Dazzlewhite / charge

Applied for free trial for S&H of 1.95 to be charged to my card and I have 14 days to return product and cancel. If I do not cancel in that 14 days my account will be charged 58.76.. I have not even received product and they have charged me and I called to cancel and they said they could not... I cant get an address or phone number to the headquarters.. got different ones not sure what is going on but it seems like a true scam to me ... Something should be done to keep these people from offering such promos...

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Fu
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Hi CCCC
    call your charge card company and dispute it NOW, before it shows.

let them know of a possible pending charge and maybe they can block it before it happens, or you can always cancel your card you ordered it under, and then the charge will not be able to go through.

my bank already issues 3 new cards to me in the last 2 years, you just have to wait 5 to 10 business days for the new one to come in... so have some cash on-hand to purchase things you'd use the card for, locally.

good luck.

• Fu
      30th of Jun, 2009

I'm so glad you posted this. I was going to try the deal, but now will NOT, based on your review.

One good way to avoid this is to get one of those "one-time-use" Charge Card Numbers, from some payment agency such as Paypal, or such, so you won't have to give out your real card number.

If they try to charge that temp card a second time, it will not allow it.

I'm not too familiar with all the particulars involving it, if there's a fee for usage, but it could be worth it, based on your experiences with a company like this.

28th of Sep, 2009

3 steps you can take now if you are a victim of this scam:

1. Chargeback. File a fraud charge with your credit card or bank and let them sort it out. They have more muscle to go after this sort of crime. Explain to them about all the consumer complaints that are on the internet and "insist" that they do charge-back or file a fraud charge. Your bank or credit card organization has all the tools necessary to find out where the charges are coming from, what business is involved, addresses and phone numbers connected to the charge and etc. You may not know or have access to this information. The banks and credit card org have all this at their fingertips and are obligated to handle the problem that has resulted.
    More info at: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

2. FTC. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Their job is to monitor and go after these types of scams. Go to: http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm

3. Attorney General. File a complaint with your state Attorney General and also with the Attorney General of Iowa (where a lot of the phone numbers and addresses seem to be located)
    Contact details here: http://www.naag.org/attorneys_general.php

If you live outside the US, you can file a complaint at www.econsumer.gov

7th of Dec, 2009

Here is the head office phone number and address for the Dazzlewhite scam company:

Just Think Media
    Legal@justthinkmedia.com
    Customer Service email: customerservice@justthinkmedia.com

Company Owner: Jesse Willms
    Address: 527, 52328 Range Road 233, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

More about this scam company and their history can be found here:

Where to file complaints:
    =====================

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Attorney General of Colorado and of your home state

Good luck to all who have been caught by these scammers!

And end to this scam and refunds of stolen money is our number one concern,

Thanks,

• Da
      4th of Jan, 2010

I order DazzleSmile! got the free sample, did not like it then was charged 80.00 on my card. called and told them I send it back they said they would look into it, and credit my card never did try calling they give you a other number to call and no help. is there some thing we can do to get our money back? we should not have to change our card for people like that I hope they get what is good for them and have to pay it all back, then they can see how we feel getting ripped off thanks Dam

• Sw
      13th of Dec, 2009

It started with $1.95 free trial from HEALTHSMILE-866-825-7477 and .99 from IMPROVE HEALTH-888-219-4353 charged on my Mastercard !!! After Receiving Dazzlesmile-888-948-5508 or Dazzlewhite-8669485508 I was charged $87.62 by ULTIFRESHWELL and $92.37 from BRITETTH for SMILEBRITE-877-804-3670 on my Mastercard, Even though I paid $ 14 to ship it back in 13 days with a tracking number !!! The scam is they charge you and use your money for months at a time and some don't even get a refund unless you can prove your info that you have probably lost!!! I got all the charges and phone numbers and would like to file a class action suit on these scam artists !!! I cancelled one back in Oct. and still haven't received a refund even though they received it back in 13 days with a tracking number !!! I'm glad I'm retired and I guess I'll have to give up coffee because it stains my teeth!!! lol!!!

• Li
      10th of Jun, 2016

Go to killphishing.com/historical-scam.htm and this company is part of a ring of scam artists and it tells you all of the different routes you can take to file a complaint against this company and also make sure that you click on the link and submit your information in detail where they are putting together a class action lawsuit against this company, I was scammed by Broma cleanse and Wytea and cancelled my card and will be sending off my investigation tomorrow, you can contact your bank and have them investigate the charges and credit it back. Hopefully this will help, if you need anymore assistance let me know.

