[Resolved] Direct Web Designwebsite development

In January of this year I commissioned Direct Web Design to develop an eCommerce site for my Martial Arts Gym.
The original quote was impressive and quite detailed as to what I was getting.
Unfortunately that's where it finished, upon commencement of the project it became obvious that this was not an Australian business doing the work, but a company in India. The communication was absolutely appalling and the business owner by the name of Roman could not be contacted most of the time.
In the interest of keeping this as short as possible, the original quote stated that the website would be completed within 14 days of design sign off, after six months of trying to communicate what I wanted, I was left with a site that is completely dysfunctional and not at all what i wanted despite emails that I lost count of back and forth without any completion of what was asked for, when it was completed it was totally incorrect. THIS BUSINESS IS A COMPLETE FRAUD -- Do not even think about using them.

I have asked for a refund of the money I paid them which was $950 which they have not refunded and now will not take any calls or return any emails.

Needless to say I have wasted hundreds of hours trying to get this site to work and now I am faced with having to pay for legal action against these fraudsters.

If there is any one who is going through the same thing I would love to hear from you.

WARNING to others considering there services DO NOT DO IT.

• Resolution statement

• Direct Web Design Customer Care's Response, Jul 16, 2018

Hi Paul,

You make false accusations that we're not an Australian company and assume that we're an Indian company but do you have any evidence or facts as it sounds like you're just stipulating and making false accusations.

Roman did mention to you many times via phone and email that he is in meeting's most of the time and to email him or leave a message on the phone and he will respond back to you, but you kept calling on private numbers so this meant that when we did miss a call we did not know who it was from.

The original quote had stated it would take 2 days to design and 7 days to build, when we had sent the original design concept you had replied back with countless changes, this had continued on for 8 weeks until you had finalized a design, once the design was approved we had proceed to build the website. Whilst building the website you had sent back many emails with countless changes for your website in which were not apart of the original brief and was out of scope, you had also asked for new features to be integrated which would extend the build time.

Despite your comment you failed to mention any issues with the website, such as features not working, yet everything is working fine if you visit the website.

I see that you mentioned you're not happy with the service or website but yet why do you still actively use our website that we built on your live domain if you're not happy with it https://www.shirudoselfdefence.com.au

Kind Regards,
    Direct Web Design - Customer Support

• Updated by Paul McClenahan, Jul 16, 2018

If I took the time to point out all the problems with the site I would be here for days.

The reason I know it's an Indian based company doing the work is because I have emails from them all through my site, would you like me to tell the world who they are?
    They left these emails because they didn't do any site testing. I have proof of all that. so your argument just like everything else is incorrect.

Regarding the website working fine, you must be joking, this is precisely why I am complaining, most of the links are not working and that's just to start, let alone all the other problems I have encountered along the way.

If you had read my complaint you would have read the fact that I am getting a whole new website developed, the only reason your rubbish is still up is I am waiting for the new site, as soon as it's completed your so called nothing wrong with it site will be decommissioned.

It's really laughable that you can come back with such ridiculous statements when the site has taken more than six months to develop -- not because of me but because of DWD complete incompetence and bad communication.
    I have emails to prove all of these complaints so PLEEEEAAASE do not try and brush this under the carpet with weak rebuttals.

• Direct Web Design Customer Care's Response, Jul 16, 2018

You had mentioned that we're an Indian company and now you're referring to another company in 3rd person context which does not make sense, so are we an Indian company or another company.

We have read your complaint above and not once did you mention that you're having a new website built, can you point this out to us.

If you're not happy with the website why have you been using it for the past 3 months, if you say this is until you get your new website up and running wouldn't this also mean that your new developer is taking months to build your new website just like we did.

Pa