Direct Buy / Fraud/Scam
I went to one of their "by invitation only" meetings tonight. What a joke. The presentation was hysterical. The presenter was a fool, jumping up and down when showing prices and amounts of money that members saved over retail. When he spoke about the cost of membership, he said for the first 3 years it would be a cost of 1595, I heard $15.59, not bad, he wrote on the the board 1, 559.00. I knew this was out of my reach.
After the presentation I met with the sales person I met on first coming in. I stood and told her I was not interested and it was too expensive. I showed her how what I wanted to purchase, even if Direct Buy was 50% less than retail, the savings would not add up to the $7000 total cost of membership. She was very angry, I could see it in her eyes, and said "well go ahead and pay more". I said that to pay $7000 to save $4000 was stupid.
If the membership was $100-$200 a year I would have joined as my goals are short term and limited i.e. carpeting and tile. However $7000 is insane.
I read a post that said that it seemed that their were actors in the showroom looking through catalogs, etc. That's exactly what I saw at this showroom, specifically there was one older man at a table by himself drinking coffee looking like he was picked up off the street and dropped into the warehouse.
I say stay away from this company.
More Direct Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Buy Membership - Poorly run business and a rip off! 
- Direct Buy - Class action lawsuit info 
- DirectBuy - 30-Day Trial Membership 
- Direct Buy - Awful everything 
- DirectBuy - Avoiding to deal with DirectBuy! 
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - I paid in full for warranty now company out of business due to unethical behaviour. 
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Direct buy auto warranty 
- DirectBuy - Office furniture
- Direct Buy - Household appliances
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Extended Warranty / Vehicle Service Contract