Davison Design and Development Incfraud + intellectual property infringement

1 Review updated:

Priceless invention on Power Generation without using fuel.
To cut the long story short. I conceived of the idea on 17th Oct 08. In my foolishness coveyed the idea by website to an AH named Gordon Novel. This website is encrypted and the contents of the encrypted reply promptly disappeared from my computer after a few days. Only the skeleton file remains saying that please go back to the form as you cannot submit a blank form. Anyways few days after my communication with Gordon Novel, I received an e mail from Davison Design And Development inc, in my spam folder, with all sort of info on invention hep blah blah blah. i started communicating with davison and eventually paid the USD 700 for pre development. They took 12 weeks to produce a no consequence portfolio. So I saw thru the scam. Originally Patricia Hickey was handling my case and she conveniently went missing. I have given her my invention and if she doent work for davison anymore, she is not bound by any etics that the company may have enforced on their employees. Anyways after that Martin Frings was responsible for my case. All that Martin Frings can say over the phone is Thanks Very Much. He does not respond on the e mail> although I am not worried about the 700 dollars, I am concerned that Davison will clandestinely use my invention for their benefit. This amounts to Intellectual Property Infringement, a very serious crime indeed. I am quite certain that Davison is into IP crime and defrauding all inventors who deal with them. although I have also complained about Davison to the Feds.

from Savvys Salgaonkar In India
My E mail: [protected]@yahoo.de
Tel +[protected]

Comments

• Bg
      Jul 22, 2009

You are lucky your only out the $700. Wait a bit longer, they will tell you they have a manufacturer in mind and they need $9-15, 000 to develop it. The 3d renderings wont look like anything close to your idea, that they had to change it to "meet the specifications of the manufactures equipment for mass production", blah blah blah. It will be mass mailed to the corporation, they will toss it aside as a unsolicited mailing and you will never have your phone calls returned again from your original key contact, PER THEIR POLICY. Ive heard it a thousand times. I worked there as a salesperson or a "Director of New Products". . I was one of their best, I had been given keys to a Davison owned BMW for my efforts in ripping people off (just in case any credibility of mine may be in question).

Dont do it. If you feel you must, please go blow your money at a craps table in Vegas...at least you'll have better odds.

BGF

• will you be a witness in a huge law suit.? You could own your own BMW. I just got totally ripped off.If you decide to be a witness let me know how I can contact you---or you can contact me.It doesn`t matter what you have done it`s how you are willing to fix it. I am contacting everyone on this website and ripoffrepot.com and anywhere else I can find victoms to shut these MFs down.

Jul 12, 2019

@Davison design`s worst nightmare You still trying and wanting to get this resolved??I do

Jul 31, 2009

I'm in the same boat, have not heard for over 6 months since my last payment. I thinking of every possible way to get my money back and shut down Davison. I don't know if it's going to work but I made all my payments on credit card (Mastercard) any payments of £50 should be insured. I recently called Matsercard and said I have been fruaded by Davison. They are placing an investigation on those payments, hopefully there is a chance of getting my money back. It's worth a try. Also I have created a website dedicated to anti Davison, it's basic but hopefully will do. There is a forum and other stuff. It would be nice to get lots of informaton under 1 roof rather than all other the Net. Please support me in closing down Davison by letting others know the truth before they waist their money. Please name and shame the individuals you have been in contact with. I thought Kevan Petracco was the main man for Director of new products, but it would look like he is one of many. Lets get together under one roof and shut these ### down. Check out www.davisonbeware.com. Many Thanks

• Ne
      Oct 24, 2009

Thanks for posting the complaints concerning Davison. I almost fell into this same trap, however, I sent an e-mail to someone whom I trusted and they sent to me a complaint posted on the scammers e-mail post, I read it and so the same scam (send to me $745.50 ) within 15 days was what I read in some else's complaint. Thanks for posting this complaint. These scammers, as far as, I am concerned, can go to :::: in a bread basket.

• Pa
      Apr 23, 2018

@nevermorenevermore seriously that sucks..so I got screwed too.