• Di
      10th of Jun, 2016

Best thing to do is cancel your c/card and get a new one. That way they can't take any more money from you. If you don't and you don't cancel with ALL the bogus companies taking out of your account, you WILL continue to get stolen from.
    Cancelling with all the other companies is impossible, I tried, I was given wrong numbers time and again. Even if you do get to cancel with them all, there is no certainty they won't use another company to withdraw your money.

If you do manage to read a copy of the terms and conditions, there is a clause in it that says they reserve the right to change the terms and conditions without informing you. I.e. letting other 'companies' have your c/card details.

I can't stress enough, close your c/card and get a new one. Fully inform your bank of what has happened and hopefully they can recoup funds for you. At the very least, Dazzlewhite and its many guises will not be able to extort another penny from you.

• Su
      18th of Aug, 2009
    Dazzlewhite - scam artists
    dazzlewhite
    Lansing
    Michigan

DO NOT request a sample from Dazzlewhite. This is a rip-off. I received the product, found out what a scam it was and returned the product, unopened. Since then, not only have I not seen a refund but have been charged by two other companies that have partnered with Dazzlewhite to rip consumers off even more. When I called Dazzlewhite to complain I was told that unless I had the tracking number they couldn't do anything. How many peopole write down a tracking number when they receive a package delivered by the USPS and return it unopened? Um, maybe one in a million is the correct answer. I fell for this scam, as did millions of other people, don't be one of them. When I asked to be transferred to a supercvisor I was told they were all busy. Yeah, busy talking to irate customers like myself. Don't take no for an answer. Demand that your voice be heard by these con artists disguised as a ligit business.

• Cc
      1st of Jul, 2009

I am going to be charged that 58 something as well! It said that you have to RETURN the pen before the trial ends!!! I thought I could just cancel it like I did to Dentech Whitening (they're much nicer!!!) Don't know what to do? Help please!!!

• Th
      7th of Jul, 2009

I ordered the free trial. I did see it could work in time and the handling charge willing to pay. yesterday I received in the mail 3 cartridges I did not order-i
    Saw nothing in previous material that I would be sent or charges for more.
    I did not ask for more and do not need. I do not have a full set of teeth - I am 88 yrs old. I do not have any picture. I am trying dazzlewhite telling them

• Cy

Webaccess - 866-989-2685
    Axiswellnessportal - 888-279-0604
    United id - 888-792-6254
    Membership - 800-989-5907

If you need any of these phone numbers, you're already in trouble.
    Don't be gentle. you can get most of your money back.
    Certainly learned my lesson! good luck!

• Sz
      9th of Jul, 2009

When I saw what the charge was (12.97 instead of 1.99 for the free product and the charge for shipping) I cancelled right away and was given a cancellation number. I called my charge card and was told they also charged 67.00 plus the 13.00. the only way to stop it is cancell my card. I just called back long distance and have been on hold so long I hung up. do not buy from them. sz

• Zi
      6th of Oct, 2009

BEWARE VICTIMS: THERE IS ALSO AN INTERNATIONAL FEE BILLED BECAUSE THIS IS COMING FROM CANADA,
    TO "NOLAN", send us another apology about this extra being made public on your advertisement.

• Kb
      15th of Jul, 2009

Spoke to my CC provider, when I get all the cancellation #s I'm to call them back. I am out about $100 CA. Now been on hold with DzWht for 15 minutes...

• Bi
      18th of Jul, 2009

Yes this is a big bad mistake many are making and I wonder how long before someone closes these unscrupulous company's down. I think of myself as being pretty savvy on the internet and I read the ad closely, but still got suckered!
    When have you ever heard of a fee sample that had to be returned??? or you will be charged full price.

I have noticed that all of these complaint bolgs have a response from dazzlewhite, even these statements are deceptive, no where that I saw said they were going to charge you anything but shipping before trial period.
    Nor did I see anything about having to pay for a pen, that notice seemed to only appear on the email invoice.
    I also distinctly remember un-checking the boxes for the extra free trials but sure enough they were included on my invoice! along with heaven knows what else.
    This company not only misleads with their terms, but look closely at the before and after photos on the ad,
    Not the same teeth, look at gum line and the teeth, they could have done better to photoshop.

I have no idea if the product works or not but why take a chance with these company's, white teeth maybe? a ton of headaches for sure!
    If you have gone for the free sample, call and cancel right away, oh and call all the company's involved, call and cancel your credit card, now before you become another victim!

• Re
      24th of Jul, 2009

One more thing, No Matter what they say about not sharing your Information, DON'T believe it.
    Directly after my purchase the SPAM email started, Coincidence, I don't think so!

• Bu
      31st of Jul, 2009

Mark Adamson - Just think media - scammers

BBB rating = F
    We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Most complaints are regarding consumer order of a free trial sample of the product.
    In most cases, the free sample is never received and the consumer are charged $58.76 for monthly membership and monthly auto shipments which they did not realize they were signing up to.

