Dell Laptop Computer / Windows Xp / dell hard drive failure... again

Just FYI, my wonderful piece of @!#$ Dell Laptop computer (service tag 8GF7521) has failed again. This is the second hard drive that has crashed and 4th time I lost everything on this computer. Once again, I am without a personal computer. The computer showed no recent signs of a possible problem.(although It did have a colorful past).

This morning I woke up to find the "Blue Screen of Death" on my computer. Upon re-boot all my hard drive did was make loud scratching noises, then the screen displayed "no hard drive could be found". I have an older back-up, but still lost thousands of man hours in research, music and photos. I had supposedly the best virus software available "BitDefender", but that remains to be seen. Windows is an unstable OS and I am done wasting my time talking with Dell technical support VIA India. Windows and Dell computers should come with an automatic back-up and free external hardrive, as both have proven to be as dependable as a wet paper bag.

Pretty sad that all my online time with this computer has been for my email and reading CNN and MSNBC news. Everything else was documents I composed offline. Needless to say, my laptop is the last Dell product, and Windows based computer I will ever own,. I strongly recommend you all do the same, unless you enjoy losing all your work every few months and spending countless hours with Indian technical support and reinstalling software. I am going to purchase a Mac as soon as I am financially able (which is a long way off) As a result, please limit any and all email as I can only check it once and a while from work.

I am going to forward this to Apple so they can use this email however them seem fit.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      19th of Dec, 2007

I have applied for two laptops, one is for amandeep singh, and second is for me. On the same day and same time through one cheque. NOw the cheque has been cleared and till date only one laptop is delievered and second is not which is for me. I am daily mailing to mahesh badam and abhiruchi. But even they ar not replying on email and not picking up their phones. so they are working with dell india a very big reputed company, but they do not know how to attend customers. So I am requesting you to kindly take necessary action against them and delivered the laptop. My order no is 2279392. Otherwise I am having all proofs that your company people are harrasing me and not delievring the laptop. Waiting for the positive response. That is of dell india.

• Ne
      29th of Apr, 2008

I have hardly used my dell inspiron 1525 and the motherboard has already blown off . I am without the laptop for the last 1 month but the customer care centre and technical support centre refuse to co-operate and speed up tha matter . First of all, I have to wait endlessly for the customer care to pick up my calls .Then they tell me that the part is not available in India and so I am waiting endlessly for the part and engineer's visit . Dell laptops are the worst . I will not recommend anyone in TCS to buy a Dell laptop . It will be the most harrowing experience if You happen to buy a Dell laptop by any chance .

• Di
      4th of Jun, 2008

I had got inspiron1420 dell laptop.It came with an inbuilt Vista OS.But i had removed the OS and installed XP.When I installed XP i could get few drivers from the online.But i couldn't get the graphic driver to be installed in XP.Because of this video quality is poor and display is not good too.And also i couldn't play any graphical games too in my laptop.So please say me a remedy to this issue.I want the graphical driver to be installed in my INSPIRON1420 DELL laptop.So please say me a remedy.
    Expecting your reply at the earliest...