Dental Works / unprofessional office and medical behavior

1 Greenville, SC, United States Review updated:

I have been pleased with the Greenville SC office for years until 11/7/2018. The day before my 6 mo. cleaning appt., the office called me 4 times in an hour to confirm my appt. I have not missed any appts. for years and told them 1 call was enough. When I arrived on time they gave me a 4 page form to fill out to update their records. It included my name, dob, ss #, medical and dental history, all of which they already had. They said they had to update records once a year and I told them a 1 page update form for any changes should have been sufficient. They did not tell me to come early to prepare this lengthy form. By this time my blood pressure was up which has never been high before. The hygienist looked in my mouth and sent in the dentist who said I needed a deep cleaning with no explanation of why or what that was. Then they sent in the office person I had already complained to and she told me the cleaning was over $2000. When I asked about my cleaning for today, she said she could not change the treatment plan, yet there was no dentist or hygienist there for me to ask questions. I did not understand why 6 months earlier when I told the dentist I was going on Medicare with no dental coverage, he told me everything was fine and to just keep doing what I had been doing, which I did. I told the office person I could not pay that and with no one else to talk to, I just left. No one has bothered to call or write me for an explanation or apology so I'm suspicious they just wanted my money and will bilk some other customer for the same. I'm also paranoid that my teeth are going to rot out or fall out before I can get an 8 mo. cleaning appt. with the local dentistry school. I would like to receive a written apology and explanation from the dentist as to what alternatives are available to this sudden treatment recommendation that I cannot afford.

Dk
Nov 20, 2018

Comments

• Di
      24th of Jan, 2019

Very interesting! They did the same thing to me. I never have cavities, my gums never bleed. The day that I came in for my cleaning I was due to get my X-rays. The hygienist did the X-rays and then started poking at my gums until they were bleeding. My gums never bleed. She had the dentist come in and he proceeded to tell me that I NEEDED A DEEP CLEANING!!! Kind of fishy don’t you think. My appointment was also in November 2018. There’s some type of scam going on. I called back the next day and declined the DEEP CLEANING and told them I just wanted my teeth cleaned. They said they couldn’t do that now since they put whatever saying I needed a DEEP CLEANING.

TOO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE!!!

• Di