• Cl
      Nov 20, 2009

i have an idear for a new product that i want to get a patent on, so i contacted davison . a man called me by the name of paul baca he ask me about my product i told him the name that i have chosen for it; and that i believe it would be great for tennis players. this man was calling from the davison corp. now that i have read thease complaints i have decided to try and find someone else to help me so thanks to all of you for your iside info, . [protected]@embarqmail .com

Dec 15, 2009

I was contacted by a davidson design representative today . He basically asked me to talk about my idea, he mentioned that they work with different manufactures and that my idea could be made. He told me that they will contact me tommorow if the idea becomes approved. I have basically told this guy all about my idea and am afraid theyll use it for their own benefits with out ever calling me back. Am definetly not giving them a dollar but ive informed them of my idea which am sure they can use if they want. If anybody knows anything i can do about this contact me at [protected]@aol.com

Dec 30, 2009

well ladys and gents its still happening today as i and my investor shell out over 17, 000 to get my ideal built and got a coffee a picture of a plastic water tank they lie con you out of as much money as you can then they stop taking phone calls and you get the shaft what ever you do dont used them now i have to sue to get money back and i belive they sold my ideal to a diffrent company so if there is any witness or any one who would like to make a statement on this matter please contact [protected]@aol.com thanks all

•   Mar 06, 2010

What is an "ideal"? Or how about "idear"? Clarcie Brown you state you have an "idear". What on Gods green earth is an "idear"? And above me. Your comment is titled "davidson scam". Do you even know the company you're complaining about? I believe it's DAVISON (see above). And you want an "ideal" built? How do you even build an "ideal"?

• De
      Mar 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I paid Davison £3100 to develop my idea, they sent the worst "product Rendering you have ever seen, I complained loud and long, Davisons response was they offered to resolve the issues I had, after I paid them another £2000.
    The design Director asked me "what do you know about design"?, The new product director said we dont design products for you
    we design them for companies!It took 12 weeks to produce the design rendering, My eight year old grandson could have done
    better in one hour, I have complained to, The FTC, The USPTO and the Pennsylvania State Attorney, I have accepted the fact that I have been ripped off and I probably will not get my money back, But I will continue to complain about Davison to
    whoever will listen, I have phoned them many times from England I have emailed them, I have faxed them, very little response
    I spoke to the President of Davison, I told him I would not pay any more money for such poor workmanship, he said well you are walking away from the money you have already paid, I asked him to return the money I have paid and return everything to
    do with my Product Idea, he said speak to our lawyer, that was three weeks ago, I have heard nothing more.Many Thanks for
    allowing me this space to get it all off my chest.God Bless America.

• Cl
      Jul 09, 2010

Well im expecting a call from them on monday .to be honest i researched them and awit there call .they sent me a contract who the hell would sighn that .
    I know that when you have a lightbulb moment that this company preys on that, its a shame there is not an organisation thats real .i mean im not greedy i only expect 20-30 per cent royalty,
    so have begun talking to an enginering companyan dwill do it myself but i will pose some questions to them as i think it will be a case of them hanging up .i got another e mail asking for ideas man these guys are not that clever a bit like the nigerian lottery or such other things

• Ne
      Jul 22, 2010

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

I feel terrible for falling for these [censor]! Shame on them!

• Fr
      Aug 21, 2010

Same here $12, 000 as of 8/21/2010 and the final product did not meet my expectations even though I had them send it back to Inventionland twice. Got ahold of the Western Ps BBB and they contacted them and they said I signed the contract, BUT I wrote that I did not like it and they said it would be changed by the company that bought the license agreement. Any attorneys out there that can help me? [protected]@embarqmail.com

