DMCI Homes / Will not issue condo title certificate

DMCI Homes
I purchased new condominium in Boracay (Alta Vista De Boracay) from DMCI about two years ago at which time I paid for the unit CASH IN FULL one year in advance of completion and occupancy. At the time of sale, they made false representations to me about what I was buying. Second, they will not provide a steady water supply to the condo units. Third, they refuse to answer any of my calls, texts or letters asking them to rectify these problems and refuse to respond to my request for an explanation and rectification for the false promises made. Fourth, they and their employees and agents (Alta Vista Condominium Corporation and BRYCL Resorts International) will not give me any information about the condo association for which I am a member with my dues fully paid in advance. Finally, they REFUSE TO ISSUE ME CERTIFICATE OF TITLE TO MY CONDO.

A  14th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
3 years ago, I decided to have my own condo with parking space at Rosewood Pointe. I've met 2 brokers of DMCI. The second broker was really nice but for her to close the deal and get her commission she convinced me to name the unit into my mom and then she will transfer it into my name. I was pretty confident with her because she was really a sweet talker.

After 2 years, there were no transfer made. So, I decided to sell the unit and the parking. I had 2 buyers, one for the unit and one for the parking space. I sold the unit smoothly but when I tried to sell the parking I've found out that they did not issue any title certificate for my parking. They admitted that its their fault.

I went to DMCI last July 2009 to make a complain and they suggested to reimburse the money. I agreed with them but until now there were no action made with my case. BTW, I'm based in HK. I fly every month just to follow up my case. Last time I went their was last Tuesday. They said they will arrange a meeting with their head finance for my case. But unfortunately, they said Ms Hernadez Head Finance of DMCI couldn't meet me because she was on sick leave for a week. WOW!

The parking is only P260K. Come on DMCI

Anybody, can help me with problem?

N  12th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Well I have waited nearly 2 years until now on my Title of the condo i bought from DMCI in Manila. They still keep on saying its in process and everytime I ask who is resposible for making the processing they cant give a straight answer. The customerservive dont reply on any emails and I get no info or updates. Its just so fustrating.
N  11th of Mar, 2017 by
@Marwin This is still happening in 2015, 2016, and now 2017. There has been little to ZERO improvement with DMCI Homes Customer Care and DPMC (Property Management Offices at each project). Fight the good Fight, these two companies have taken advantage of many families. Always check your statement of account that PMO provides monthly (usually late and with errors and most likely will not have the PMO's manager's signature on it). For some reason the train of though is if the Property Manager does not sign the statement then they cannot be held accountable. Also expect another units bills to be attached to your account form time to time.

There will be late fees applied from time to time too, even when you are already paid up in full or if you keep your account overpaid. Math is not DMCI Homes and DPMC's strong trait. A lack of training in all aspect of basic property management is evident.

No believe, purchase one of their units and you too can live the DMCI Homes NIGHTMARE.
A  15th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Is there any protection for buyer if developer didnt do what is expected of them? Is there a law to prosecute them as an entity and pay the damage made? I newly purchase alos a condo unit in Tivoli as promised the turn over is February this year, yet almost a month now it never turned over to me. yes, false promises and sweet talk. They do not deliver as expected.
N  11th of Mar, 2017 by
@jaybeltran Get a lawyer that is no afraid of DMCI Homes and file a case at HLURB and also file Civil cases.

These are just about the only instances where DMCI homes will take notice, along with creating you own You Tube videos and posting them online.

Put your comments on their official web page, but expect them to be removed in a few days.
A  21st of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
DMCI sucks!! They definitely dont have after sales service. I also bought a condo at Rosewood Pointe Residences. I was on In house financing for a year then in March 2009 I transfered the Loan to the bank. The bank released my loan in May 2009 but DMCI failed to deliver my Unit contract to the bank. The bank kept on waiting until it expired my loan. Now i told DMCI since they expired my loan they have to wait until I secure another loan. It was a long process to obtain a loan to just have it overlooked but DMCI finance Team.

