David's Bridal / LOST MY DRESS, ACCESSORIES, AND ABOVE ALL NOT HELPFUL AND EXTREMELY RUDE.

1 Mobile, AL, United States

LET ME START OFF FROM THE BEGINNING...

I WAS ENGAGED IN 2007' AND AS SOON AS THE NEWS GOT OUT I DID WHAT MOST GIRLS DO AND SEARCHED ON DAVIDSBRIDAL.COM FOR IDEAS ON THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PLANNING "THE DRESS" AS I WAS SEARCHING I CAME UPON THIS BEAUTIFUL GOWN. IT WAS "THE ONE" I JUST KNEW IT! I SAW THE PRICE $800.00 AND, I THOUGHT I'D NEVER GET THIS DRESS B/C IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE AND, ABOVE MY MOTHER'S BUDGET. I TRIED TO ERASE THE THOUGHT OF THIS DRESS BECAUSE IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN...AND, BEING A PLUS-SIZE GIRL IT'S IMPORTANT TO LOOK GOOD AND FEEL GREAT IN A DRESS. I JUST KEPT LOOKING AT OTHER DRESSES AND, KNEW THERE WOULD BE MORE DRESSES AT THE STORE I'D BOUND TO BE HAPPY WITH. ABOUT 8 MONTHS LATER IN FEB. OF 2008 MY MOTHER, MOTHER-IN-LAW, AND FRIEND ARRIVED AT DAVID'S IN MOBILE, AL BEGINNING THE SEARCH OF A DRESS. THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE US DOWN AS AN APPOINTMENT AFTER THE COUNTLESS REMINDER CALLS I RECEIVED AND ANSWERED. I SHRUGGED IT AND, THOUGHT IT WAS THE TINIEST THING TO WORRY ABOUT B/C I WASN'T GOING TO LET ANYTHING RUIN MY DAY. THE CONSULTANT WAS FRIENDLY BUT, NOT HELPFUL. I WAS NICE AND, TRIED ON THE DRESSES THAT SHE HAND PICKED BUT, DID NOT FIND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I DECIDED TO LOOK FOR MYSELF AND, CAME UPON THE DRESS THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVED ON THE WEB-SITE 8 MONTHS PRIOR. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO TRY IT ON AND, JUST HAVE 5-MIN OF BLISS IN MY CINDERELLA GOWN. I STEPPED OUT INTO THE MIRROR AND, IN FRONT OF THE OTHER BRIDES AND, MY MOTHER'S. I FELT BEAUTIFUL AND, EVERYONE STOPPED AND STARED. MY MOTHER BEGAN TO CRY AND, SAID THAT IT WAS THE ONE. SHE DID NOT CARE HOW MUCH IT WAS BUT, THAT IT WAS PERFECT AND, SHE WOULD DO THIS FOR ME BECAUSE I DESERVED IT. WE PURCHASED THE DRESS AND, ORDERED IT IN A SMALLER SIZE. WE WOULD HOLD IT THERE UNTIL THE WEDDING.

ALMOST A MONTH LATER I HAD SOME SCARY BUT, EXCITING NEWS I WAS 6 WEEK SPREGNANT. THE WEDDING WAS IN THE END OF JUNE AND, BY THAT TIME I WOULD BE AROUND 6 MONTHS PREGNANT. WE POSTPONED THE WEDDING UNTIL AFTER THE BABY. NOAH WAS DUE OCTOBER 9TH, 2008! MY MOTHER CALLED DAVID'S AFTER THE NEWS OF NOAH TO ASK IF THEY CAN HOLD THE DRESS UNTIL THE WEDDING BUT, IT WOULDN'T BE UNTIL THE FOLLOWING YEAR. THEY ABSOLUTELY AGGREED AND, SAID IT WAS NO PROBLEM! TO JUST CALL WHEN WE WERE READY. WELL, DURING THE PREGNANCY I HAD ALOT OF COMPLICATIONS AND, A BAD AFTER-BIRTH C-SECTION THAT LEFT ME BED RIDDEN FOR 2 MONTHS. ALONG, THIS MY MOTHER FELL ILL WITH BLADDER DISEASE THAT LED HER TO DISABILITY AND, THE LOST OF HER MOTHER AND, MY GRANDMOTHER. NOT TO MENTION FINANCIAL PROBLEMS DUE TO THE ECONOMY WE CAME THROUGH IT ALL AND, MY FIANCE AND I DECIDED WITH MY PARENTS AND HIS TO GO WITH THE WEDDING FOR SOME HAPPINESS IN OUR LIFE. IN FEB. WE CALLED TO VERIFY THE PICKUP OF MY DRESS BUT, GUESS WHAT ? THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE DRESS AND, DIDN'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS. STATED THEY TRIED TO CALL US TO PICK IT UP MONTHS PREVIOUS BUT, NO ONE ANSWERED. I WAS DEVESTATED BUT, NOT NEARLY AS MUCH AS MY MOTHER. THEY WERE BEING INCONSIDERATE AND, RUDE ABOUT THE ORDEAL. WE WERE TOLD WE COULD NOT RECEIVE A DISCOUNT AND, NOT TO MENTION A REFUND. AFTER 3 WEEKS OF NO WORD. I I EVEN CAME TO THE POINT WHERE ANOTHER DRESS WOULDV'E BEEN FINE BUT, THE MANAGER DEBBIE? SAID NO. MY MOTHER CALLED CORPORATE TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION AND, THEY WERE UPSET WITH THEIR MOBILE MANAGEMENT. OH, AND THE DRESS WAS DISCONTINUED! THEY CALLED BACK THE NEXT DAY STATING THEY HAD THE ORDER AT THE MAIN WEARHOUSE. THEY WOULD UPS THE ORDER DIRECTLY TO OUR ADDRESS. 7-10 DAYS. WELL, 15 DAYS LATER...NO DRESS. WE CALLED YESTERDAY AND, THE MANAGER WAS IN DENIAL AND BASICALLY BLAMING UPS AND, STATED THEY SHIPPED IT OFF APRIL 2ND. SHE CALLED AND MADE SURE "WE" GAVE HER THE CORRECT ADDRESS. WHICH IS A YES AND, THE ONLY ADDRESS I HAVE. SHE NEVER ONCE APOLOGIZED! MY MOTHER CALLED HER TO VERIFY THEY DID NOT HAVE THE DRESS THERE AND SHE SAID NO. TODAY "WE" CALLED BACK AND, THEY SAID THAT THEY DID IN FACT HAVE THE DRESS THERE! BUT, THE PENSACOLA DAVID'S BRIDAL MANAGER HAD TO DROP OFF MY CORSET FOR UNDERNEATH MY DRESS B/C THE CONDITION WAS WORN DOWN FROM THE OTHER ONE. SO, MY FATHER HAD TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO MOBILE FROM WHERE WE LIVE TO PICK UP MY DRESS. IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. I HAVE GIVEN THEM ALOT OF BUSINESS BRIDESMAID AND ALL AND NOT ONCE WAS OFFERED A DISCOUNT OR NOTHING. THANKYOU DAVID'S FOR ALMOST RUINING MY DAY!

Me