Dixie RV SuperStores / improper hitch installation

May 15, 2015
Dixie RV Superstores
DeFuniak Springs
Dixie RV installed a PullRIte 24K Super Glide hitch on my truck to pull a new 5th wheel Toy Hauler I purchased from them. Rather than attaching the Capture Plate (required by PullRite for safe operation), they WELDED a Sidewinder Universal Wedge to the pin box. The weld and wedge broke the first day of towing, destroying the hitch, damaging my truck, stranding us in Mississippi, and ruining our vacation. Then they continued to allow us to pull the trailer with this incorrect set up, further jeopardizing my family and other motorists. I met with the sales manager and service manager at Dixie RV in Florida, and they continue to deny that the installation was incorrect! I was told to write the company president to request my refund. After I requested the refund, the Director of fixed operations in Hammond, LA called to further incriminate the business. He claims this was a safe installation that they have done thousands of times! Funny how that is their stance when it directly violates the manufacturers installation instructions, doesn't require welding, and he hasn't even seen the trailer!! This company is beyond belief in their disregard for customer safety and proper installation of towing equipment. If you want safe, correct, reliable towing installation, Dixie RV superstores is not the place for you!

Dixie RV SuperStores