Definitely there is a law that protects the buyer. Just send DMCI a demand letter and definitely you will what you deserve. When you buy something and the seller failed to deliver you can prosecute the seller.
A  14th of Apr, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DMCI is a horrible company to deal with they promise the world and deliver headaches and misery
N  11th of Mar, 2017 by
@Steve Johan 10000000000000000000 PERCENT TRUE !!!

My family and I are living the DMCI Homes and DPMC NIGHTMARE Daily !!!

TOTALLY FALSE MOTTO " Feels Real Good To Be Home "

HLURB should take away their license to sell at any project until DMCI Homes correct the many thousands of customer complaints outstanding .
N  27th of Jun, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I purchased a condo unit at Alta Vista de Boracay and I am also having issues with documents. I understand that it takes about 12 months for the Title to transfer over but I still have NOT received the SIGNED Deed of Absolute Sale. I have constantly followed this up but response time in DMCI is extremely slow or you won't even get a response at all!!! Their excuse every time is that it needs to go to a certain department or waiting on one thing before they can process it. They said that 4 months ago!!! So you're telling me nothing happened since day one!!? To top it all off, I got a Penalty Fine for not paying the full amount. WHAT ON EARTH!! I paid the unit in FULL, CASH!! They obviously didn't look into my file properly. I am curious whether the people in DMCI office have an education. Is the job interview process very lenient? The staff are slow. Never reply. Attend to issues at a leisurely state. DMCI have great projects but bad employees. Any advice ?
A  8th of Aug, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also purchased a condo unit in Hampstead Garden Sta.Mesa Manila, way back in 2002. I should be enjoying my unit and my very own title by now. WRONG!!!
I've been paying all my fees. All their crappy made-up bills have been increasing to generate income for their personnel. They made policy to CREATE INCOME for themselves.
They built this...they painted that. What else could you think of? And if you accidentally forget to pay within weeks of the said due, all they could think of is add a hefty fine. Kudos to DMCI. Money is their main game. All you ever think of is accumulating MONEY to pay for your extravagant lifestyle from our hard earned money!

Worst...i still don't have my TITLE. For all these years! People who work for DMCI are all callous! They gave me this useless hotline to pursue my complaints...and to correspond with my discontent they gave me a false name that i haven't spoken in years because the line is BOGUS! What should i do then? All i could say for future clients/customers 'don't purchase any of their units'. Please ask for dreary owners, they have nothing but negative remarks. Unbelievable, you paid for everything and this is what you get.

DMCI, you should be ashamed. If there's any SOUL left in your insubstantial body, then do your homework. And i will be repeating this onward...We paid for everything now HONOR what is ours!
A  25th of Sep, 2011 by
DMCI is a terrible company to transact with. So far, they have charged us almost ONE MILLION PESOS in penalties brought upon by their slowness in facilitating my papers for the transfer of our loan to a bank!
Isn't there a government agency that can help us here???
A  26th of Jan, 2012 by
I also purchased a condo unit in Hampstead Garden Sta.Mesa Manila, way back in 2001. until now i didn't get my title . I'm not using the unit and cant sale it .
i paid hundreds of thousand for the condo deuce and i lost a lot
its been 3 years they promise and promise for nothing .
they are lire . they don't answer my call .
N  11th of Feb, 2012 by
DMCI do not answer any e-mails, do not answer phones, have an archaic accounting system, make mistakes on your account, the staff are all miserable and rude. Zero customer service, zero after sales service, good at marketing condos, once you buy they do not want to know you anymore. Someone needs to go in there and sort it out, it is a complete mess. No leadership, a bunch of disillusioned, underpaid staff. Ask for a statement of account or a receipt for the cash that you have paid them and you will be kept waiting for weeks on end, at the end of it you will be sent an out of date statement.
N  23rd of Apr, 2012 by
Thank you for this, I was excited about their condo in Davao because of the price they offer (Palmetto Place) but now mmmmm I don't know what to do.
N  6th of May, 2012 by
DMCI, It’s a big NO NO NO… and NO
#NO OFFENSE TO THE SALES AGENT/S# I would only like to share my experience and hopes that this does not happen again to any other prospecting buyers and for DMCI TO IMPROVE THEIR SERVICES.
1 I bought my unit thru PAG IBIG. DMCI was paid in full by PAG IBIG in 2007.
2 I have requested for the CCT since 2007 and have done loads of request since then, but to date I have not receive any.
3 Their customer service is brilliant during the PRE selling and SELLING period but once you have the unit you will be STUCK IN THE MUD.
8 THEY WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR EMAILS (company emails/ customer services email add).
10. I have now paid PAG IBIG in full this year AND to date I am still struggling to secure my condominium title
11 This serves as a warning based on what I have experienced. AVOID!!!
12. Avvvvvvoooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd
Release of Land Title
After full payment of the unit, how long is the processing time for the title to be released?
The title is released one (1) year from full payment.
calling for anybody else who has had this kind of experience, pls post so we can warn other OFWs and all buyers.
A  8th of May, 2012 by
had the same horrible experience with DMCI. They messed my SOA and now charging me exorbitant penalties. I've been asking them to coreect the problem since last year but nothing happenes. Buying from DMCI is the biggest regret of my life.
A  23rd of May, 2012 by
Wow! My gut feel is confirmed after searching the internet na hindi lang ako meron problem dito sa teribleng DMCI.

