Dell Laptop Computer / Windows Xp / dell hard drive failure... again
Just FYI, my wonderful piece of @!#$ Dell Laptop computer (service tag 8GF7521) has failed again. This is the second hard drive that has crashed and 4th time I lost everything on this computer. Once again, I am without a personal computer. The computer showed no recent signs of a possible problem.(although It did have a colorful past).
This morning I woke up to find the "Blue Screen of Death" on my computer. Upon re-boot all my hard drive did was make loud scratching noises, then the screen displayed "no hard drive could be found". I have an older back-up, but still lost thousands of man hours in research, music and photos. I had supposedly the best virus software available "BitDefender", but that remains to be seen. Windows is an unstable OS and I am done wasting my time talking with Dell technical support VIA India. Windows and Dell computers should come with an automatic back-up and free external hardrive, as both have proven to be as dependable as a wet paper bag.
Pretty sad that all my online time with this computer has been for my email and reading CNN and MSNBC news. Everything else was documents I composed offline. Needless to say, my laptop is the last Dell product, and Windows based computer I will ever own,. I strongly recommend you all do the same, unless you enjoy losing all your work every few months and spending countless hours with Indian technical support and reinstalling software. I am going to purchase a Mac as soon as I am financially able (which is a long way off) As a result, please limit any and all email as I can only check it once and a while from work.
I am going to forward this to Apple so they can use this email however them seem fit.
More Dell Laptop Computer / Windows Xp Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures 
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service 
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam 
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service 
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back! 
- Dell - Laptop Inspiron 5700, Service Tag, Dell S R 979596456
- Dell - inspiron 15 system tag 29y3732
- Dell - all in one computer 
- Dell - dell inspiron 15-352 
- Dell - dell federal systems