Dish TV India / Poor service: abnormal delay in activation

I happen to be one of those hapless consumers in India, who has been really taken for a ride by DISH TV India as also its dealers and the so called Customer care.

Dish TV India apparently believes in the real definition of KUSHT MAR (alias Customer, in their parlance). I had paid one of the Ahmedabad's dealers a sum of Rs 4,115/- for installation of a Dish TV Connection at my residence. The Dealer made it a point to encash the cheque right the next morning at 10 : 05 AM (right about the time the banks open) however, on his own sleepy pace and after a lot of cajoling, landed up with the Equipment on 14th April, and that too after a lot of cajoling and coaxing. I thought that my ordeal was over, but alas, little did I know that it was only a beginning.

Even after a lot of chasing with their customer care as also with the dealer, till date (25th April), the sloppy company has not yet activated the Connection. Mr Dealer has now stopped taking my phone calls and the Customer care cares too hoots about ones complaints. I made it a point that the Customer care gives me a complaint number also, but even after lodging a complaint and getting the number on 15th of April, they have hardly done anything in this regard and i still have their Equipment installed like a White Elephant in my house without any activation. This despite the fact that the Customer care executives, in their own sweet glib talk, keep on boasting that the connection gets activated within 24 hours of the Connection.

So poor is their follow up on the grievances that the customer care doesn't even give an automated response on its official Customer care email ID in response to the mails sent from the Customers End.

With the kind of poor response the firm gives to the Customers, I would advise all the prospective Customers to be wary of the services and the tall claims made by the Company. Its been 15 days that the money has been paid and there has been no service activation at all at this end.

The Customer care is poorly organized and there is hardly any follow up on the same at Dish TV's end.

A  13th of Jun, 2007 by
I shifted from Tata-sky to Dish TV during May,2007. I think I made a mistake. The Dish TV signals are extremely poor and are not suitable for viewing onlarge screen TVs. The signal strength is only about 50%.

I wish the Dish TV management does something to improve the signal quality fast lest they may start losing customers to Tata-Sky or other newcomers.

S K Kohli,
A  3rd of Jul, 2007 by
I was about to inquire about dish tv tomorrow, but after reading all this complaints i think I'll stick to cable. Its India and you have to at least wait 4 or 5 years for things to work with precision, and with good customer care, so thank you guys for your input on your problems, you saved me 3000Rs.
N  30th of Sep, 2007 by
Iam Deepak from chennai.Past 3 days iam not able to see sunnetwork tamil channels.I made a call to customer care to more that 10 times but no proper response,they just make me to wait for 10 mins in line and then automatically the line will be disconnected.Atlast one person called me and said your channels are activated (from the number 01204040000).But after that call Iam not able to see any tamil channels now.It is fully blank.Now iam keeping disvtv as toy to play...and soon i will thru into dustbin.My contact Number 9940656134
N  6th of Jul, 2015 by
I am Rajan Gore from Borivali Mumbai, Past 12 days chasing to get problem resolved but Getting sick of the service provided to me by SAI DISH TV LINK service provider. Everytime getting answer that HD Box are not available. Still not getting proper answer.
N  9th of Jul, 2015 by
Dear Rajan Gore,

We are sorry for the experience you had. Please write to us about your problem with your VC number, registered mobile number and email ID at write2us@dishtv.in and we will put all our efforts in trying to help you out.

Online Team
Dish T
N  10th of Jul, 2015 by
Dear Rajan Gore,

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Please feel free to give us your feedback at write2us@dishtv.in.
Have a nice day.