• Fr
      Aug 21, 2010

That is Western Pa BBB

• Sc
      Sep 03, 2010

TO: NEVERDAVISON, if you read the agreement before signing in the begining, you would see that you are not allowed to contact the companies they are targeting to sell your product to. They didn't do anything wrong in telling you that the information contact you were inquiring about was confidential. They don't promise you anything and it clearly states it on the application. After reviewing all of these complaints, I'm now very sceptical in going forward with my idea which I already shared with the company. I just had to run to the bank and close both my savings and checking accounts because I sent in the payment form to get things going today. The rep, Vincent Mitchel, told me originally that it was going to be a $695 fee, but then told me about an hour later that it was changing to $749 the next day and would try his best to get my application in before then. Another 30 min later, I was told that there was a standard 48 hour processing time and had to wait and therefore, I would have to pay the new fee. I asked why it went up and he had no answer for me. "Oh, they just have meetings every day and sometimes the fee changes." Okay, fine. Dup me for another fifty bucks. Thanks. I'm just going to do some more research before I start dishing out any more money. Good thing the bank closes late on Fridays!!!

• Fo
      Sep 20, 2010

I just got to the point where they asked me for the $ 745. They are calling me back tomorrow to see if I am for it.
    After seeing all this complaints I am going to tell them to *** off.. I gave them 2 more ideas that they told me they would not be interested. I am afraid all is going to be stolen and used without me seeing 1 penny of benefit.
    I can not believe that these people can get away with this so easy in this country.. Where are the law enforcements????

foncho18

Oct 08, 2010

I just talked to davison yesterday and they going to call me today but they aint going to get a dame from me they ask me for 745 they will get the wheels rolling not now .

josephf

• This post is addressed to the above comment of Deleon36, or Mr. Ernest Smith, as he is known to Davison.

You have made a strong, but completely unsupported, statement concerning your experience with Davison. You provided no details, so the company will describe what you experienced from its point of view. The company believes that you have no basis for your claim and that you should remove it.

Before you submitted your product idea, you were given two written disclosure statements that informed you of the number of product ideas the company has received in the past five years, the number of contracts the company offered on those ideas, the number of product ideas that were licensed and the number that made a profit. They also stated that the company does not evaluate product ideas. Thus, you were informed in writing twice that new product development was risky and of the specific, limited odds of successful licensing and profit. Your idea was accepted by the company only after you acknowledged that you received and read the information.

When services were offered to you, they were in written form. The first contract also included a notice describing all of the various contracts the company usually offers, the services offered and the estimated price for those services. Through this document, you were fully informed of all of the anticipated fees before you spent any money. Every contract informed you that the company was making no representations or guarantees that your idea would be licensed, patented or profitable.

You purchased research, design and sample construction services from Davison. You approved all of those services in writing. You sent feedback forms to Davison in which you gave the company nothing but positive feedback on its work. You were also given the opportunity to attempt to save costs by submitting your own sample or getting it from another supplier.

You weren’t scammed-- you were disappointed by an outcome that you knew was likely. The reason that you knew it was likely was because all of the risks of new product development were disclosed to you in advance. People are often disappointed when their ideas don’t take off the way that they think they should; however, with all of the information, disclosures and approvals that passed between you and the company, it is extremely unfair of you to complain now in this forum.

Your file and idea information have been sent to our Compliance Department. They will be looking into your complaint and will be in contact with you to attempt to find out if you have any other concerns and to resolve any that can be resolved.

• Ju
      Oct 24, 2010

I, too have been scammed. In April 2008 came up with an invention that would save people's lives, and a visit from the fire department. An electronic stove alarm something that would tell someone that they left the stove on. Davison jumped on it. we spent almost 20, 000. the first time they came up with something that was just so stupid, I complained and had Gordon Davison and the design team come up with something that would do it. over to licensing.. this is an alarm product. please present it to an alarm corporation.. well first it went to an informercial corp. no go, next to a farm equipment corp. no go. Mr. Dan Simbect, the person in charge of licensing wanst us to choose from 5 corp. not our job,
    right now we are in touch with George Davison, i gave him an option. either get it to a corp. that will accept it, or we want all materials involving this product, including the prototype.
    If any of you out there thinks Davison is stealing their idea, go to their website and check out 27 pages (6 to a page) products.. that is 162 inventions.. 125 are owned by Davison.
    so either he is a master of invention or he is stealing your dreams.
    I will hear from George tomorrow, he is not a nice man, the email he sent my husband was not nice. if he give me any of this attitude he will not get the 2 weeks, if we have to we will travel down there and get what we paid for. if they have a prototype of your invention, get it from them. you paid for it.
    these ones that gave an idea but did not pay for it, well davison stole it. and making money. if you see the stores their products are in and the other peoples products very lop sided in their favor. and the majority has not seen a profit.
    our product will save injury and lives, kitchen fires, and insurance.
    they are NOT getting that to benefit themselves.
    We paid over 15000.00 for it. we are the client. It's ours.
    Will keep it touch with you all and let you know what happens . and they should be shut down. why haven't they?

