Custom Built Personal Training / Unprofessional Business Practices

1 CT, United States Review updated:

Custom Built Personal training are scam artists that do not provide a quality product so they earn their money by charging clients more than they think they are being charged. I learned the hard way but read your ENTIRE contract! There is an autorenewal clause at the end of your contract that requires you to send a CERTIFIED letter to cancel your services. The customer service representatives and trainers will may tell you differently but then you will continue being charged. Additionally, they will NOT send you a bill. In my case they said they "tried to call me" and then sent my account to a debt collector after 4 months. They did not see the necessity to send a bill or contact me so now I owe four months of payment instead of just 1 months because I would have taken care of the issue then. NOBODY at the company or the billing company (custom built doesn't even do their own billing) will return any of my phone calls or answer my questions. They just did not send a bill at all. The kicker is that for a year contract I only received maybe 5 sessions because the trainers fail to accommodate your schedule. Additionally, I moved so I could no longer conveniently use the gym and they refused to cancel service because I did not move "far enough" away. Company is a fraud with rude, unprofessional customer service representative. A complaint to Better Business Bureau yielded only inane, repetitive responses that failed to address any of the pertinent issues. Avoid this company at all costs.

Comments

• Rb
      13th of Nov, 2011

Please do not lump all of the CB trainers in your complaint. Many of us, myself included, do care about our clients, do show up on time, and are NOT thieves.
    RB, Phx., AZ

• Pa
      21st of Feb, 2014

Then you shouldn't be working for them...