Curran Volkswagen / scam and fraud
They quoted me a price of $250 for servicing my car, when I went to pick it up they asked us what they quoted and then laughed and said it really came out to $900. When I complained to the service manager he did very little, no one called me back as promised so the next day I showed up there to settle the matter. They took me to one of the owners office, who ended up being a real poor businssman. They said they already put a lien on the car, and locked it up and I had two choices to get it released - either pay the bill in full (and in cash) and the car leaves fixed or they can take the new part out and then I would have to pay $600 in labor for a broken car. The real problem for me is that if they had been honest about the repair cost then I would have declined to repair it since it was only to repair a convertible top, not needed to drive the car. I have a working roof now, but it was not worth what I was forced to spend. I walked out of there feeling bullied and I paid under duress. If I did not pay, my car would not be released. I called the VW of America and they were wonderful, they are working with me now to see what can be done. I offered to meet them half way and pay $450 but they would not accept blame for their service departments mistake - instead making the customer pay. The owner with the poor business skills actually said to me that if I had bought the car there or had it serviced before he would have worked with me more. I went there to figure a way for us to negotiate, but I left there feeling completely scammed.
More Curran Volkswagen Complaints & Reviews
- Volkswagen - damaged goods and no resolution 
- Volkswagen Motors Worldwide Ltd - receiving mails of award money 
- Gunther Vw Coconut Creek - fraud 
- VW SA - complaint of service 
- [Resolved] Vw Mastercars - vwsa allows their franchisee to break the law 
- Volkswagen - I am complaining about bad service at vw maintenance service agent in egypt. egyptian automotive & trading co.
- Volkswagen - polo tsi
- [Resolved] Volkswagen Silver Oaks - I bought my first car
- Volkswagen - baron n1 city
- Volkswagen - paint job, 2009 vw rusting after being garaged