Dell Financial Services / billing errors

1 VA, United States Review updated:

In June of 2007 I purchased a computer for my son for Graduation from Dell and set up an account. At the time I had a credit limit of $6000. The computer was under $3, 000. Over time we made the payments on the account. Suddenly last summer my balance jumped from $2300 to over $6000. When I called and inquired as to why, they responded that I had purchased a Widescreen Sony TV and various other items on my account. I filed a dispute, but they could not tell me where any of the merchandise I supposedly ordered had been shipped... I they have since turned me over to collections and I have spent months faxing them my dispute, additional correspondence back and forth with still no resolution... just annoying phone calls from their collection firm. HELP!!! Do I need an attorney?

Thanks,
E Powell

Comments

• Tk
      19th of May, 2009

You need an attorney, those are fraudulent charges on your account and you are not responsible for, it looks as if someone has stolen your credit number.I would definitely speak to an attorney if i were you.

• Ef
      20th of May, 2009

I have run into an issue with Dell as well. I have made payments of $295.00 since 9/2/08 on a pc and laptop my mother purchased for me in Dec.07. Today I received a call from a collections agency; SRA associates saying my mother owes $2, 000 and that we have not made a payment in 1 year. That in 6 day if I do not take a settlement and pay $1, 600, further action will be taken. As I was speaking to her I told her I was looking at my financial records and I have the proof of my payments in front of me. I could e-mail them to her or whoever needs them. She just stood with the sorry Ms. and the threats.

• Xd
      16th of Sep, 2009

anyone having problems with Dell finacial services please contact me, I am interested in speaking to you. Newlifebegins@gmail.com