Custom Silk Creations / No answer to email

1 FL, United States Review updated:

The bride to be found this business on online and decided to use them. I admit the work seems very well done. We ordered in like February. We went through the entire process and everything seemed fine. Until now. We are getting married Aug. 30th and have yet to get our flowers. We have emailed and called to see if we can get a tracking number only to be ignored. We did get an email from "Debbie" at CSC that said "There is nothing wrong with your order it is done and it does look shipped but I am writing her a huge note. For her to call you this evening." That was the last thing we heard. I waited up to 12am EST (1am here) and nothing. This on a work night too. Looking on this board it seems that Susan has spent some time here so this is what I'm forced to do.

This complaint is not against her workmanship as I have YET to see it first hand.
It is not saying I have not received the order before the wedding as we have untill Friday for that.

It IS what feels like being ignored. A simple "Hi. Your order was shipped <Blank> and here is the tracking number. (If any)

With the wedding only days away and budget tight I would hate to have to go local and try to get something thrown together. If the order doesn't arrive on time we'll refuse the shipment as part of the special notes in the order was that the wedding was the 30th of this month. We should of had these a month ago.

Comments

9th of Sep, 2008

CSC is not professional at all!!! I have been supposed to recieve my orders a month ago and here it is a week from the wedding and i still haven't even recieve my picture of the flowers. I have tried several times to contact her and no answer and she doesn't return calls at all either. And the emails i do get really don't tell you anything or they lie about that they are working on the order. PLease Brides do not use CSC!!! I think she's a scam!

• Al
      16th of Sep, 2008

Please post if you heard back from her. I placed and order and was told that it would be delivered by Sept 11th, but it was not. I have sent emails and left messages and no response when I asked for a tracking number. I am considering calling my credit card company as well.

• Je
      16th of Sep, 2008

My advice is to email her and cancel your order and dispute the charge with your credit card- since the flowers were not delivered by the 1th as promised she breeched the contract and you have every right to your money back. You will most likey have to sign something with your credit card company stating that she did not deliver by the date it was promised and hence you chose to pursue other options as she has a proven track record of not fdelivering what she promises. She will argue this with you, but it is the law plain and simple- she claims her husband works for a law firm, but she doesn't know much about contracts if this is true. Once you dispute it with your CC company and fill ou the paperwork the matter is out of your hands and the CC company will deal with her. She keeps claiming she's going to sue me for fraud, but I haven't been served yet- I even emailed her to ensure she had my correct address for the server.

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2008

UPDATE:

I had someone email about making a new order and with a few questions. They got back to her with in 24 hours.

She finally got back to us 2 days before the wedding. She said the flowers are in Canadian Customs because the address wasn't right. I gave her the new address. Then spent the rest of the day trying to get the tracking number from her. Finally got it and here's what we found out. Keep in mind we ordered this set in March:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 21, 2008
    International Dispatch, August 25, 2008, 9:53 am, NJI
    Into Foreign Customs, August 29, 2008, 2:50 pm, AUSTRALIA
    At Foreign Delivery Unit, September 02, 2008, 5:29 am, AUSTRALIA
    Attempted Delivery Abroad, September 02, 2008, 1:31 pm, AUSTRALIA

Too bad I wasn't getting married down there. So the bride and a bridesmaid grabbed what money they could and rushed to town to find silk flowers. $150 later and hourrs of work they made enough to get us by.
    So I wrote her wedding day to let her know and she said she would refund the order if and when it arrived. As of now I don't know where it is but it seems it may still be down under. I will give her every chance to refund for now.
    I wouldn't recommend using Custom silk creations. I think she has bitten off too much and just can't keep up with it all. Too bad as most of her work looks good.

• Je
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Beware she has a new website out there and is now selling under the name Wedding flower store- with a website of Weddingflowerstore.com

• Me
      14th of Oct, 2008

Good luck getting money back from her, she canceled my ordered and said i would get a refund on August 22nd, it's almost been 2 months and she won;t return my calls or emails. Where does she get off taking peoples money and not delivering.

• Un
      30th of Mar, 2010

It has been 2 years since I paid for my wedding flower set and I have yet to receive them or my refund.

Now that I am helping my friend plan her wedding, it brought back all the memories of having to make my own wedding bouquets 2 days before my wedding (which I must say, for not being very crafty, they turned out really well).

I decided to search and see if Susan was still running Custom Silk Creations and ripping off innocent brides. Well, turns out she is till around but one thing has changed, she no longer accepts credit card payments!

Please, all you brides to be out there, make sure that you do not order from Custom Silk Creations. Save the stress, headache and added cost of new flowers.