Dell Inspiron 1501 / defective notebok, deceitful practices!

We bought a Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook . We ordered this over the phone and built with a representative extension # 795-8578. We ordered a specific chip in the computer the AMD Turion 64 x2 (Dual Core), this is not what we received. In the notebook we received a Turion 64. We have been trying to call Dell and get this corrected, as of right now I have been working on getting this resolved for the past 2 1/2 hours. First we were talking to someone that does not speak English, we were then transferred to Mark (had a bad connection) was disconnected I gave Mark my home phone number and he told me he would call us back, he never called back.

Then I called again and spoke to Mary, she transferred us and we waited for 45 minutes and we are now talking to Victoria.

What I think is that Dell is deceiving there customers and not putting in the parts that the consumer is
requesting, and switching them out. THIS IS DECEITFUL PRACTICE.

As a note when my husband ordered the computer Dell told us that they would send us a free digital camera as a gift, that as we have confirmed was never ordered or sent.

You see the x-mas commercials that are out for Dell that the gentleman is ordering a Dell for his daughter for college, but what you dont see in the commercial is all the hold time it took for him to get to speak to someone at Dell.

Dell is certainly wanting to take your money but to correct anything well then they dont want to be bothered.

Comments

• De
      23rd of Oct, 2007

The Dell Inspiron is a piece of crap, PERIOD. Or maybe it's the Windows Vista. Can never predict when it will fall asleep; when you try to wake it up it takes forever to come to. Has to think about EVERYTHING. I spend so much time just WAITING. I have very little software on it; my utilities don't detect any viruses or bad software on it. An acquaintance of mine has the same laptop and complains about the same thing. We also have Macs in our house and I am so spoiled by their performance; still, I need a laptop for certain school assignments and programs. I recommend people just find something else.

• De
      9th of Jun, 2009
    Dell Inspiron 1501 - internet socket
    computer and its asscoerises
    sarvodaya enclave
    delhi
    Indiana
    Phone: 9718620380

i have dell laptop but one day light fell down at the earth.and my laptops inetrnet socket was damage so i want repair it

• Do
      4th of Mar, 2010

I agree completely that one should be very guarded about buying an Inspiron 1501 and a Dell for that matter. My inspiron 1501 is not yet three years old and I have already replaced the battery, cord and hard drive. Thank goodness I bought the warrenty. That would be my best advice for someone who buys a Dell, BUY AN EXTENDED WARRENTY. Although, my battery is going out again (system failure or another bad battery?) and Dell says that the warrenty does not apply to two batteries, but only one. Dell has made me a MAC guy.