Direct Buy Discounts.com / unauthorized charge

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

OK people stop calling me the first complaint I posted gave you my phone number, and my address for this fraudulent company, I am not the company, and I am not going to call any of you back.
Direct buy Discounts is a part of the on-line company hot movies, which I bought 2 DVD's from titled the Waltons, they use your account information to sign you up with this company and bill you monthly, for I do not know what.
I am still trying to end this myself, and stop being billed. I do not like it any more than you do, and I do not like the messages you are leaving on my phone, Florida does have a no harassment law, so stop calling me, or I am turning your calls over to the state attorney.

Comments

• Na
      19th of Feb, 2010

I was looking at my debit card account, and there are charges for $11.98 that I did not authorize from this company, and I do not know how to get my money back, it is a members only website, you can not contact them, my debit card company said to call them, but they are located in the United Kingdom, how much is that going to cost?

21st of Feb, 2010

i am having the same problem... did u ever figure out how to cancell the charges?

• Ro
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I found the same charge on my account as well. I will have to fill out a form from my bank that says, I didn't authorize this charge. It doesn't cost anything, except they may have to change my checking account number so they can't take out anymore.

THE UNITED KINGDOM HAS DONE THIS TO ME BEFORE. THIS WILL BE THE 4TH TIME THEY HAVE GOTTEN INTO MY ACCOUNT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN'T BE STOPPED. I TALKED TO WESTERN UNION AND A CREDIT REPORT COMPANY AND THEY BOTH TOLD ME THAT THE UNTIED KINGDOM IS KNOWN TO GETTING INTO YOUR COMPUTER AND GET FALSE CHARGES. THEN THEY MOVE AROUND SO FAST THAT THE LAW CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THEM. I AM SO SICK OF THIS, AND I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER TO MY CORP. BANK ASKING NOT TO TAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM. AND TO PLEASE CALL ME WHEN THEY TRY TO DO SO...

Hope this helps others.

24th of Feb, 2010

OK people I am Nathaniel Mark Berry, and I am not the fraudulent company Direct buy discounts. The first complaint I posted gave you my phone number, and address by mistake, so stop calling me.
    Direct buy discounts is part of the company hot movies, so if you have bought anything from then then there is your problem. I bought 2 DVD's from them, and then started being charged for a membership to this company which I did not agree to. If I can find out how to end these charges, I will pass this info on to you, but for now.
    STOP CALLING ME.

• Eh
      25th of Feb, 2010

I am going through this same situation. I just dont understand how it is possible for these people to do this over and over again. And there is basically, nothing that we can do about it.

• Fe
      4th of Mar, 2010

they are doing the same thing to me and charge me 3 times already. please keep me onfrom on how to cancel or if you have a phone number to call.

• Ca
      5th of Mar, 2010

Okay, looks like we are all in the same boat and this pisses me off! I tried calling BBB but of course no answer. This is crazy and I am trying to find a number as well. If I find out something I will post it.

• Me
      6th of Mar, 2010

The correct number to call in North America is
    1-888-341-3178

I called, they reversed the charges and were very apologetic.

• Mo
      8th of Mar, 2010

Thank You all for the update. I have the exact same problem, also for $11.98. Can't remember buying any movies, however this might be from something else. I have tried contacting someone but with no luck...

8th of Mar, 2010

STOP CALLING ME at the 850 number that was posted on my first complaint. I am not the company direct buy discounts, they have been charging me also. The company is located in the United Kingdom, you can look it up if you want to pay the enternational long distance charges.
    Here is what I did, I started getting these charges after buying some DVD's of the Walton's from hot movies on line. I contacted them and they canceled the membership, and the charges have stopped, so if you have bought any DVD's on line my advice is the check the company you bought them from.
    if I get any more phone calls, I am going to start putting the numbers on here, so people can start calling you all hours of the day and night.

8th of Mar, 2010

same here, got the charges stopped.

The correct number to call in North America is
    1-888-341-3178

• Al
      9th of Mar, 2010

My name is Allison Underhill. I am very angry because this company keeps taking money out of my checking account and I want it stopped immediantly!! I want my money back as well!!! last month you got me for $12.08 twice on 2/05/10. this month you've got me for $11.98 twice showing it is coming out today 2/09/10. So in all you owe me $48.32. I want it returned by Friday 2/12/10.

• 1t
      11th of Mar, 2010

We HAD the same problem. There are a number of companies out there passing around your info.
    The charge recently came from DirectBuyDiscount who got the info from Key Discount 1 (phone 18008223615) and then we tracked our problem down to : Everydays Discount 1-888-586-2328

My husband bought some "space saving bags" back in July 09 and, according to Everdays Discount, he also signed up for their "Savings Club" at the same time! The lady on the phone said you should be very careful when ordering online and always read the fine print. (Ha... guess she should know) We have been getting charged between $19.98 and $11.98 monthly since!! The company could not explain why transactions are going through the U.K. --- very suspicious, if you ask me.

Even stranger... the name of the charging company has changed every couple months since our initial charge in August 09.

Call today to cancel the service and demand your money back. We received 2 months subscription back from the company and I believe that is what your bank/credit card company would get if they disputed the claim for you.

• Mo
      15th of Mar, 2010

I have narrowed this down to a purchase made froma facebook link. The original purchase was for everyday life, but the method used was 2 fold, i did receive virtual goods for an avatar in a popular game. This may be new to most of you but is becoming more and more popular. However, the method is not as important as the outcome, which enrolled me in the "shopping club" that keeps charging me the monthly fee's. These are the fee's that keep showing up on all of our accounts. Did anyone else make their purchase through facebook or twitter. This may be the issue!

18th of Mar, 2010

I am also getting a debit of $11.98 each month from my checking account and cannot seem to get it stopped. Every call and email address I try seems to be wrong. I have not purchased anything at all.
    Is the correct number to call 1-888-341-3178? I will try this and hopefully this nonsense will stop and these people will quit getting rich off of these schemes. Thanks to all of you - glad I finally found this website for complaints.

• Pa
      17th of Jun, 2010

I called the company, and was told that someone used a bogus yahoo.com e-mail address, and an old address of mine was used for me to join some buyer's club. I don't know if it is true or not, but the rep I spoke with said that I should see the credit for the $12.45 monthly charge, and the $4.00 initial membership charge credited within 10 days. I also got a confirmation number for the credit transaction.
    I'll keep you posted.

• Ro
      31st of Aug, 2010

I have just uncovered that my card has been charged $11.98 + .36 bank oversaas charge evey month since 1/2010 wiuthout my knowledge . I called them at 888-586-2328 and they agreed to cancel membership and refund 2 month charges . They told me I should have been more dilagent in checking my account. Which I guess is true but trher still a scam . There operating out of the country out of the reach of the US justice system and change there billing name every couple months . There operating under Family Save Discount. Com, DirectBuytDiscount.Com & EverydayDiscount .Com. There a scam and you will get screwed if they get access to your account, n Do yourslf a big favor and check yourt statements every month if you buy on line. Your bank will not help you past 60 days.
    Bob Bullock