• This post is addressed to the above comment of Judylyn66, or Mrs. Judy Drysdale, as she is known to Davison.,

Mrs. Drysdale:

We are attempting to get your product idea licensed. Although you have concerns and continue to push our licensing teams to ensure you make money, you need to understand that we have never promised you that you would make money. As we write this our team continues to attempt licensing, however, it takes time and you are insistent that it happen immediately. Our goal is to communicate professionally with you while attempting to pursue licensing, but your aggressive posturing, defamatory comments and unnecessary disparagement are not helping.

As you are very aware, our design team has redesigned and engineered your prototype numerous times. Each new rendition of the product sample was provided to you at no further cost. You have approved all design work

Maybe you should take our New Product Sample Agreement to a local engineering and prototype firm to have them price out the work that we have performed. That will help you gain an understanding of the value you have received. If you choose to do that, what you’re going to find is that you have received an unbelievable bargain for the work that was accomplished. Most prototype houses would have charged you far more for the work that was accomplished.

We are always proud of the final product design solutions that we present to the clients and understand how you can be excited. However, your project has now entered the “business world” segment of the new product development cycle and manufacturers think and perform with their stakeholders in mind – meaning that we can’t force them to license your invention. Attempting to force us to find a company to license your invention is simply unrealistic. Hopefully, a manufacturer, the right manufacturer, will choose to licensee the invention.

Since you have elected to publish your relationship with our firm on this public forum, we have looked into the matter and provided the following factual information below.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Submitting her Idea and Spending any Money with Davison (client signature or electronic acknowledgement on file)

AIPA (American Inventors Protection Act of 1999) – Description of Davison services and costs. Summary of number of contracts, licensed products and profitable products. Statement that no evaluation of the product idea would be performed.
    AD (Affirmative Disclosure) – Description of Davison’s success rate over the last 5 years, including disclosure of total number of ideas submitted to the company, number of contracts offered, number of contracts entered into, licenses and profitable products. Statement that no evaluation of the product idea would be performed.

To summarize, you received two written disclosures that told you that it was very unlikely that you would have your product licensed or make any money on it, but you are complaining because you have not gotten your product licensed or made any money.

Signed & Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Davison Performing Pre-Development Work (client signature & payment info on file)

Pre-Development Agreement – Cost and description of Davison work to be performed for research and representation for licensing.

Signed & Returned by Judy Drysdale After Receiving the Pre-Development Work (research) (client signature on file)

Client Approval Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to clients to provide their input feedback on Pre-development work performed. Client gave positive feedback.

Signed & Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Davison Performing Design & Development Work (design) (client signature & payment info on file)

New Product Sample Agreement – Cost and description of Davison work to be performed for design development of the idea for a targeted corporation.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale at the Design Stage of the Idea (client signature on file)

Virtual Rendering – Image of product design sent to the client for approval. Client signed and approved the design.
    Virtual Rendering Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to client to provide their input feedback on the design.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale after the Development of the Idea (client signature on file)

Executive Summary – Photograph of actual prototype with a summary of the idea and its intended purpose
    Executive Summary Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to client to provide their input feedback on the product sample.
    Shipping Approval Form – (5) sign off areas giving Davison approval to proceed with the agreed upon idea design to the targeted corporation

Judy Drysdale Changes her mind and Davison Provides at No Additional Charge to her (client emails on file)

Re-design of Idea – no additional cost to the client
    Target & present new design to additional companies – no additional cost to the client

Judy Drysdale and the Idea Review Process with Companies (client emails on file)

Judy Drysdale did not want to wait for the company that was considering her product idea to review it within that company’s timeline. She demanded an answer and to have her product pulled from the company reviewing it. Therefore, the company reviewing the product idea declined to license her product.