We bought our condo unit in Taguig year 2006 thru bank loan. We moved in 2008. Matatapos na bayaran sa bank this year 2012. Ang problem, tuwing malakas buhos ng ulan meron water leaks sa ceiling ng mga bedrooms. So reklamo kami sa structural flaws as early as 2008. 2012 na ngayon. Wala pa din...hay. Tag ulan na naman. Gusto ko man ibenta nakakahiya lang yun ganitong problem.

Yun parking slot naman namin na binili paid in-house with contracted size of 12.5sqm. Ang actual size pagkatapos hati hatiin yun street parking 8.69sqm lang. Ang kitid. Ang hirap mag bukas nag pinto ng oto pag nakapark na. Nagkakatamaan kami ng mga katabing oto sa street parking. Gusto namin mag upgrade ng oto from sedan to bigger vehicle pero di magawa sa sikit. Until now hindi pa narerectify yun sizing kahit puro reklamo na kami and I think malabo na gawin nila. As for CCT of my parking. Cross fingers! More than a year na fully paid wala pa din eh :(. At syempre they are charging parking association dues based on 12.5sqm. Bwisit!

Now I am saving hard again dahil surely di ako tatagal sa walang kwentang serbisyo ng DMCI. Puro money making. At yun property namin I expect in 5 more years dilapidated na dahil nga sa kawalan ng kwenta nitong DMCI sa pagrectify ng mga kapalpakan nila. Sana lang wag mag earthquake coz I've been seeing cracks all over the projects...hay.

I second the motion -- Buying from DMCI is the biggest regret of my life!

