Direct Buy / Fraud/Scam

1 Cranberry Township, PA, United States Review updated:

I went to one of their "by invitation only" meetings tonight. What a joke. The presentation was hysterical. The presenter was a fool, jumping up and down when showing prices and amounts of money that members saved over retail. When he spoke about the cost of membership, he said for the first 3 years it would be a cost of 1595, I heard $15.59, not bad, he wrote on the the board 1, 559.00. I knew this was out of my reach.

After the presentation I met with the sales person I met on first coming in. I stood and told her I was not interested and it was too expensive. I showed her how what I wanted to purchase, even if Direct Buy was 50% less than retail, the savings would not add up to the $7000 total cost of membership. She was very angry, I could see it in her eyes, and said "well go ahead and pay more". I said that to pay $7000 to save $4000 was stupid.

If the membership was $100-$200 a year I would have joined as my goals are short term and limited i.e. carpeting and tile. However $7000 is insane.

I read a post that said that it seemed that their were actors in the showroom looking through catalogs, etc. That's exactly what I saw at this showroom, specifically there was one older man at a table by himself drinking coffee looking like he was picked up off the street and dropped into the warehouse.

I say stay away from this company.

Mr

Comments

• Ne
      14th of Mar, 2009
    Direct Buy - customer service
    Direct Buy
    9073 Pulsar Ct Suit B
    Corona
    California
    Phone: 951-667-4100

I have purchased stove and hood from the DB center. They doubled the order. And after returning the seconds, they want to be compensated for the mistake that they made. Is it fare?

14th of Mar, 2009

Of course it is not fair. Tell them you have made a complaint on them at https://www.complaintsboard.com and they had better give you better service if they want you to post that it was dealt with properly. Also tell them their number of complaints are growing and of course speak with the highest up you can!

• Uh
      26th of May, 2009

Here's what you need to know, you will be put through the wringer trying to get a solution to your problem, check the BBB for the very long lists of complaints against them. Many people have tried to contact the higher ups, don't bother. All they will tell you is that each Direct Buy is independantly owned and operated and their policies are different @ each store and they can't help you. But there is good news, a class action lawsuit has been filed against them. Help spread the word against this deceptive and unethical business, here is the info on the suit, the lead attorney is Jeff Nobel, jnobel@izardnobel.com, phone# (800) 797-5499. Good luck, I hope we can get this company to change it's ways!

• Al
      2nd of Jul, 2009
    Direct Buy - fraudulent claims
    direct buy
    950 truchard ln.
    Lincoln
    California
    Phone: 916-408-3479

I was told that if I made a $1, 500 deposit, I could cancel at any time. I've never used any services. I tried to cancel. They said I signed a contract. I'm now on the hook for $4, 900 balance to an independant finance co. You don't know your getting ripped off until you study the books and find that the prices are rediculously inflated.

• Ki
      25th of Sep, 2009
    Direct Buy - fake consumer review site
    Direct buy
    consumerreviews.org

Direct Buy has created a site that looks like a counsumer reports site. If you search google for direct buy scam, it comes up as the first listing. Is says The Truth About DirectBuy. I appears as a site similar to this one and has testimonials of the great things that DB has done. It has links to get a pass there!!! Dont be fooled spread the word.

• Do
      6th of Oct, 2009

Roger that! I googled in Direct Buy complaints and I saw the same site. I knew it was a scam and it was really owned by them simply by reading all the "rave" reviews! That was my first clue that it was bogus and orchestrated by DB. Then I saw the "free pass" on the top and confirmed my suspicions. So glad there is a site to spread the word. I wish I had found this before I joined a year ago. I have had nothing but aggravation from Direct Buy of Queens NY. The owners NEVER call you back. They NEVER rectify any problems. I waited 3 months for my diningroom furniture to arrive and then it was damaged. I called and called and called and finally threatened them that I would come in person every time they had an open house and let everyone know not to sign up. Boy did I get a call back fast after that threat! It didn't matter though because I still can't get any satifaction from them to replace the damaged goods. They are the worst. NEVER spend your money at DB of QUEENS. You may pay more in a retail store but you will certainly have recourse if your stuff is damaged. They are much more incentivized to make the customer happy at the retail store than at DB. Once DB has your membership money they could care less about any problems you have. They make their money on membership only.

• El
      18th of Jun, 2010

Looking at the underlying network information, ConsumerReviews.Org appears to be hosted at the same datacenter as Directbuy.com. The IP addresses are in the same /30 subnet (very close together). Their domain name registration information is hidden to try to prevent you from discovering the relationship. There appears to be nothing but positive DirectBuy comments on that site (I mean no other content at all).

Add to this I get 2 or 3 spam e-mails per day from throwaway domains containing links to the same throwaway domains advertising DirectBuy... what legitimate company uses this sort of SPAM to advertise?

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2011

They said they had contractors in my local area and then after I joined they had none in my area at all. Their prices were higher then the prices at their local competitors.

• Ki
      20th of Jan, 2012
    Direct Buy - Free notebook

Don't go with Direct Buy free notebook promotion. They gave us a very cheap china made product which doesn't work. Besides membership fees is very high. So don't waste your time with promotions or with Direct Buy

19th of Mar, 2012

Wow a least you got the note book!! they told me they were all out and would mail it to me. LOl!!! I agree with you its a scam!!!

• Lo
      9th of Jan, 2013
    Direct Buy - closed down want refund on membership
    Direct Buy of El Paso
    El Paso
    Texas

Direct Buy of El Paso closed without notice I paid $5000. for membership and do not live anywhere near any Direct Buy Store who can I contact to cancel membership as I am unable to shop.

• Sw
      8th of Dec, 2014

We were told verbally that we had thirty days to cancel our membership. We felt that was ample time to determine the merits of their program based on our needs. It took many days to receive return calls from their vendors who have yet to submit estimates to us. The verbal estimates were in excess of prices from our local contacts. We chose to cancel twenty days later. Only then did we see the three day cancelation policy. Had we been made clearly aware of this timeframe, we NEVER would have signed. Of course, since then we have researched Direct Buy and seen countless complaints and lawsuits against them. Yet they remain in business.
    And the poor souls who work for them cannot possibly feel good about their jobs.