As well consumers seem unaware that they are also signing up to an Insider Secrets Tips package and the Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook package for just $3.24 and $7.14 a month when signing up to the free trial process.

Name: Dazzle White
    www.dazzlewhitenow.com
    www.dazzlewhitemax.com
    www.cathysteeth.com
    Principal: Jesse Willms, Owner
    Customer Contact: Jesse Willms, Owner (FAR RIGHT IN PICTURE)
    File Open Date: July 2009
    TOB Classification: Internet Shopping Services, Business Opportunity Cos., Dental Equipment & Supplies
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: JDW Media LLC

BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, BBB may not have current information about the company.

The BBB fully encourages consumers with difficulties to use the BBB complaint recociliation process.

But in addition to filing a complaint with the BBB, the BBB STRONGLY suggests that consumers with concerns about this business contact the following organizations:

----------------

Hull, QC K1A 0C9

Phone: 1-800 348-5358
    Fax: 819 997-0324
    Website: www.competitionbureau.gc.ca

Complaints can be filed on-line under the "Contact Us" section of the website and they can also be faxed or mailed in.
    ----------------

The Internet Crime Department of the FBI.
    Website: www.ic3.gov
    Complaints can be filed online

Info on company location:
    2184 Channing Way #322
    Idaho Falls, ID 83404

This location was found to be a PO Box at a UPS store.

Advertising Review
    It should also be noted that the company's website has the following improperly linked seal images at the bottom of their website:

Security Certified
    Fraud Protection Guaranteed
    Trust-e (www.truste.org)
    McAfee Secure (www.mcafeesecure.com)
    VeriSign Secure (www.verisign.com)
    Additional Information
    This company is also linked to other companies:
    AcaiBurn, Credit Report America, DownloadMusicInc.com, Earn Cash Fast with Google, eDirect Software, Just THINK Media, Government Funded Grants, Pure Cleanse Pro & Wu Yi Tea.

There are separate reports on these companies available through www.bbb.org
    This company offers the Acai Nutraburst product on a 14 day trial basis conditionally upon enrollment in their home delivery program. By submitting an order for the trial offer, respondents agree to pay the non-refundable shipping & handling charge of $4.95 for the free trial bottle. If you cancel before the end of your 14-day trial period, you will not be charged anything else. Your 14-day trial period begins when you place your order and inc…
    Complainants allege misleading advertising, unauthorized credit card charges, receipt of unwanted merchandise, and difficulty implementing cancellation procedures. Some complainants allege that they agreed to a trial offer only, and was not aware they were enrolled in a continuity program. Customers complain after repeated attempts to cancel, shipments are stopped, but the company continues billing them monthly. In some cases complainants allege that the company sold their information and credit card number to another affiliates who also charged their credit cards for products or services. The company responds to most complaints by agreeing to refunds for returned bottles, or canceling shipments. Many complaints are unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate. Some complainants dispute that credits or refunds are actually received.
    Acaiburn.com
    » See more photos on TrustLink
    Web Site: http://www.acaiburn.com

Contact: Mark Adamson – Contact

Business Start Date: 1/19/2009

Summary and Analysis of customer complaints and company responses:
    The following shows the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:
    25 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
    439 Total

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2016

Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way.  Our goal is not to inconvenience our

customer’s .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located

directly to the top of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the top of the home page that opens up the terms and

conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course,

mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site, we are happy to offer you a full refund if you return the unused

product back to us. We have always honored our 30-day guarantee and will continue to do so.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you

may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at 8/6/6-528-6214 or visit our 24/7 live help at http://www.dazzlesmilepro.com/contactus.php and we

will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,

Thanks,

(Michelle Provitch)

• Er
      5th of Jan, 2010

Hello,

Sorry to hear that there was some confusion when you made your purchase. We take customer support very seriously and would like to work with you to resolve this situation. Many times, problems like this occur when people do not read our Terms of Service before they place an order. That's why we've placed our Terms of Service on the order page next to the box where you enter your credit card information. We've also placed a link to our terms on the home page for easy access. Yet, sometimes, people still fail to take the time to read it. If that was the case, I think we can resolve this situation quickly and easily. Simply return your unused portion to us today. If it has been less than 30 days since you placed your order we'll refund your money right away – as per our unconditional 30-day money back guarantee.

I do understand that you may have other questions and concerns. If so, we are ready, willing and able to help you out. Simply contact us by phone at 8*6*6-528-6214 or use our Live Chat help service located on our Contact Us page. Live Chat is designed to address most common problems and take you step by step through the cancellation process.

Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we want to resolve this situation as soon as we can.

ERICA PARRY