Live long, do not buy DMCI property. Maistress ka lang sa kahihinatnan ng hard earned money.
N  18th of Jul, 2012 by
Any other thoughts about DMCI particularly TIVOLI GARDENS? Im about to make a reservations next week. Please help. Im confused.
N  19th of Jul, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DMCI is DMCI. Problems are not project specific. It's the inherent culture in their organization. You can reserve and play russian roulette. If the bullet hits you, that is--you encountered problem, your money is dead. If not, you'll be fine. Try the next round. Next round is, how you deal with property management office. If you have no concern with your unit or neighbor, you'll be fine. If not, money dead. It's like that, it's a gamble. You can win or you can lose.
N  24th of Jul, 2012 by
I really like DMCI, Actually I am considering to get another project from this developer...one thing that I only hate is your INCOMPETENT employees from cust service and bank financing...I read a lot of complaints but I disregarded that until such time that I realize that they are really INCOMPETENT at all. Thank you for the NO help at all! I'll just resolve the issue in my own capabilities.
N  13th of Aug, 2012 by
We purchased a unit at Tivoli from DMCI last four years ago and our agent named Jonas & Doreen was so nice at first to us...ang bait pa nila and so accommodating kasi hindi pa nila nakuha ang commission nila then pagkatapos ng turn over we are super excited coz we are here working in Dubai since 1999 and we wanted to invest our hard earning here sa aboard so we chose nga DMCI coz when we knew that they are a good developer so magaan ang pakiramdam namin na safe ung investment nga namin...so lahat ng gamit binili namin dito na sa Dubai lahat IKEA kc maganda and quality, nagpadala kami ng ilang boxes coz gusto namin fully furnished ang unit namin pag ready na for tenancy...btw, ung unit pala namin is 2BR w/balcony and these past few days umulan ng grabe nagulat kami nung sinabi ng nephew namin when he called in the middle of the night na ang unit namin bumaha? so we are surprised kc buminili nga kami ng condo para iwas baha tapos ganun ang ng nangyari sa unit namin? then nag start na kaming ng complained but never in one of the employees or maski ang agent namin nag reply...mga walang modo either hindi sila marunong mag reply ng mga complained letters or lahat ng mga empleyado ng DMCI mga illiterate ang alam lng nila is mag extract ng money sa lahat ng unit owners...pag taung mga unit owner ma delayed lng ng isang araw mag bayad penalty kaagad but ung ginawa nilang hindi sumasagot sa mga problema natin balewala lang un walang penalty? we are so HURT sa ginawa nilang paglilinlang they cheated us buti sana ung pera na binayad namin eh easy money lng namin kinuha but hindi pinaghirapan namin un and sana kung may PUSO man sila ma konsensya nmn kau kc kami ang bumubuhay ninyo kung wala kaming mga unit owner kaung mga lahat ng taga DMCI ma empleyado or ma ano ka pa wala kau...kaya ng konsensya ninyo ung binili ninyong pagkain na binigay nyo sa pamilya nyo galing sa amin na sinaktan nyo...kaya nyo na na educate ang mga anak nyo galing sa pera namin na binabayad kada buwan para lng makakura kami ng unit sa inyo...kaya nyo na ang mga anak nyo ang gara ng kotse, school, laki ng baon, lahat complete galing sa pawis namin anong klaseng tao kau...

unsatisfied unit owner!!!
N  22nd of Aug, 2012 by
Go to facebook and find DMCI Homes (Investor's Page) Complaints...
N  11th of Mar, 2017 by
@jalcudia1971 If anyone knows where this is on the net now please post.

I think maybe Joan Alcudia was enticed to take her true comments off the page.

I have been trying to get ahold of her, but have had no luck so far. I read somewhere that DMCI Homes had to do a pay out so she would be quite and fight no more about the NIGHTMARES she had to live through that we caused by DMCI Homes.

" Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Centre "
N  26th of Aug, 2012 by
Hi! Just got our new unit here at Maricielo Villas Las Pinas.
June 2012 was the turnover date but because of the slow process, we moved-in last week of July.
Almost all service areas along our side is leaking. We have personally done the application of vulcaseal dhel sunod sunod na bagyo na ala pa rin aksyon. At night, the area is barely lighted din busted raw mga lights.
There is a lot a lot of mosquitoes because of the breeding places from the poorly maintained waters of fountains/ponds. Color green na ang water nila. Windows are not well kept along the common areas, try holding it and dikit lahat ng alikabok sa kamay nyo.
Association dues are said to increase 10% yearly . sana lng we get what we pay. The gym is not working as of now because of fault and grounds. There is still no KTV in the AVR. There is still no electric gated fence and CCTV.
When installing your double lock, pls make sure that they are really know installing one. We were offered by housekeeping plus maintenance staff that they can do it but we were greatly disappointed with the finished product. Pictures of the end-product are with us.
Maybe, because of a cheaper price goes a cheaper quality. The area outside the condo is also dark at night compared with the area along alabang zapote road. There are also reports of snatching along quirino Ave even in broad daylight because there are a lot of informal settlers just across the other side.Kya we don’t even walk along the streets khet lapit lng to zapote. The place is also near zapote kya bumabaha pag lakas ulan like from the recent habagat although di ganun along other parts of alabang-zapote road pagkalagpas lapit sa may flyover.
Just a thought, sana we could have read some negative feedbacks regarding DMCI before we got this place. And sana we have surveyed the area before.