Direct General Auto Insurancei'm suing this company

DIRECT GENERAL AUTO INSURANCE CO. IS THE WORST COMPANY TO BE INSURED BY. THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO DIRECT UNSURE AUTO BECAUSE THEY ARE UNSURE IF THEY ARE GOING TO INSURE YOU. THEY PUT MY ROOMMATE ON MY POLICY, WITHOUT MY APPROVAL WHICH THEN RESULTED IN MY POLICY LAPPING, MY LICENSE BEING TAKEN AS WELL WAS MY TAG BEING SEIZED. IM A SINGLE FATHER OF 3 GIRLS AND NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THEM WHERE THEY NEED TO GO. WAY TO GO DIRECT! I HOPE THAT AFTER IM DONE PUTTING ALL MY EVIDENCE THAT YOUR COMPANY IS ### ON LIVE TELEVISION THAT ILL HAVE EVERYONES JOB AND YOULL BE SHUT DOWN AND NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO DO IT TO ANYONE ELSE!

Ju
Sep 22, 2013

Comments

• Ha
      Oct 24, 2013

Good luck - they deserved to be sued.

• Pa
      May 11, 2016

I AM GOING THREW THE SAME THING WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST. IF YOU HAVE A ATTOREY I COULD USE ONE TO GO AGAINST THEM. My son was driving my car he was in a accident and they do not want to foot the bill . I had two cars with them never late they said they asked me about my son living with me but they didn't until after the fact. He was living with his father at the time now this 16 yrold kid 4.0 gpa has no license I'm disable already now I'm being sued for over 150, 000

• We
      Sep 14, 2016

I'm glad that I'm seeing these reviews. I was in a minor fender bender accident this afternoon after I picked my daughter up from school, no fault off my own, (I was rear ended while waiting for the traffic ahead of me to start moving) and direct General is the at-fault parties insurance company. (Driver said she saw other cars ahead of me starting to move forward and assumed that I had also started moving forward) Anyways, the damage is minimal, and the driver offered to pay the repair costs personally if I didn't make a claim against her insurance. She wasn't offering cash on the spot, just that she'd pay for the repair bill to avoid a claim against her policy. I did get a police crash report with driver information exchanged. After reading all these bad reviews about this company, I think I'll go to a few body shops tomorrow (which I'll need to do anyways) and get a few repair estimates, provide the at-fault driver with copies, and then see if she's still willing to pay out of pocket for the repair, before I file a claim with her insurance company. She may or may not change her mind depending on exactly how much the repair bill is, but I'll just have to wait and see. I was going to contact her insurance company today but after reading these reviews I think I'll hold off for a day until I've gotten actual repair estimates and see if she wants to pay it herself. I'm in no mood to deal with what seems to be an all around bad faith insurance company, if it can be avoided.

For anyone that's already having issues with an insurance company, file a complaint with the insurance commissioner in your state, and they will help you. Insurance companies don't like receiving letters from the insurance commissioner because they know BS won't fly and they can only ignore the state insurance commissioner for so long before their license to practice in the entire state is suspended. In Florida I believe the insurance commissioner will suspend their license if they don't respond within 60 days.