Disney Movie Club / bad customer service/false charges

Disney Movie Club sends me my director's selections every month and charge my credit card, even though I DECLINED the selections! I refuse every package marked "return to sender"; they only offer store credit, won't credit my card... you'd think they don't want to waste their time and postage by mailing me something I didn't order.

They also take over a month to respond to email inquiries, very poor customer service!

A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
They have not contact us on the bottom of the web page for disney movie club. the voice recording when you call by phone is so quiet that even with my phone turned all the way up and no one around i can't hear a word being said. im having the same problem with them sending me movies i declined and also the phone servie said i ordered my feature title when all i did was ask to hear about it so i could decline it by phone but once again poor sound. im so frustrated with them right now that i want to scream help!!!

~Disney fiasco~
A  13th of Jun, 2009 by
I have has my share of problems with the company who has now taken me to collections, I called up to pay for three movies in full plus rush shipping since I was moving, I paid about $20.00 or so for the extra shipping for 3 movies, but I only received 1 movie for only $7.00 worth, then I called and complained, they said they did not know I wanted the movies all at once! I said why would I pay $20.00 for shipping on a $7.00 movie? So I told them to not send the others unless the shipping was free, they said they had already shipped to my new address and that I was going to be billed for the shipping because I did not call in time to talk about the situation. So now I refuse to pay their $10.00 for the shipping of their mistake, and they have taken me to collections. I have sent many letters back trying to contact managers and so forth but I get no response. So until they take off the $10.00 I do not owe then I will not pay for the rest of my bill that they were supposed to take on the first call. On that first call they said they would charge me for all three movies, they did not, they only charged for the one. Now I owe money for the other two movies. They will only get it when they take the shipping off for it!
A  11th of Jul, 2009 by
I am having the same problems! they have took money out of my checking two different times and i have not received any movies from them yet! i am very frustrated with them and want my $70.00 dollars refunded back! i have declined their movie of the month the last 2 months, but they continue taking money that is not due to them! What kind of disney movie club is this? can't trust them...if we are bound by their contract, shouldn't they be true to their end of the bargain too? I WISH I HAD NEVER JOINED THE DISNEY MOVIE CLUB!

N  12th of Aug, 2010 by
The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!

Disney Movie Club Logo Disney Movie Club