[Resolved] Dex Media / Automatic renewal

Dallas, TX, United States

I have been advertising with Dex Media for a long time, I decided to go a different direction with my advertising. Dex media was doing unscrupulous practices by capturing my Google searches to make them look good, added a special phone number that hurt my natural Internet presence. I did not renew my Dex media account in June 2016, although they continued the billing. My accounts payable personnel continued paying them. I found out in December 2016. I called dex media where they told me they had the right to automatically renew my account. Now they are billing me for one more month and are adding penalties and interest, turned it over to a collection agency which this business has threatened me with harming my credit. I would recommend everyone to get away from dex media. I believe they owe me for 6 months of billing and I can't turn them over to a collection agency.
I did a quick search and found that dex has been taking advantage of many of their clients, shame on you.
account #[protected]

• Resolution statement

• Dex Media Customer Care's Response, Jan 20, 2017

Hi - I'm sorry to hear of the outlined issues and any inconveniences experienced as a result. Please reply via email at [protected]@dexmedia.com providing your business name/address, and preferred contact number for prompt follow up by our experienced Client Care team. Thank you, Ed!

Ma