CVS Pharmacy / CVS Caremark / rip off drug prices
I have two questions for you. The first- I currently purchase 2 prescriptions each month. Before I meet my deductible I pay $4.04 for one and $4.83 for the other. As soon as I meet my deductible it goes up to $10.00 per prescription. I have called both my local CVS pharmacy and Blue Cross. I was told by CVS that they had gone to the 90 day refills and that is why I was charged the $10.00 since I was not getting 90 days worth which makes no sense because in January it went back down to the four dollar amounts. Blue Cross says that it is paying the amount that CVS submits. My question to you is why are the amounts changing. It has nothing to do with what prescription plan I am under. It seems that you are billing Blue Cross extra once I reach my deductible which is not right. I should be paying the same amount as before I reach my deductible as after.
The second issue is for a prescription for Clebetasol Prop .05% foam. As you can see from my records I paid $195.17. When I returned home I called 3 other pharmacies one of them another CVS to see what they would charge for this. Imagine my surprise when I found out that (and these are retail prices) all were lower than the CVS that I use. One almost half. I also learned from the other CVS that the price quoted of $175.99 would be less once she determined what type of insurance that I had. I cannot understand why there would be a $25.00 difference in 2 stores in the same area. Walgreens was $134.99 and Midtown Pharmacy was $89.93. Quite a difference. I wrote this letter to CVS in RI over a month ago with a request that they respond in a timely manner. As of this date I have heard nothing from them. I had this problem about 10 years ago with their pharmacy and quit using them. I tried again and this is what happens. I can unequivocally state that I will never ever use them again.
More CVS Pharmacy / CVS Caremark Complaints & Reviews
- CVS Pharmacy - missing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription. 
- CVS / Pharmacy - being falsely accused by loss prevention!! 
- CVS - customer service 
- CVS / Pharmacy - mistreatment by manager 
- CVS Pharmacy - not responsiveness 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy complaint not refilling prescriptions
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy staff rude and refusal to use restroom
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - rude employees / pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - fraudulent email