Judy Drysdale did not agree with the other targeted companies Davison selected.
    Davison provided Judy Drysdale with 7 additional companies to choose from. Judy Drysalde refused to select a company.

Finally, a word about timing

Judy Drysdale submitted her product idea to Davison in April of 2009. Her complaint makes it look as if Davison has had her idea for an extra year. She paid for Davison’s services in June of 2009. The company has been trying to design, construct and license her product idea for about 16 months, including the time that has been spent redesigning and rebuilding. Please consult any expert or reference on new product development and you will learn that it takes far longer for most products to go from concept to working sample to license, if they ever reach that point at all.

Conclusions

After you had approved all of the company’s work in writing, you gave written approval for the company to attempt to license your product idea and only when it was not licensed did you voice a complaint. In an effort to make you happy the company went above and beyond to help you with additional designs & presentations at no additional cost to you.

You weren’t “scammed”-- you were disappointed by an outcome that you knew was likely. The reason that you knew it was likely was because all of the risks of new product development were disclosed to you in advance. People are often disappointed when their ideas don’t take off the way that they think they should; however, with all of the information, disclosures and approvals that passed between you and the company, it is extremely unfair of you to complain now in this forum.

Your product sample was shipped to you on October 28, 2010 at your request. The company wishes you the best of luck in its future development and promotion.

Should you wish to continue working with Davison in the future, please contact our Consumer Affairs Department

Oct 29, 2010

After reading all this i really dont know what to do, up to yesterday i was in talks with Davison its now time to develop my product a company has been targeted .the cost of the next stage is almost six grand which i dont have so ive been put on the back burner .Ive been wracking my brains thinking of how to come up with the money, and decided to sell my supra which i garaged four years ago it was a hard decison as i love this car, but now, what to do im unemployed construction jobs here in ireland have totally vanished, its all i know so i need something to work for me .Im tempted to proceed as i think my idea wil fly as there is nothing out there like it (this i am sure of) it does solve a serious problem we all face .
    But now im just scared to proceed

• Davison has noticed this blog regarding its ability to develop inventions and attempt to get them licensed. We encourage any inventor with an idea to get all the facts before attempting to choose a route to go with their idea. We can answer any questions regarding our services through [protected]@davisoninvents.com and we encourage anyone with a complaint about our services to send their complaint to the same address. Below is an outline of our services that we provide, and how the Davison process works.

Step One: All potential clients must acknowledge that invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that invention submitters understand that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that profit is unlikely.

Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we often offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents of inventions that are similar or perform the same function as the idea submitted and information on other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration.

The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. Therefore, to somehow suggest that those who purchase our service get “ripped off” is untrue. We can only ask that clients re-read the agreements and compare our services to other companies. You will find our pricing to be very reasonable.

We wish you the best of luck with your invention or idea.

Nov 09, 2010

to davison chirf, why would anyone complain to a thief as you have given an e mail add and all.

• In
      Dec 03, 2010

The employees at Davison don't give 2 [censored]'s about your invention. The salesman (director) is just making a commission, the designer is just making a per-project commission passing your idea to the guy in China who works on your engineering and graphics and has no idea what's going on, and you just get a crappy end product. Oh ya..the China people...they never tell you that part do they. LOL.

• In
      Dec 03, 2010

This place is not so much as a scam, but more of a misleading parasite. They don't tell you that they send your idea to China for development. They don't tell you that the director/salesmen makes a commission on your idea...don't tell you that the so-called designer gets paid on a commission to hurry though your idea...your whole invention idea is just a hamburger to be flipped for someone's paycheck. Your life's dream is just someone's hamburger. Sorry. I used to work there. It sucks. Do your research before buying. If you spend the money, it's your fault, plain and simple. Sorry.

