay $250 to install two more fans in rear (already has 4 fans - refrigerator still in sop - now two years old, and never once have we made a trip where the refrigerator worked as it should. Not much hope of resolving the problem . Anybody for a class action lawsuit against dometic????? This last time the temperature at the dealer stayed at 34-36 degrees EMPTY - so I put 9 gallons of water in refrigerator and freezer - temperature is now running about 8 degrees warmer - and refrigerator and freezer are only half filled. Very discouraging - and I am running out of patience -

• Sh
      19th of Mar, 2018

www.Vitrifrigoamerica.com

• Jb
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Dometic - CFX65DZ
    Earnhardt,IN
    dometic.com

Not impressed with product or Customer Service, long holds, slow or no returned calls, been waiting for three days for a RMA and call ticket to send back my one week old unit with back thermostat