Direct Energy Natural Gas / overbill scam
This large British company has all kind of scams, I wish I had checked the internet. Billed me for Natural Gas at $7.99 per MCF the rate should be 5.96600 per MCF or lower.
Last summer I signed up with Direct Energy Services LLC to get a special on Natural Gas that they were running: 10% off the dominion east ohio sco rate till the end of year, and then the monthly variable rate. Sounded good. Come January I received my gas bill. They had billed me at a outrageous rate. The puco chart shows their rate for the Direct Energy Monthly Variable Rate Plan is 5.96600 / mcf but they billed me 7.99 / mcf. The Standard Choice Offer (SCO) Rate of Dominion East Ohio is 5.4160.
I called Direct Energy and they said that the puco was wrong and the rate was 7.99 and direct energy refused to do anything about it. I called the puco and the puco said that they would ask Direct Energy why they did not charge me 5.9660. I also complained to The Office of the Ohio Consumers’ Counsel.
More Direct Energy Natural Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Energy - negative option contract renewal! 
- Direct Energy - fraud and cheating! 
- Direct Energy - billing 
- Direct Energy - things we should know as customers before signing with direct energy for natural gas 
- Mr Tankless / Ontario Direct Energy - owner 
- Direct Energy - contract and fees
- Direct Energy - energy contract 
- Direct Energy - overbilling
- Direct Energy - natural gas
- Direct Energy - protection scam plan