• We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

CCA
    Can you please explain your presentation process of targeted possible companies
    IE do Davison present in person the product .Explain fully the advantages of the new possible product .
    As we all know its all about how one comes across to the targeted company, your belief and vigor while presenting .

Dec 05, 2010

good grief sending ideas to china. so i was always right about the intellectual propery infringe ment.
    further more i told davison i have already developed a working prototye on my own and yet they kept asking for the payment for prototype

savvy

• Am
      Dec 20, 2010

I have worked with Davison Designs for 2 years now. I have read the comments stated by consumers. When I first contacted Davison Designs I gave them my idea and they gave me back a drawing better than the one I gave them. I paid them the money and they built me a working prototype. I was concerned with the progress they claim they have done, so I contacted Davison Designs and asked them to send my prototype to me and I paid for the shipping and handling. Days later I received the prototype and to my astonishment the damn prototype worked. I was very pleased with my invention they did for me. I asked them why didn't you use my original design and they claimed to manufacture a product must be cheap and simple plus affordable.

They have always returned my calls and emails. I work with Wilma Wallace at Davison Designs and she always returns my calls and emails. They present to companies with a fee so I pay the fee and put together a presentation for them. Before I sent my presentation I asked people to view it to get their opinions and I consolidated everyone's opinion to put together a Master Presentation. I must say an invention is like a business, you have to start up from the bottom and continue and continue. My name is Jerry C. and I believe in the company.

When I first started with Davison they took my idea, then out of concerned I sent them two other ideas that were bogus with bogus names and they did not accept them with letters of apology. If they were scam artist they would have accepted my bogus invention but they didn't. I spent about 10 grand on them and I got results. I mean come on invention cost a lot of money. Davison engineers and designs new products from scratch a lot cheaper then molding companies that can cost up to 35, 000 dollars with engineers and designing . After you get the prototype you will need marketing that can cost tens of thousands of dollars. What I am trying to say is if you are not happy with the design they did tell them and they will modify it. If you have ideas for your presentation tell them and they will utilize it. Good luck guys and I wish everyone success, and Yes I am a Davison Customer. I am just waiting on the licensing presentation with companies to see the final results with this company.

• Re
      Jan 03, 2011

This comment goes out to Jerry C. Of course you would post a positive comment for Davison Design...you are probably employed by them. Well...this goes out to all who work for Davison Design, Mr. George Davison (if that is really your name), Jack Burley, and Wilma Wallace.."WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND"!!!

DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE $26 MILLION LAWSUIT IN 2006? Shame on all of you!!!

Jan 06, 2011

No need to state my name just facts about the Company. I came in contact around November of 2010. After the agreed form was signed I was contacted numerous times on when I could pay the fee. I made it very clear that I had to pay for an extra group of children who without my help would not have a Christmas. I thought I made that very clear ... Well Apparently I didn't and recieved another call right before Christmas wanting the fee. The man that I'm dealing with stated that I could write it off on my taxes. The idea seemed awesome but the joy of the kids opening their presents on Christmas day seemed better. I have now changed my mind with the Company. I didn't do my invention for myself but for animals and to save them. My heart led me to believe that this would happen and an unplanned dream was about to take off. Best of luck to all that works with them. I'm only out $20 and take it as a lesson learnt.

• We
      Jan 10, 2011

I really don't know what to think of all the previous remarks.I recently submitted what seems to be a pretty valid product idea to Davison, if nothing else, I would like to buy the product if it existed.Certainly it appears from reading all the above info it may be a truly risky venture and maybe one not worth venturing without better education in such field, any positive info on how to go about such ventures would be openly welcomed! signed, welder/inventor

• We don’t know who “American Jerry” is but we do appreciate him or her taking some time to describe their customer service experience with the company. We also do not know who Revenge is Sweet! is but implying that George Davison’s name is fictional is preposterous and silly. George Davison is the CEO of Davison Design and Development and has been since it was first incorporated in 1989. Geez . . . just go to the website.

Davison is well ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance with strict regulatory control, which among other things provides inventors with greater transparency and written terms and conditions. All clients and even potential clients are provided risk statements through an Affirmative Disclosure and the American Inventor Protection Act disclosure. No other company on the globe can compete based on the quality of product design and development services at the price points we offer. What we have learned over the years is that inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. You have to be willing to accept that inventing is high risk with no guarantees of profits.

