Dollar Rent A Car / impounding fee charged on my credit card due to their negligence

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I would like contest the charges that I incurred from Dollar rent a car, brought about by the towing of my rental vehicle.
Nov. 17, 2017 on my way to Atlanta Airport, I made a phone call to a dollar representative asking for assistance how I shoud go about the return of my rental since I was running late for my flight back to the Philippines. The person on the other line suggested that for a fee of $60 or so, I can just have the car picked up by a tow truck at the parking area of the Atlanta airport. I told him, it will depend on how late I will get to the airport, that"s only the time I will confirm on the towing for $60 charges. I even asked about why I should pay for the towing since I paid already for the premium recovery roadside assistance.

Anyhow, I called again when I got to the airport and confirmed that I would just have the car towed, for me $60 is better than missing my flight and paying for another airline ticket which is about $600. The guy from the towing company even called me up and I told him where the car was located. The rental company just advised me that it will be taken cared of. I was not told about being charged so much! If that were the case I would have just missed my flight, bought a new ticket and extended my stay for a couple of days more and enjoyed the sights of Atlanta.

This is very frustrating, I feel I have been robbed and was tricked on the deal. I hope your team can look into this matter. I paid for the premium package to have a cost free headache free rental experience and I am looking forward for a favorable settlement of this issue.

It was so disappointing to get this response from Dollar. How can they charge me for impounding when I directly coordinated with their representative about my concern at that time and I seek for their help. It was them who called the towing service. I am surprised to find out that the towing guys brought the car to the impounding place when it was dollar who contcted them. I have not abandoned the car, I informed them I wanted their help and options available so the car will be returned to them. They were the ones who adviced that they will send a tow truck, how can that ne abandoned?

Reply of Dollar Rent A Car;

Dear Mr Rivera,

Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns.

I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding on your rental for 10/27. However the location has advised us that the vehicle was considered abandoned and was not recovered until 12/15/2017. Due to this we are not able to removed the charges on your rental for the impound fee.

I appreciate this opportunity to provide assistance. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to being able to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,

Randi S.
Customer Service Administrator

Dollar Customer Services

Hope you guys can help me out with this unacceptable customer handling bu Dollar Rent A Car.

Sincerely,