Furthermore, in our disclosures we describe all of the work that typically goes into a new product development and how much it typically costs. And, yes there was an advertising and marketing lawsuit filed in 1997 by the FTC and settled in 2008. Within the settlement Davison agreed to provide more risk statements and greater transparency. Inventing is high risk. If you take a few minutes and look at the history of the FTC they have had lawsuits with thousands of companies pertaining to consumer protection issues and to company mergers and acquisitions. We are in complete agreement with the FTC’s desire for greater transparency and that’s why we are ahead of the curve when it comes to regulatory control and disclosures. You need to understand that this 14 year old lawsuit had nothing to do with customer service or invention design and development processes. We thank “American Jerry” for describing his or her experience and we hope to continue to better serve competently.

We are in the business of building product samples and packaging. When you are in business you are obliged to pay the staff, taxes, operation expenditures, vendors, telephone companies, utility companies, and so forth. You need to realize that being in business costs money and that charging fees has nothing to do with the old lawsuit, but we do run into anonymous bloggers such as yourself that just have a negative mindset. If you would take the time to visit our website you’ll learn that our company provides much greater transparency into the world of inventing then any other company.

We would like to note the fact that in the past competitors have posted false and malicious comments and questions about us on the internet. Instead of choosing to compete by offering economic product design, development and packaging services they have chosen to confuse consumers by posting false information on blogs. We believe that a large percentage of complaint blogs are devised in a fashion to defame. Simply put, our staff of over 250 people and their families don’t deserve to be defamed by some anonymous poster. In general, companies are no longer letting anonymous posters on the internet get away with intentionally harming their reputations. We suggest the poster read Complaintsboard.com legal disclaimer concerning personal liability for posts.
    For over 20 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations and manufacturers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.
    Quick facts about Davison and our process
    • Davison is based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
    • Davison has been in business since 1989.
    • Davison products have been sold by over 700 stores & online retailers.
    • Davison designs products for both individuals and corporate clients.
    • Davison has over 250 staff members.
    • Davison has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
    • Davison is a member of the Online Business Bureau.
    • Davison's services include research, prototype development, and packaging design.
    We don’t know why you’re taking issue with us but we encourage any questions or concerns to be brought to our attention at [protected]@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help.
    Thank you for your time.

Jan 11, 2011

hi to all
    Davison can you please explain to the full, how you present customer products to possible buyer compaines

First, Davison hopes that you understand that it cannot provide every detail of how it presents a product idea for licensing. Some parts of its process, just like parts of its pre-development and development services, are proprietary and confidential. However, this should give you a good idea of what occurs:

All communications with potential licensees are performed on a confidential basis. No discussions will occur without Confidentiality Agreements in place or Non-Disclosure forms agreed upon by all parties prior to any discussions or disclosures of any intellectual property information owned by the clients/inventors. Some potential licensees refuse to agree to confidentiality and, in those instances, we will not disclose the idea unless the client consents. Furthermore, all clients agree and acknowledge which potential licensees will be contacted on their behalf prior to any release of information. The client is provided information stating how many presentations that Davison has made to that potential licensee and how many license agreements have resulted. Discussions with potential licensees can occur via phone, email or in person. The typical company requests to see some type of depiction of the product idea first. Davison follows up and if the potential licensee expresses further interest in the product idea and wants to see the product sample and packaging, it is provided. If the potential licensee indicates that it would be interested if certain changes are made, Davison makes those changes without further charge to the client. Finally, if the company expresses interest in licensing the product idea, we discuss the terms and provide a license agreement. If the product idea is turned down, Davison offers services to recreate presentation materials for another company for $355. That fee also includes creating a new package and refurbishing the sample, if needed.

We hope you found the above helpful, but if you want additional information on anything concerning the company, please email [protected]@davisoninvents.com

• Sh
      Jan 13, 2011

i was contacted by davison today and presented my idea should i go ahead and send the money or liston to all these negative things people are saying?

• My
      Jan 13, 2011

I've been wrkg with Davison since 2008 and I agree things haven't been moving along as fast as I would like. However I'm trying to stay hopeful they will in fact make it happen. I'm not made of money and they know this. My communications have been brief and it's frustrating to say the least but I'm rolling with the program. All I can say is my dream is my creation and they only control what I will allow. If Davison reads this I say don't let me down I'm placing faith you won't. My idea is a special part of me and I wanna share it with the world and see it used everyday will be a rewarding experience as long as I'm not scammed by the company I've placed trust in. Thank you from: surprise AZ

Jan 13, 2011

shipps. shovel ... Are you worried about the out come of your project ? Take a step back and really think about it .

Jan 13, 2011

To address EVERYONE else... The one bad thing I do have to say is the PRESSURE I came to the company with an idea! Don't keep asking for money and when can I pay ? Asking me over and over don't you want to do this? I have voicemail one after another. I had to finally turn my phone off during office hours because I have a regular job and can't take calls whenever. I really wanted this to work out but thinking it's a blessing and I know people at your company has to get paid and don't work for free but damn it don't rush things . This just goes to show that some of your staff is not trained enough or this isn't real . Go ahead with your long paragraph and tell me where I'm wrong . I can prove all the missed calls and the voicemails. I'm really not trying to run your staff in the ground so I will leave names out of this.

• Sh
      Jan 13, 2011

no after reading all this stuff on this page i am worried about getting scamed

• Co
      Jan 18, 2011

A) Davison, under a similar business name, was sued for 26 million (by the Federal Trade Commission) and found responsible because they were providing false and/or misleading claims of success to inventors. Now, they carefully identify that they are not an invention service, but a product design/marketing firm (or however they are going to identify themselves). For reference, I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) Davison won an appeals court stay of the original verdict. A higher court overturned the appeals court ruling. Eventually, Davison (under the slightly different name) settled for a little over 10 million dollars. If you want to find it out, feel free to search "Davison lawsuit" or a similar set of terms.

C) Davison, as they exist as of this posting, has a Better Business Bureau Rating of an F (on a scale of A+ to F). They have over 230 complaints and, due to a number of other factors including the legal trouble above, they still have the lowest possible rating by the better business bureau. If you doubt the numbers, check for yourself.

C) Forbes Magazine published an article about the "old" Davison company that seems to be the current company they have now, but without calling them inventions.

D) Davison Products tells you that you MOST LIKELY WILL NOT be successful on paper (this is their legal defense and let me tell you, it's airtight). However, they indicate that you can be the one product that is successful. When you look at a completed product list, ask yourself "How many of these do I know or see in a store?" They can sell items online and consider them stores (as noted by their reference to Amazon in their current issue of their Gazette).

E) Davison claims to have a vested interest in the success of your product because they take 10 to 20% of royalties if the product sells. Davison makes 100% of the fees you pay to them. They simply add in the 10% because it makes many people feel they have a better chance.

F) Davison's current legal contract is AIRTIGHT in many cases because they straight up tell you that they don't have to tell you many pieces of information and that if your product is not successful then so what? In most cases, you as the creator pay for all of the product design, development and marketing. There is very little expense that Davison takes on, yet they charge numerous fees.

G) And, to round out this list, Davison has a person who has responded to many previous posts identifying indivual customers by name and attempting to discredit their complaints. However, Davison's responses all go back to the fact that they do not guarantee an outcome or result and that each person was given notice of the lack of chances of success. However, do you think that all of these people were given such a drab outlook on this business endeavor? If you had someone telling you that you had less than a 2% chance of success and you are now going to invest $12, 000 in this idea, how many people would take that up? Or, do you think that the more likely explanation is that the 2% success rate isn't really harbored on in the early stages? Or, is it more like "Ok, now we all know that not all inventions are successful, but you're talking about a revolutionary new invention called the "Answer this Listinator" and man, this product could be so successful that we would love to work with you in developing...

Feel free to check my facts.

I look forward to the response from the advocate on this one.